From: malQRMas...@gmail.com (Bill Horne)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: Biden F.C.C. Nominee Withdraws [telecom]
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 21:36:54 -0500
Sender: alias@iecc.com
 by: Bill Horne - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 02:36 UTC

Gigi Sohn, who was first nominated by President Biden in October 2021,
said she had faced “unrelenting, dishonest and cruel attacks” on her
character and career.

By David McCabe

One of President Biden’s nominees to the Federal Communications
Commission, Gigi Sohn, withdrew from consideration for the job on
Tuesday, saying she had faced “unrelenting, dishonest and cruel
attacks on my character and my career as an advocate for the public
interest.”

Ms. Sohn’s announcement came shortly after Senator Joe Manchin,
Democrat of West Virginia, said he would vote against her nomination,
denying her a crucial vote in a closely divided Senate. In a
statement, Mr. Manchin said the commission “must remain above the
toxic partisanship that Americans are sick and tired of, and Ms. Sohn
has clearly shown she is not the person to do that.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/07/business/biden-fcc-nominee-withdraws.html

--
(Please remove QRM for direct replies)