From: malQRMas...@gmail.com (Bill Horne)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: For whom the bell tolls: 'I'm sorry, the landline you???ve reached is no longer a working number' [telecom]
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 07:40:44 -0500
Sender: alias@iecc.com
 by: Bill Horne - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 12:40 UTC

By Dennis Wyatt

The 209 has gotten too big for just three numbers.

Sometime in the coming months, if it hasn’t happened already, an
overlay area code — 350 — is being assigned to new lines issued by
wireless carriers and landline phone companies.

The California Public Utilities Commission in September announced it
was teeing up the overlay area code for the 209 given the demand has
just about exhausted all possible number combinations.

https://www.mantecabulletin.com/opinion/local-columns/for-whom-the-bell-tolls-im-sorry-the-landline-youve-reached-is-no-longer-a-working-number/

--
(Please remove QRM for direct replies