With all the fancy scientists in the world, why can't they just once build a nuclear balm?

computers / alt.os.linux.mageia / Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compiz

SubjectAuthor
* Update issue with Mageia8, compizAr
+* Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compizBit Twister
|`* Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compizAr
| +- Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compizBit Twister
| +* Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compizDavid W. Hodgins
| |`* Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compizAr
| | `* Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compizDavid W. Hodgins
| |  `* Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compizAr
| |   +* Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compizDavid W. Hodgins
| |   |+* Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compizBobbie Sellers
| |   ||`- Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compizAr
| |   |`* Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compizAr
| |   | `- Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compizDavid W. Hodgins
| |   `- Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compizAr
| `* Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compizred floyd
|  `* Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compizAr
|   `- Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compizfaeychild
`* Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compizDavid W. Hodgins
 `- Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compizAr

1
Update issue with Mageia8, compiz

<sbt2ve$uq5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3888&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3888

From: Ar...@127.0.0.1 (Ar)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: Update issue with Mageia8, compiz
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 20:42:38 +0100
 by: Ar - Sun, 4 Jul 2021 19:42 UTC

I performed a internet in-line update of Mageia 7 to 8, first time I
tried this method of update. After a few hours it said the update
installation was successful, and have had zero issues, other than
needing to change the odd thing here and there due to updated way of
doing certain things.

As per the errata, I disabled 3D ergo compiz-fusion before the update.

However, with the system working again, I re-enabled 3D, and when
logging in to a user account, the desktop is black, nothing is loaded as
my "loading" tune does not play, the cube works - but apart from the top
and bottom, is completely black. Only the mouse is visible.

I've had a go at lots of old solutions, but nothing seems to solve the
problem.

If I executed in the non 3D enabled desktop "compiz --replace &" in a
console session, I get some of the Compiz 3D and also by magic emerald
also works. Unfortunately I can't use emerald without Compiz, and ALL
the window decorations in Plasma look terrible.

None of these issues were in Mageia7 before the upgrade. Any
suggestions? KWin isn't doing any 3D as Compiz takes over at login.

Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compiz

<slrnse44q9.8rc0.BitTwister@wb.home.test>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3889&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3889

From: BitTwis...@mouse-potato.com (Bit Twister)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compiz
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 15:00:09 -0500
 by: Bit Twister - Sun, 4 Jul 2021 20:00 UTC

On Sun, 4 Jul 2021 20:42:38 +0100, Ar wrote:
> I performed a internet in-line update of Mageia 7 to 8, first time I
> tried this method of update. After a few hours it said the update
> installation was successful, and have had zero issues, other than
> needing to change the odd thing here and there due to updated way of
> doing certain things.
>
> As per the errata, I disabled 3D ergo compiz-fusion before the update.
>
> However, with the system working again, I re-enabled 3D, and when
> logging in to a user account, the desktop is black, nothing is loaded as
> my "loading" tune does not play, the cube works - but apart from the top
> and bottom, is completely black. Only the mouse is visible.

First thing to verify is if the problem is with user account or system.

I use a test account, junk. Makes it easy to wipe and login again
when testing anything.

If you log into junk and have no problem, then you know the problem is
in the user account.

If junk is broke you know is is a system wide problem.

I hope it is not a video driver problem.

Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compiz

<op.050uttb6a3w0dxdave@hodgins.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3890&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3890

From: dwhodg...@nomail.afraid.org (David W. Hodgins)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2021 15:52:31 -0400
 by: David W. Hodgins - Sun, 4 Jul 2021 19:52 UTC

On Sun, 04 Jul 2021 15:42:38 -0400, Ar <Ar@127.0.0.1> wrote:

> I performed a internet in-line update of Mageia 7 to 8, first time I
> tried this method of update. After a few hours it said the update
> installation was successful, and have had zero issues, other than
> needing to change the odd thing here and there due to updated way of
> doing certain things.
>
> As per the errata, I disabled 3D ergo compiz-fusion before the update.
>
> However, with the system working again, I re-enabled 3D, and when
> logging in to a user account, the desktop is black, nothing is loaded as
> my "loading" tune does not play, the cube works - but apart from the top
> and bottom, is completely black. Only the mouse is visible.
>
> I've had a go at lots of old solutions, but nothing seems to solve the
> problem.
>
> If I executed in the non 3D enabled desktop "compiz --replace &" in a
> console session, I get some of the Compiz 3D and also by magic emerald
> also works. Unfortunately I can't use emerald without Compiz, and ALL
> the window decorations in Plasma look terrible.
>
> None of these issues were in Mageia7 before the upgrade. Any
> suggestions? KWin isn't doing any 3D as Compiz takes over at login.

