From: dar...@hat.trix (Dark Hat Trix)
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp
Subject: ping mixmin aioe cyber23
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 12:11:31 -0600
 by: Dark Hat Trix - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 18:11 UTC

Greetings.

I am reading docs on inn2 and setting up a test install to figure out
all the configs. Test install is successful so far. But I am just baby
steps into it at this point. I just discovered the 'ctlinnd' command and
I am studying the man pages for 'innd' and 'ctlinnd'.

I have probed your open servers manually and they seem to operate
similar to the way I would expect my setup to operate so I want to study
configs to get it all burned into my brain. One difference is that I
plan to require all reader connections on port 563 with encryption. I am
very familiar with the NNTP protocol reader commands yet I know very
little about inn2 operation. It looks like it works with openssl so
hopefully not too much fuss will get that working.

I learn 20x faster just looking at structure of code than I do from
reading docs. Looking at the immense amount of information and docs on
inn2, it is /too/ helpful TMI to get the basic things lined up and done.

It would be really helpful if some experienced admins would copypasta
some sane configs here with the security-sensitive parts sanitized out,
of course. Then I can study them and puzzle them out along with the docs
while probing my test install to see how all the guts operate.

Thanks for your time.

--

Dark Hat Trix

Re: ping mixmin aioe cyber23

<sqscn8$15rng$1@news.trigofacile.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=394&group=news.software.nntp#394

From: iul...@nom-de-mon-site.com.invalid (Julien ÉLIE)
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp
Subject: Re: ping mixmin aioe cyber23
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 15:26:47 +0100
 by: Julien ÉLIE - Sun, 2 Jan 2022 14:26 UTC

Hi,

> I am reading docs on inn2 and setting up a test install to figure out
> all the configs.
>
> I learn 20x faster just looking at structure of code than I do from
> reading docs. Looking at the immense amount of information and docs on
> inn2, it is /too/ helpful TMI to get the basic things lined up and done.

Doesn't this unique INSTALL page answer your needs?
https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/inn/docs/install.html

It contains basic information for all the files that needs being
configured (incoming.conf, newsfeeds, innfeed.conf, storage.conf and of
course readers.conf).

> One difference is that I plan to require all reader connections on
> port 563 with encryption.
Search for "TLS" in the INSTALL page to see what to configure (notably
how to start "nnrpd -S").

> It would be really helpful if some experienced admins would copypasta
> some sane configs here with the security-sensitive parts sanitized out,
> of course.

The samples shipped with INN normally already contain all these useful
information.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Ad iura renunciata, non datur regressus. »