Today is the first day of the rest of your lossage.

computers / alt.os.linux.mageia / OT:changing network pawword

SubjectAuthor
* OT:changing network pawwordsanto
+* Re: OT:changing network pawwordsanto
|+- Re: OT:changing network pawwordBobbie Sellers
|`- Re: OT:changing network pawwordJim
+* Re: OT:changing network pawwordJim
|`- Re: OT:changing network pawwordsanto
`- Re: OT:changing network pawwordHerman Viaene

1
OT:changing network pawword

<sffa9h$1s5i$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3989&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3989

From: nan...@auroville.org.in (santo)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: OT:changing network pawword
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 03:26:41 -0000 (UTC)
 by: santo - Tue, 17 Aug 2021 03:26 UTC

Hi all...
recently I had to change my internet connections due to phone line badly
damaged.
the technical parts ( fiber optics router/modem) is provided by a private
third party while the contract is still with the government service
provider ( BSNL )
during the technical set up I was asked for a ID and network
password ...I gave a simple ones and asked if I could change them later
and the answer was 'yes'

I have been trying to change it ever since but I do not seem to be able
understand how to do it.
I entered the IP address of the router ( or modem? never understood ) an
Alphion ASEE-1443

but managed only to change the router password and the SSID login name
but I cant find an option which allow me to change the password...
check manual and internet to no avail...
Any help is welcomed
TIA
santo

Re: OT:changing network pawword

<sffact$1s5i$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3990&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3990

From: nan...@auroville.org.in (santo)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: Re: OT:changing network pawword
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 03:28:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: santo - Tue, 17 Aug 2021 03:28 UTC

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 03:26:41 +0000, santo wrote:

> Hi all...
> recently I had to change my internet connections due to phone line badly
> damaged.
> the technical parts ( fiber optics router/modem) is provided by a
> private third party while the contract is still with the government
> service provider ( BSNL )
> during the technical set up I was asked for a ID and network password
> ...I gave a simple ones and asked if I could change them later and the
> answer was 'yes'

I contacted the private third party for help but after one week they are
still not answering...

> Any help is welcomed TIA santo

Re: OT:changing network pawword

<sffdla$7k8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3991&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3991

From: bli...@mouse-potato.com (Bobbie Sellers)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 21:24:09 -0700
 by: Bobbie Sellers - Tue, 17 Aug 2021 04:24 UTC

On 8/16/21 20:28, santo wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 03:26:41 +0000, santo wrote:
>
>> Hi all...
>> recently I had to change my internet connections due to phone line badly
>> damaged.
>> the technical parts ( fiber optics router/modem) is provided by a
>> private third party while the contract is still with the government
>> service provider ( BSNL )
>> during the technical set up I was asked for a ID and network password
>> ...I gave a simple ones and asked if I could change them later and the
>> answer was 'yes'
>
> I contacted the private third party for help but after one week they are
> still not answering...
>
>> Any help is welcomed TIA santo

On my setup to change the network password I would
go to the ISP and look for my account and/or profile so
that I could find the area devoted to password.

bliss - boots & runs a Pretty Cool Linux Operating System aka pclinuxos.

kernel 5.13.11-pclos #1

--
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com

Re: OT:changing network pawword

<sfgg4q$bui$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3992&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3992

From: jim.be...@verizon.net (Jim)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 14:12:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jim - Tue, 17 Aug 2021 14:12 UTC

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 03:26:41 +0000, santo wrote:

> Hi all...
> recently I had to change my internet connections due to phone line badly
> damaged.
> the technical parts ( fiber optics router/modem) is provided by a
> private third party while the contract is still with the government
> service provider ( BSNL )
> during the technical set up I was asked for a ID and network password
> ...I gave a simple ones and asked if I could change them later and the
> answer was 'yes'
>
> I have been trying to change it ever since but I do not seem to be able
> understand how to do it.
> I entered the IP address of the router ( or modem? never understood ) an
> Alphion ASEE-1443
>
> but managed only to change the router password and the SSID login name
> but I cant find an option which allow me to change the password...
> check manual and internet to no avail...
> Any help is welcomed TIA santo

Without more knowledge of your system and network I have
no idea what you need to do.

What machine are you trying to change your password on?
Is it a landline or WIFI network you are on?