First thing to do is create a new user and see if the problem is present for
that user (Mageia bug) or not (user config file(s) need changing).

Regards, Dave Hodgins

--
Change dwhodgins@nomail.afraid.org to davidwhodgins@teksavvy.com for
email replies.

Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compiz

<sbtdp7$641$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3892&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3892

From: Ar...@127.0.0.1 (Ar)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 23:47:03 +0100
 by: Ar - Sun, 4 Jul 2021 22:47 UTC

On 04/07/2021 20:52, David W. Hodgins wrote:

>> None of these issues were in Mageia7 before the upgrade. Any
>> suggestions? KWin isn't doing any 3D as Compiz takes over at login.
>
> First thing to do is create a new user and see if the problem is
> present for that user (Mageia bug) or not (user config file(s) need
> changing).

I forgot to do that..

Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compiz

<sbtdvn$7ns$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3894&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3894

From: Ar...@127.0.0.1 (Ar)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 23:50:30 +0100
 by: Ar - Sun, 4 Jul 2021 22:50 UTC

On 04/07/2021 21:00, Bit Twister wrote:

> First thing to verify is if the problem is with user account or system.
>
> I use a test account, junk. Makes it easy to wipe and login again
> when testing anything.
>
> If you log into junk and have no problem, then you know the problem is
> in the user account.
>
> If junk is broke you know is is a system wide problem.
>
> I hope it is not a video driver problem.

I set up a brand new user, and that has a completely black screen also,
with mouse visible. As there would be no settings set uo for Compiz, no
"box" displays. Click anywhere you like, nothing happens.

Doesn't seem to matter if nvidia or nueveo (or however you spell it) driver.

Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compiz

<slrnse4jqa.8rc0.BitTwister@wb.home.test>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3895&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3895

From: BitTwis...@mouse-potato.com (Bit Twister)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 19:16:10 -0500
 by: Bit Twister - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 00:16 UTC

On Sun, 4 Jul 2021 23:50:30 +0100, Ar wrote:
> On 04/07/2021 21:00, Bit Twister wrote:
>

>> I hope it is not a video driver problem.
>
> I set up a brand new user, and that has a completely black screen also,
> with mouse visible. As there would be no settings set uo for Compiz, no
> "box" displays. Click anywhere you like, nothing happens.

I understand.

> Doesn't seem to matter if nvidia or nueveo (or however you spell it) driver.

Or Display Manger: gdm, lightdm, sddm, xdm, ...

I did/do not know where the setting is because I do not use any of the
whizzbang stuff.

I thought the 3D stuff was in
mcc Hardware-->Configure graphics-->Configure 3D Desktop effects

Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compiz

<op.0507rbrza3w0dxdave@hodgins.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3897&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3897

From: dwhodg...@nomail.afraid.org (David W. Hodgins)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2021 20:31:49 -0400
 by: David W. Hodgins - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 00:31 UTC

On Sun, 04 Jul 2021 18:50:30 -0400, Ar <Ar@127.0.0.1> wrote:

> On 04/07/2021 21:00, Bit Twister wrote:
>
>> First thing to verify is if the problem is with user account or system.
>>
>> I use a test account, junk. Makes it easy to wipe and login again
>> when testing anything.
>>
>> If you log into junk and have no problem, then you know the problem is
>> in the user account.
>>
>> If junk is broke you know is is a system wide problem.
>>
>> I hope it is not a video driver problem.
>
> I set up a brand new user, and that has a completely black screen also,
> with mouse visible. As there would be no settings set uo for Compiz, no
> "box" displays. Click anywhere you like, nothing happens.
>
> Doesn't seem to matter if nvidia or nueveo (or however you spell it) driver.

