From: ijo...@jejejeje.it
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Subject: .gmx accounts with POP3 don't work anymore. help!
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2022 15:33:35 +0200
 by: ijo...@jejejeje.it - Thu, 2 Jun 2022 13:33 UTC

Hi, I use Eudora 7.1. is there anyone using .gmx accounts with POP3?
It has been more than 1 day that Eudora has not downloaded mail with
..gmx accounts anymore. I have 4 accounts but I have problem with all
them.
But I can read the emails on the web.
Why do I have this problem?
Can I solve it?
I attach the link of the ERROR:
https://i.postimg.cc/YSgSHyvV/EUDORA.jpg
Thank you.

Re: .gmx accounts with POP3 don't work anymore. help!

<boih9hti76uq8st4qtpb2uffvadaplgpql@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=402&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#402

From: wlfr...@ix.netcom.com (Dennis Lee Bieber)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Subject: Re: .gmx accounts with POP3 don't work anymore. help!
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2022 10:43:36 -0400
 by: Dennis Lee Bieber - Thu, 2 Jun 2022 14:43 UTC

On Thu, 02 Jun 2022 15:33:35 +0200, ijones@jejejeje.it declaimed the
following:

>Hi, I use Eudora 7.1. is there anyone using .gmx accounts with POP3?
>It has been more than 1 day that Eudora has not downloaded mail with
>.gmx accounts anymore. I have 4 accounts but I have problem with all
>them.
>But I can read the emails on the web.
>Why do I have this problem?
>Can I solve it?
>I attach the link of the ERROR:
>https://i.postimg.cc/YSgSHyvV/EUDORA.jpg
>Thank you.

Not really enough information. Main question: have you installed the
HermSSL package? https://sourceforge.net/projects/hermesmail/files/

Have you checked the "Last SSL Info" for "incoming mail" on the
personality immediately after a fail message? What Authentication Style is
specified for the personality? What SSL mode is specified (if available,
required-alternate port, etc.).

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/

Re: .gmx accounts with POP3 don't work anymore. help!

<5q7i9htjdjra4c765o0t5up28q6e04jcf7@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=407&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#407

From: ijo...@jejejeje.it
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2022 22:36:28 +0200
 by: ijo...@jejejeje.it - Thu, 2 Jun 2022 20:36 UTC

> Not really enough information. Main question: have you installed the
>HermSSL package? https://sourceforge.net/projects/hermesmail/files/
>
> Have you checked the "Last SSL Info" for "incoming mail" on the
>personality immediately after a fail message? What Authentication Style is
>specified for the personality? What SSL mode is specified (if available,
>required-alternate port, etc.).

Dennis, I got a very strange problem. .gmx works well 2 days go and
today it doesn't work anymore.
I thank you so much, with your suggestion I solved my problem, just by
changing SECURE SOCKETS WHEN RECEIVING. It was with "If Available,
STARTLS", now I put "Requided, Alternate Port" and everything works
fine. Maybe has something changed in the Server? Up until 2 days ago
it worked fine with "If Available, STARTLS".
Anyway I thank you !!!