From: flib...@reddwarf.jmc.corp (Mr Flibble)
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: refuting halting problem proofs
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 19:17:26 +0100
 by: Mr Flibble - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 18:17 UTC

Only Flibble has refuted halting problem proofs with his signaling halt
decider; Olcott hasn't as his simulating halt decider doesn't work.

/Flibble

Re: refuting halting problem proofs

<tfaodf$97u2$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=39324&group=comp.theory#39324

From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: refuting halting problem proofs
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 13:37:35 -0500
 by: olcott - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 18:37 UTC

On 9/7/2022 1:17 PM, Mr Flibble wrote:
> Only Flibble has refuted halting problem proofs with his signaling halt
> decider; Olcott hasn't as his simulating halt decider doesn't work.
>
> /Flibble

I have fully operational code:
*Here is the updated version* https://liarparadox.org/2022_09_07.zip

You do not even have any criteria for any halt status decision.
I think that most people here realize that you are (at least at this
point, on this subject) only a troll.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer

Re: refuting halting problem proofs

<20220907213052.00004977@reddwarf.jmc.corp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=39326&group=comp.theory#39326

From: flib...@reddwarf.jmc.corp (Mr Flibble)
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 21:30:52 +0100
 by: Mr Flibble - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 20:30 UTC

On Wed, 7 Sep 2022 13:37:35 -0500
olcott <polcott2@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/7/2022 1:17 PM, Mr Flibble wrote:
> > Only Flibble has refuted halting problem proofs with his signaling
> > halt decider; Olcott hasn't as his simulating halt decider doesn't
> > work.
> >
> > /Flibble
> >

> I have fully operational code:
> *Here is the updated version* https://liarparadox.org/2022_09_07.zip

No, your decider doesn't work as it decides the following doesn't halt:

void Px(void (*x)())
{ (void) H(x, x);
return;
}

> You do not even have any criteria for any halt status decision.
> I think that most people here realize that you are (at least at this
> point, on this subject) only a troll.
The design of the Flibble signaling halt decider is sufficiently
detailed to show that it will work (including giving a correct decision
on Px above).

/Flibble

Re: refuting halting problem proofs

<tfb01d$akv8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=39328&group=comp.theory#39328

From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 15:47:41 -0500
 by: olcott - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 20:47 UTC

On 9/7/2022 3:30 PM, Mr Flibble wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Sep 2022 13:37:35 -0500
> olcott <polcott2@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 9/7/2022 1:17 PM, Mr Flibble wrote:
>>> Only Flibble has refuted halting problem proofs with his signaling
>>> halt decider; Olcott hasn't as his simulating halt decider doesn't
>>> work.
>>>
>>> /Flibble
>>>

>> I have fully operational code:
>> *Here is the updated version* https://liarparadox.org/2022_09_07.zip
>
> No, your decider doesn't work as it decides the following doesn't halt:
>
> void Px(void (*x)())
> {
> (void) H(x, x);
> return;
> }
>

>> You do not even have any criteria for any halt status decision.
>> I think that most people here realize that you are (at least at this
>> point, on this subject) only a troll.
>
> The design of the Flibble signaling halt decider is sufficiently
> detailed to show that it will work (including giving a correct decision
> on Px above).
>
> /Flibble

I know that you are not dumb enough to believe this because your
original insight into the halting problem was quite good. Even though
you did not get all of the details correctly the gist of your insight
was quite good, very much better than most.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer

Re: refuting halting problem proofs

<20220907231110.000060d7@reddwarf.jmc.corp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=39329&group=comp.theory#39329

From: flib...@reddwarf.jmc.corp (Mr Flibble)
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 23:11:10 +0100
 by: Mr Flibble - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 22:11 UTC

On Wed, 7 Sep 2022 15:47:41 -0500
olcott <polcott2@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/7/2022 3:30 PM, Mr Flibble wrote:
> > On Wed, 7 Sep 2022 13:37:35 -0500
> > olcott <polcott2@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I have fully operational code:
> >> *Here is the updated version*
> >> https://liarparadox.org/2022_09_07.zip
> >
> > No, your decider doesn't work as it decides the following doesn't
> > halt:
> >
> > void Px(void (*x)())
> > {
> > (void) H(x, x);
> > return;
> > }
> >

> >> You do not even have any criteria for any halt status decision.
> >> I think that most people here realize that you are (at least at
> >> this point, on this subject) only a troll.
> >
> > The design of the Flibble signaling halt decider is sufficiently
> > detailed to show that it will work (including giving a correct
> > decision on Px above).
> >
> > /Flibble
> >

> I know that you are not dumb enough to believe this because your
> original insight into the halting problem was quite good. Even though
> you did not get all of the details correctly the gist of your insight
> was quite good, very much better than most.

Nope. The Flibble Signaling Halt Decider (tm) is correctly designed,
your decider is not.

/Flibble

Re: refuting halting problem proofs

<tfb766$baaq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=39330&group=comp.theory#39330

From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 17:49:41 -0500
 by: olcott - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 22:49 UTC

On 9/7/2022 5:11 PM, Mr Flibble wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Sep 2022 15:47:41 -0500
> olcott <polcott2@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 9/7/2022 3:30 PM, Mr Flibble wrote:

>>> No, your decider doesn't work as it decides the following doesn't
>>> halt:
>>>
>>> void Px(void (*x)())
>>> {
>>> (void) H(x, x);
>>> return;
>>> }

>>> The design of the Flibble signaling halt decider is sufficiently
>>> detailed to show that it will work (including giving a correct
>>> decision on Px above).
>>>
>>> /Flibble
>>>

>> I know that you are not dumb enough to believe this because your
>> original insight into the halting problem was quite good. Even though
>> you did not get all of the details correctly the gist of your insight
>> was quite good, very much better than most.
>
> Nope. The Flibble Signaling Halt Decider (tm) is correctly designed,
> your decider is not.
>
> /Flibble

Your design is like this, here is a plan to get rich:
(1) Get a million dollars
(2) Now you are rich

*Post the link to your plan again so that all can see*

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer

Re: refuting halting problem proofs

<20220908064442.0000513d@reddwarf.jmc.corp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=39350&group=comp.theory#39350

From: flib...@reddwarf.jmc.corp (Mr Flibble)
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 06:44:42 +0100
 by: Mr Flibble - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 05:44 UTC

On Wed, 7 Sep 2022 17:49:41 -0500
olcott <polcott2@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/7/2022 5:11 PM, Mr Flibble wrote:
> > On Wed, 7 Sep 2022 15:47:41 -0500
> > olcott <polcott2@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I know that you are not dumb enough to believe this because your
> >> original insight into the halting problem was quite good. Even
> >> though you did not get all of the details correctly the gist of
> >> your insight was quite good, very much better than most.
> >
> > Nope. The Flibble Signaling Halt Decider (tm) is correctly designed,
> > your decider is not.
> >
> > /Flibble
>
> Your design is like this, here is a plan to get rich:
> (1) Get a million dollars
> (2) Now you are rich
>
> *Post the link to your plan again so that all can see*

https://github.com/i42output/halting-problem#readme

/Flibble