Try booting to run level 3 - edit boot parameters at login and append " 3"
without the quotes.

Then run "XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland dbus-run-session startplasmacompositor" to
see if plasma is working under wayland. If that fails try again with
"startx startkde" to run it under x11.

Do either of them work?

Regards, Dave Hodgins

--
Change dwhodgins@nomail.afraid.org to davidwhodgins@teksavvy.com for
email replies.

Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compiz

<sbtlv6$dn3$1@redfloyd.dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3898&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3898

From: no.s...@its.invalid (red floyd)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 18:06:46 -0700
 by: red floyd - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 01:06 UTC

On 7/4/21 3:50 PM, Ar wrote:

> I set up a brand new user, and that has a completely black screen also,
> with mouse visible. As there would be no settings set uo for Compiz, no
> "box" displays. Click anywhere you like, nothing happens.
>
> Doesn't seem to matter if nvidia or nueveo (or however you spell it)
> driver.

Happened to me with a Radeon. I don't know enough about X or compiz to
manually diagnose it, and it was a fresh install, so I just did a
reinstall.

Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compiz

<sbudcs$a0v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3901&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3901

From: Ar...@127.0.0.1 (Ar)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 08:46:35 +0100
 by: Ar - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 07:46 UTC

On 05/07/2021 02:06, red floyd wrote:

>> Doesn't seem to matter if nvidia or nueveo (or however you spell it)
>> driver.
>
> Happened to me with a Radeon.   I don't know enough about X or compiz to
> manually diagnose it, and it was a fresh install, so I just did a
> reinstall.

I had this problem once before, but that was before Compiz got forked to
Beryl and Beryl "just worked" - and consumed vastly less system
resources than Compiz (something that the rejoining was never carried in
to the Compiz code).

Because it was so long ago, I go rid of most the Compiz print outs I did
because it never screwed up again. I won't be re-installing an entire OS
just to get Compiz to work, other issues I've had have been fixed, so
the system is running nice.

Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compiz

<sbugp2$2ls$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3902&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3902

From: Ar...@127.0.0.1 (Ar)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 09:44:17 +0100
 by: Ar - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 08:44 UTC

On 05/07/2021 01:31, David W. Hodgins wrote:

Before starting, I enabled 3D before rebooting to do the init3 commands
you suggested.

> Then run "XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland dbus-run-session
> startplasmacompositor" to see if plasma is working under wayland.

Not running, the exact error displayed is..

dbus-run-session: failed to exec 'startplasmacompositor': No such file
or directory

> If that fails try again with "startx startkde" to run it under x11.

With this, KDE starts with a black screen with mouse on screen, but if I
use the mouse I can get the Compiz cube to rotate etc. No applications load.

BTW, if I have 3D disabled and run the latter command, I'm just dumped
in to a normal non 3D KDE desktop.

Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compiz

<op.052k2zmxa3w0dxdave@hodgins.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3903&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3903

From: dwhodg...@nomail.afraid.org (David W. Hodgins)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2021 14:17:13 -0400
 by: David W. Hodgins - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 18:17 UTC

On Mon, 05 Jul 2021 04:44:17 -0400, Ar <Ar@127.0.0.1> wrote:

> On 05/07/2021 01:31, David W. Hodgins wrote:
>
> Before starting, I enabled 3D before rebooting to do the init3 commands
> you suggested.
>
>> Then run "XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland dbus-run-session
>> startplasmacompositor" to see if plasma is working under wayland.
>
> Not running, the exact error displayed is..
>
> dbus-run-session: failed to exec 'startplasmacompositor': No such file
> or directory

Sorry, that was the command for Mageia 7. In Mageia 8 kde changed it to
XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland dbus-run-session startplasma-wayland
which requires the package plasma-workspace-wayland to be installed first.

