From: malQRMas...@gmail.com (Bill Horne)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: CenturyLink has left Estero residents without phone or internet for over 3 months [telecom]
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 09:43:17 -0500
Sender: alias@iecc.com
 by: Bill Horne - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 14:43 UTC

by Tori Kinley

ESTERO, Fla. – In a world reliant on the internet, many of us can’t
imagine being without wifi for even a few hours, let alone for over
three months. For some residents in Estero, this has been their
reality.

“I have not had internet or phone line since Nov. 28,” said Rose
Nelson, a resident of Six L’s Farm Road (off Corkscrew).

She said on Nov. 28, 2022, the power company was replacing a power
pole, and after that day, they did not have internet or landline phone
service. Neighbors speculate that the power company cut the line while
replacing the power pole.

https://nbc-2.com/news/local/lee-county/2023/03/03/centurylink-has-left-estero-residents-without-phone-or-internet-for-over-3-months/

--
(Pleas remove QRM for direct replies)

Re: CenturyLink has left Estero residents without phone or internet for over 3 months [telecom]

<tu7k37$apl4$6@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4112&group=comp.dcom.telecom#4112

From: mo0...@posteo.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Date: 7 Mar 2023 16:09:27 +0100
Sender: alias@iecc.com
 by: Marco Moock - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 15:09 UTC

Am 07.03.2023 schrieb Bill Horne <malQRMassimilation@gmail.com>:

> “I have not had internet or phone line since Nov. 28,” said Rose
> Nelson, a resident of Six L’s Farm Road (off Corkscrew).
>
> She said on Nov. 28, 2022, the power company was replacing a power
> pole, and after that day, they did not have internet or landline phone
> service. Neighbors speculate that the power company cut the line while
> replacing the power pole.

Did they get their money back?
What about business?
Who pays for the damage?

Re: [telecom] CenturyLink has left Estero residents without phone or internet for over 3 months

<IA0PR19MB81296B557FDF697A07D96FE4F5B79@IA0PR19MB8129.namprd19.prod.outlook.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4113&group=comp.dcom.telecom#4113

From: fatkin...@mishmash.com (Fred Atkinson)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: Re: [telecom] CenturyLink has left Estero residents without phone or internet for over 3 months
Date: 7 Mar 2023 15:48:53 +0000
Sender: alias@iecc.com
 by: Fred Atkinson - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 15:48 UTC

On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 8:05 AM, Bill Horne <malQRMassimilation@gmail.com> wrote:
> by Tori Kinley
>
> ESTERO, Fla. – In a world reliant on the internet, many of us can’t
> imagine being without wifi for even a few hours, let alone for over
> three months. For some residents in Estero, this has been their
> reality.
>
> “I have not had internet or phone line since Nov. 28,” said Rose
> Nelson, a resident of Six L’s Farm Road (off Corkscrew).
>
> She said on Nov. 28, 2022, the power company was replacing a power
> pole, and after that day, they did not have internet or landline
> phone service. Neighbors speculate that the power company cut the
> line while replacing the power pole.
>
> https://url.emailprotection.link/?bZDZm1SYHM3rdeb2tkbiopHREGvQfZafIJNcEDwPYUDfwfs43e6Ypb_3hA6iO1pU8kCCOQzFVg3LFahGRvvYuSwwIk3-KoD6U1YGmlztTgJkCkPpe84WIlcK4DSMNN8WiEQwBSjUpG_ockEG8l6-KsX9wX2epkBF5flnyAO0fM3o~

Years ago, the phone company trenched through our yard to run an
underground phone cable to my parents' home and business property.

After they were done, I noticed that power to a shed on the business
property was out.

When I called the phone company, they told me to call the power
company [which of course, I wasn't buying into). They kept
denying responsibility despite the fact that they had trenched
through the property when power went out to the shed.

When I wasn't going to take no for an answer, they got a
supervisor involved.

He called a local electrical contractor. The contractor came out
to the property. I showed them where the phone company had
trenched. They determined that the phone company had cut the
power feeder to the shed when they trenched though.

The electrician repaired it at the phone company's expense. We got
power back to the shed.

My father was just flabbergasted that I was able to get that done.

It pays to know what is going on and what the correct course of action
is. The responsible party will generally deny their responsibility
for something like that.

Stick to your guns. You can bring about such a resolution.

Regards,

Fred Atkinson