From: jgnew...@outlook.com (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: Win 10 Licence
Date: 28 Nov 2023 12:55:50 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 12:55 UTC

I am running out of Win 10 licence keys, although I have some unused
computers with Win 10 on.

A casual check shows a retail price of around £150 for the Pro version (I
need the RDP server), anybody know of a safe source of a key that will
activate legally for less than that please?

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant

Re: Win 10 Licence

<uk512f$ar25$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4077&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#4077

From: fre...@fred-smith.co.uk (Abandoned Trolley)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: Re: Win 10 Licence
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:30:23 +0000
 by: Abandoned Trolley - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:30 UTC

On 28/11/2023 12:55, Jeff Gaines wrote:

> I am running out of Win 10 licence keys, although I have some unused
> computers with Win 10 on.
>
> A casual check shows a retail price of around £150 for the Pro version
> (I need the RDP server), anybody know of a safe source of a key that
> will activate legally for less than that please?

Last time I did a virgin install of Win 10 Pro (which would be within
the last 3 months) I just used an old(ish) installation USB which I had
made using the Media Creation Tool

I selected Win 10 pro and completed the install - and when I looked in
to the "Properties" later I was informed that it had been activated.

It might be worth giving it a try - I have concluded that the dialog
with the mother ship during installation must have been changed at some
point in the last couple of years.

Re: Win 10 Licence

<xn0oa5dlv5vy1hu00l@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4109&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#4109

From: jgnew...@outlook.com (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: 3 Dec 2023 15:49:06 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 15:49 UTC

On 28/11/2023 in message <uk512f$ar25$1@dont-email.me> Abandoned Trolley
wrote:

>On 28/11/2023 12:55, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>>
>>I am running out of Win 10 licence keys, although I have some unused
>>computers with Win 10 on.
>>
>>A casual check shows a retail price of around £150 for the Pro version
>>(I need the RDP server), anybody know of a safe source of a key that will
>>activate legally for less than that please?
>>

>Last time I did a virgin install of Win 10 Pro (which would be within the
>last 3 months) I just used an old(ish) installation USB which I had made
>using the Media Creation Tool
>
>I selected Win 10 pro and completed the install - and when I looked in to
>the "Properties" later I was informed that it had been activated.
>
>It might be worth giving it a try - I have concluded that the dialog with
>the mother ship during installation must have been changed at some point
>in the last couple of years.

It doesn't like any of my keys - annoying because some of them are retail
and so should be transferable - and there's no longer an option for
telephone activation, just run a trouble shooter which is as effective as
all Windows trouble shooters.

I wonder whether to put Win 8.1 (for which I have a spare retail key) on
and see if it will upgrade and stay activated.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
If you ever find something you like buy a lifetime supply because they

Re: Win 10 Licence

<ukinoq$30k60$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4111&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#4111

From: fre...@fred-smith.co.uk (Abandoned Trolley)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 20:17:31 +0000
 by: Abandoned Trolley - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 20:17 UTC

> It doesn't like any of my keys - annoying because some of them are
> retail and so should be transferable - and there's no longer an option
> for telephone activation, just run a trouble shooter which is as
> effective as all Windows trouble shooters.
>
> I wonder whether to put Win 8.1 (for which I have a spare retail key) on
> and see if it will upgrade and stay activated.

I didnt enter a key

Last time I did this I checked a box marked something like "I dont have
a licence key"