>> If that fails try again with "startx startkde" to run it under x11.
>
> With this, KDE starts with a black screen with mouse on screen, but if I
> use the mouse I can get the Compiz cube to rotate etc. No applications load.
>

> BTW, if I have 3D disabled and run the latter command, I'm just dumped
> in to a normal non 3D KDE desktop.

Might end up having to accept that 3d kde doesn't work on that hardware anymore.

Regards, Dave Hodgins

--
Change dwhodgins@nomail.afraid.org to davidwhodgins@teksavvy.com for
email replies.

Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compiz

<sc0aug$ikq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3904&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3904

From: faeych...@nomail.afraid.org (faeychild)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 11:17:02 +1000
 by: faeychild - Tue, 6 Jul 2021 01:17 UTC

On 5/7/21 5:46 pm, Ar wrote:

> Because it was so long ago, I go rid of most the Compiz print outs I did
> because it never screwed up again. I won't be re-installing an entire OS
> just to get Compiz to work, other issues I've had have been fixed, so
> the system is running nice.

Is Compiz and the Desktop effects in "System Settings" an independent
setup.
I use Desktop effects because I had a bad time with Compiz many releases
ago. and steered clear ever since
--
faeychild
Running plasmashell 5.20.4 on 5.10.41-desktop-1.mga8 kernel.

Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compiz

<sc26ka$ols$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3905&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3905

From: Ar...@127.0.0.1 (Ar)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 19:15:38 +0100
 by: Ar - Tue, 6 Jul 2021 18:15 UTC

On 05/07/2021 19:17, David W. Hodgins wrote:

> Sorry, that was the command for Mageia 7. In Mageia 8 kde changed it to
> XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland dbus-run-session startplasma-wayland
> which requires the package plasma-workspace-wayland to be installed first.

Still didn't work, the errors that came up are (shortened for UID pid etc):

dbus-daemon: Activating service name='org.freedesktop.systemd1'
requested by ':1.0'.... comm="startplasma-wayland")

dbus-daemon: Activated service 'org.freedesktop.systemd1' failed:
process org.freedesktop.system1 exited with status 1

dbus-daemon: Activating service name='org.freedesktop.systemd1'
requested by ':1.0'.... comm="startplasma-wayland")

dbus-daemon: Activated service 'org.freedesktop.systemd1' failed:
process org.freedesktop.system1 exited with status 1

No backend specified through command line argument, trying auto resolution

And the session hangs, needing a hard reboot, no keyboard response at all.

>> BTW, if I have 3D disabled and run the latter command, I'm just dumped
>> in to a normal non 3D KDE desktop.
>
> Might end up having to accept that 3d kde doesn't work on that hardware
> anymore.

It should work, it's not an old graphics card. I can get the the Compiz
cube etc, just not the desktop on it.

Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compiz

<op.054h8cnna3w0dxdave@hodgins.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3906&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3906

From: dwhodg...@nomail.afraid.org (David W. Hodgins)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 15:10:50 -0400
 by: David W. Hodgins - Tue, 6 Jul 2021 19:10 UTC

On Tue, 06 Jul 2021 14:15:38 -0400, Ar <Ar@127.0.0.1> wrote:
> It should work, it's not an old graphics card. I can get the the Compiz
> cube etc, just not the desktop on it.

Please open a bug report for it so the right questions can be asked and hopefully,
a solution found. I never use any desktop effects myself (except when specifically
testing updates that effect them). With the way I'm used to using my systems, I
view them as just a waste of resources that slow things down.

Regards, Dave Hodgins

--
Change dwhodgins@nomail.afraid.org to davidwhodgins@teksavvy.com for
email replies.

Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compiz

<sc2fjv$lb4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3907&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3907

From: bli...@mouse-potato.com (Bobbie Sellers)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 13:49:03 -0700
 by: Bobbie Sellers - Tue, 6 Jul 2021 20:49 UTC

On 7/6/21 12:10 PM, David W. Hodgins wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Jul 2021 14:15:38 -0400, Ar <Ar@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>> It should work, it's not an old graphics card. I can get the the Compiz
>> cube etc, just not the desktop on it.
>
> Please open a bug report for it so the right questions can be asked and
> hopefully,
> a solution found. I never use any desktop effects myself (except when
> specifically
> testing updates that effect them). With the way I'm used to using my
> systems, I
> view them as just a waste of resources that slow things down.
>
> Regards, Dave Hodgins

Yes just go to KDE System Settings and shut off those
special effects. Like Dave H. I regard too many special effects
as a waste of resources.

bliss- - “Nearly any fool can use a Linux computer. Many do.” After all
here I am...

--
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com

Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compiz

<sc2h84$fs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3908&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3908

From: Ar...@127.0.0.1 (Ar)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 22:16:52 +0100
 by: Ar - Tue, 6 Jul 2021 21:16 UTC

On 06/07/2021 19:15, Ar wrote:

I deleted the nVidia driver, and xorg.conf, hoping to rely on nouveau
driver. The nouveau driver hung the pc and needed a hard reboot. So I
init3 and re-installed the nVidia driver to carry on.

I found some very old notes I made with my Mageia 3 install, I long
forgot about the "compositing-wm" file.

/etc/sysconfig/compositing-wm

I changed compiz-fusion entry to kwin. I re-enabled 3D and rebooted. The
desktop loaded as normal. I noticed there is now a "Start Compiz" icon
in the KDE menus, so I clicked that, and Compiz and Emerald started
flawlessly, running as it did in Mageia 7.

If I change the entry back to "compiz-fusion" log out and log back in
again, I get the black box and no loaded applications.

So I performed another test, I put all the Compiz settings to default,
meaning nothing is selected. Performing the "Start Compiz" starts it,
but it does nothing as the defaults mean it does nothing.

Putting "compiz-fusion" in to compositing-wm and restarting, I am still
back to a black box with a mouse. So not working.

As a temporary work around, I am running 3D with the "Start Compiz"
icon, and compositing-wm set to kwin (but Compiz/Emerald running).

Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compiz

<sc2i0f$51t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3909&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3909

From: Ar...@127.0.0.1 (Ar)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 22:29:50 +0100
 by: Ar - Tue, 6 Jul 2021 21:29 UTC

On 06/07/2021 20:10, David W. Hodgins wrote:

> Please open a bug report for it so the right questions can be asked and
> hopefully, a solution found.

Will look to do so. It's a weird problem.

> I never use any desktop effects myself (except when specifically
> testing updates that effect them). With the way I'm used to using my
> systems, I view them as just a waste of resources that slow things down.

I'm not bothered about the less than 1% of CPU the 3D is using.

Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compiz

<sc2i9a$6sf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3910&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3910

From: Ar...@127.0.0.1 (Ar)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 22:34:33 +0100
 by: Ar - Tue, 6 Jul 2021 21:34 UTC

On 06/07/2021 21:49, Bobbie Sellers wrote:

>     Yes just go to KDE System Settings and shut off those
> special effects.  Like Dave H. I regard too many special effects
> as a waste of resources.
>
> bliss- - “Nearly any fool can use a Linux computer. Many do.” After all
> here I am...

That's OK, but on my system (when the 3D was working properly in Mageia
7), the 3D uses less than 1% of CPU most the time it doesn't even
register in ksysguard (and certainly barely shows up any percentage in
"top").

Re: Update issue with Mageia8, compiz

<op.054pnxkia3w0dxdave@hodgins.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3911&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3911

From: dwhodg...@nomail.afraid.org (David W. Hodgins)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 17:51:23 -0400
 by: David W. Hodgins - Tue, 6 Jul 2021 21:51 UTC

On Tue, 06 Jul 2021 17:29:50 -0400, Ar <Ar@127.0.0.1> wrote:
> I'm not bothered about the less than 1% of CPU the 3D is using.

Same here. For me it's just that when I click on a running application in the
taskbar, I want it shown as quickly as the hardware will allow. I see no benefit
in adding a delay to rotate a qube or explode a window.

I disable all desktop effects and set everything that allows setting a delay to
use the shortest delay it allows.

Regards, Dave Hodgins