Your modem-router should have a login&password, and after logging
in you should find a place to change that password. It may be
in configuration, edit, tools, file, of possibly elsewhere.

Usually, you use a browser to go to 192.168.1.1 or something
similar, and enter either a user id or the admin id, and
then enter a password, and look for the change password function.

Searching for the modem name plus change password in
your browser should bring up multiple websites with instructions.

If there is a login at your third-party provider, that may be
where you need to log in. Search for the name of your third-party
provider plus change password.

If it is the BSNL login&password you need to change, try using
your browser to go to
https://selfcare.bsnl.co.in/tungsten/UI/facelets/login.xhtml
and scroll down to Facilities for Registered Users Wireline
or WIFI, that has a place to click for Change Broadband Password.

The BSNL page has a Help button that will take you to a user
manual and re-registration steps for existing selfcare users,
but whether this is something you need or not I do
not know.

Cheers!

jim b.

--
UNIX is not user-unfriendly, it merely
expects users to be computer friendly.

Re: OT:changing network pawword

<sfiogq$11fv$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3993&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3993

From: nan...@auroville.org.in (santo)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 10:47:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: santo - Wed, 18 Aug 2021 10:47 UTC

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 14:12:42 +0000, Jim wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 03:26:41 +0000, santo wrote:
>
>> Hi all...
>> recently I had to change my internet connections due to phone line
>> badly damaged.
>> the technical parts ( fiber optics router/modem) is provided by a
>> private third party while the contract is still with the government
>> service provider ( BSNL )
>> during the technical set up I was asked for a ID and network password
>> ...I gave a simple ones and asked if I could change them later and the
>> answer was 'yes'
>>
>> I have been trying to change it ever since but I do not seem to be able
>> understand how to do it.
>> I entered the IP address of the router ( or modem? never understood )
>> an Alphion ASEE-1443

> Your modem-router should have a login&password, and after logging in you
> should find a place to change that password. It may be in
> configuration, edit, tools, file, of possibly elsewhere.

I can change the router/...password by logging into 192.168.1.1 but it
does not give me the option to change the wi-fi password ...

just discovered that BSNL made a mistake in typing my email so now I am
waiting for them to rectify it so that I can log in and hopefully from
there change my wi-fi password...
thank you for answering...

Re: OT:changing network pawword

<sfj3nc$898$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3994&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3994

From: jim.be...@verizon.net (Jim)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 13:59:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jim - Wed, 18 Aug 2021 13:59 UTC

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 03:28:29 +0000, santo wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 03:26:41 +0000, santo wrote:
>
>> Hi all...
>> recently I had to change my internet connections due to phone line
>> badly damaged.
>> the technical parts ( fiber optics router/modem) is provided by a
>> private third party while the contract is still with the government
>> service provider ( BSNL )
>> during the technical set up I was asked for a ID and network password
>> ...I gave a simple ones and asked if I could change them later and the
>> answer was 'yes'
>
> I contacted the private third party for help but after one week they are
> still not answering...
>
>> Any help is welcomed TIA santo

Have you tried watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqnooOqY64s

Cheers!

jim b.

--
UNIX is not user-unfriendly, it merely
expects users to be computer friendly.

Re: OT:changing network pawword

<sfnpn0$1oo3$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3995&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#3995

From: her...@invalid.invalid (Herman Viaene)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 08:38:56 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Herman Viaene - Fri, 20 Aug 2021 08:38 UTC

Op Tue, 17 Aug 2021 03:26:41 +0000, schreef santo:

> Hi all...
> recently I had to change my internet connections due to phone line badly
> damaged.
> the technical parts ( fiber optics router/modem) is provided by a
> private third party while the contract is still with the government
> service provider ( BSNL )
> during the technical set up I was asked for a ID and network password
> ...I gave a simple ones and asked if I could change them later and the
> answer was 'yes'
>
> I have been trying to change it ever since but I do not seem to be able
> understand how to do it.
> I entered the IP address of the router ( or modem? never understood ) an
> Alphion ASEE-1443

I found googling this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIS7qmJZTM4
The spoken language is Hindi I guess, but the images are clear. Tiy have
to set thru the first 3 min, but at the and it is clearly shown how to
change the WiFI password.

Herman Viaene