From: Ar...@127.0.0.1 (Ar)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: Amarok doesn't see certain drive directories
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 09:20:20 +0100
 by: Ar - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 08:20 UTC

After upgrading from Mageia 7 to 8 the other day, I've noticed among
things Amarok usually trashes on an update, it now no longer displays
the sub directories of a drive I keep the music on in the "configure" >
"Local Collection" tab.. so the individual directories can't be added
then scanned, meaning there are no statistics or lyrics saved if the
songs are played.

It seems to list directories that music should never be in, like var,
lib, usr, root.

Any suggestions how to sort that nonsense out? The directories are all
"owned" by me, so why are they all missing?

Re: Amarok doesn't see certain drive directories

<slrnseduqo.5s2.BitTwister@wb.home.test>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3915&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3915

From: BitTwis...@mouse-potato.com (Bit Twister)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: Re: Amarok doesn't see certain drive directories
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 08:19:20 -0500
 by: Bit Twister - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 13:19 UTC

On Thu, 8 Jul 2021 09:20:20 +0100, Ar wrote:
> After upgrading from Mageia 7 to 8 the other day, I've noticed among
> things Amarok usually trashes on an update, it now no longer displays
> the sub directories of a drive I keep the music on in the "configure" >
> "Local Collection" tab.. so the individual directories can't be added
> then scanned, meaning there are no statistics or lyrics saved if the
> songs are played.
>
> It seems to list directories that music should never be in, like var,
> lib, usr, root.
>
> Any suggestions how to sort that nonsense out? The directories are all
> "owned" by me, so why are they all missing?

Going to guess you have to navigate those lib, usr, root selections
to find/pick your music directory. I saw the same kind of problem when
running a slide show app. Made it easy on myself by placing a link
in $HOME to the desired directory.

As with all update/installs do test in a test account to verify your
problem is not in your account.