From: usots...@buric.co (Steve Nickolas)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2
Subject: Infocom native on the Apple ///
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 09:09:58 -0500
 by: Steve Nickolas - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 14:09 UTC

https://6.buric.co/z3a3.zip

The first 3 tracks of each of these disk images contain a patched version
of Infocom's Z3 interpreter M. I only did very basic testing with it, but
that testing appears to work (in emulation, at least).

On any model of Apple ][, it should work exactly as before.

On an Apple ///, an unused track was used to store some additional
runtimes. The boot sector is altered accordingly and will boot on both
systems. It runs in the 40-column mode with lowercase enabled (a
compromise that I did because 80-column mode would have required me to
completely reverse-engineer the interpreter to move it out of the
0800-0BFF memory space as well as more serious alterations to the terminal
driver).

Only some bare-minimum patching is applied to the interpreter, which runs
more or less exactly the same as it would on the ][. Oh, and I made it
report "Apple III Version M" instead of "Apple II Version M" when run on a
///.

The free space came from the fact that the M interpreter does not use
track $02, so that's where I put all my "new" code. (A lot of it is just
ripped out of the Apple ][ ROM.)

-uso.