From: raj...@kundracomputers.co.uk (Raj Kundra)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: OT: RMG Networks PC Player SDA-930
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 09:45:55 +0000
 by: Raj Kundra - Wed, 6 Dec 2023 09:45 UTC

I got few of these came from working environment. As part of contract,
date wiped and nothing installed. I had a look around and stripped one
and it is basically a small PC with Intel Core i5 processor, 4GB ram and
120GB SSD installed. These were used for playing media contents on
Signage monitors and according to leaflet can output to 3 monitors and
accept live TV input.

This is what I found in side:
Intel Core i5 750 2.67Ghz processor
2 x 2GB 1333Mhz DDR3 Ram modules
1 x 120GB Kingston SSD (one spare SATA slot on MB)
1 x Hauppauge Win TV HDR-1275 card
1 x AMD FirePro V4900 Graphics card with 1 x DVI and 2 x Display ports
3 x USB ports
1 x NIC port
1 x RS232 Port
1 x sound out and 1 x Min in ports

Have rack mount lugs
Size: L: 380mm, D: 280mm, H: 45mm

I am sure windows can be installed easily and might be useful to someone.
If interested message me please.

Re: OT: RMG Networks PC Player SDA-930

<uodfog$32rgf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4328&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#4328

From: raj...@kundracomputers.co.uk (Raj Kundra)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: Re: OT: RMG Networks PC Player SDA-930
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 09:35:12 +0000
 by: Raj Kundra - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 09:35 UTC

On 06/12/2023 09:45, Raj Kundra wrote:
> I got few of these came from working environment. As part of contract,
> date wiped and nothing installed. I had a look around and stripped one
> and it is basically a small PC with Intel Core i5 processor, 4GB ram
> and 120GB SSD installed. These were used for playing media contents on
> Signage monitors and according to leaflet can output to 3 monitors and
> accept live TV input.
>
> This is what I found in side:
> Intel Core i5 750 2.67Ghz processor
> 2 x 2GB 1333Mhz DDR3 Ram modules
> 1 x 120GB Kingston SSD (one spare SATA slot on MB)
> 1 x Hauppauge Win TV HDR-1275 card
> 1 x AMD FirePro V4900 Graphics card with 1 x DVI and 2 x Display ports
> 3 x USB ports
> 1 x NIC port
> 1 x RS232 Port
> 1 x sound out and 1 x Min in ports
>
> Have rack mount lugs
> Size: L: 380mm, D: 280mm, H: 45mm
>
>  I am sure windows can be installed easily and might be useful to
> someone.
> If interested message me please.

Few people from NG got in touch, but no sale.

I had a word with client and can do £70 delivered by 24Hr courier.

I got 7 Pcs left now.

Re: OT: RMG Networks PC Player SDA-930

<uodgtn$32j0d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4329&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#4329

From: i.l...@spam.com (SH)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 09:55:03 +0000
 by: SH - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 09:55 UTC

On 19/01/2024 09:35, Raj Kundra wrote:
> On 06/12/2023 09:45, Raj Kundra wrote:
>> I got few of these came from working environment. As part of contract,
>> date wiped and nothing installed. I had a look around and stripped one
>> and it is basically a small PC with Intel Core i5 processor, 4GB ram
>> and 120GB SSD installed. These were used for playing media contents on
>> Signage monitors and according to leaflet can output to 3 monitors and
>> accept live TV input.
>>
>> This is what I found in side:
>> Intel Core i5 750 2.67Ghz processor
>> 2 x 2GB 1333Mhz DDR3 Ram modules
>> 1 x 120GB Kingston SSD (one spare SATA slot on MB)
>> 1 x Hauppauge Win TV HDR-1275 card
>> 1 x AMD FirePro V4900 Graphics card with 1 x DVI and 2 x Display ports
>> 3 x USB ports
>> 1 x NIC port
>> 1 x RS232 Port
>> 1 x sound out and 1 x Min in ports
>>
>> Have rack mount lugs
>> Size: L: 380mm, D: 280mm, H: 45mm
>>
>>  I am sure windows can be installed easily and might be useful to
>> someone.
>> If interested message me please.
>
> Few people from NG got in touch, but no sale.
>
> I had a word with client and can do £70 delivered by 24Hr courier.
>
> I got 7 Pcs left now.

I think the difficulty is that these run Windows Embedded and you would
be selling them as data wiped to meet the client's expectations of you.

So its not clear that these devices can actually run linux or Windows
11.....

And another related issue is are drivers available for all the hardware
within? I did have a look and drivers are not easily available from RMG
networks.

I also seem to recall there has been some compnay changes so RMG
networks is now Korbyt

Or even where one can get Windows Embedded from to do the reinstall of
the OS.

Re: OT: RMG Networks PC Player SDA-930

<uodtv3$35fe7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4331&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#4331

From: raj...@kundracomputers.co.uk (Raj Kundra)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 13:37:39 +0000
 by: Raj Kundra - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 13:37 UTC

On 19/01/2024 09:55, SH wrote:
> On 19/01/2024 09:35, Raj Kundra wrote:
>> On 06/12/2023 09:45, Raj Kundra wrote:
>>> I got few of these came from working environment. As part of
>>> contract, date wiped and nothing installed. I had a look around and
>>> stripped one and it is basically a small PC with Intel Core i5
>>> processor, 4GB ram and 120GB SSD installed. These were used for
>>> playing media contents on Signage monitors and according to leaflet
>>> can output to 3 monitors and accept live TV input.
>>>
>>> This is what I found in side:
>>> Intel Core i5 750 2.67Ghz processor
>>> 2 x 2GB 1333Mhz DDR3 Ram modules
>>> 1 x 120GB Kingston SSD (one spare SATA slot on MB)
>>> 1 x Hauppauge Win TV HDR-1275 card
>>> 1 x AMD FirePro V4900 Graphics card with 1 x DVI and 2 x Display ports
>>> 3 x USB ports
>>> 1 x NIC port
>>> 1 x RS232 Port
>>> 1 x sound out and 1 x Min in ports
>>>
>>> Have rack mount lugs
>>> Size: L: 380mm, D: 280mm, H: 45mm
>>>
>>>  I am sure windows can be installed easily and might be useful to
>>> someone.
>>> If interested message me please.
>>
>> Few people from NG got in touch, but no sale.
>>
>> I had a word with client and can do £70 delivered by 24Hr courier.
>>
>> I got 7 Pcs left now.
>>

> I think the difficulty is that these run Windows Embedded and you
> would be selling them as data wiped to meet the client's expectations
> of you.
>
> So its not clear that these devices can actually run linux or Windows
> 11.....
>
> And another related issue is are drivers available for all the
> hardware within? I did have a look and drivers are not easily
> available from RMG networks.
>
> I also seem to recall there has been some compnay changes so RMG
> networks is now Korbyt
>
> Or even where one can get Windows Embedded from to do the reinstall of
> the OS.

I see your point, but corporation world have to be satisfied.

It's fitted with standard micro motherboard and uses all standard parts
like Intel core i5, ram and standard 2.5" SSD.

I am sure they do not run enbedded OS and will run standard windows or
Linux fine.

I can dig more details about MB part no etc this week.

Re: OT: RMG Networks PC Player SDA-930

<5UE*1oQAz@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4333&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#4333

From: theom+n...@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Theo)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: 19 Jan 2024 15:01:41 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Theo - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 15:01 UTC

SH <i.love@spam.com> wrote:
> I think the difficulty is that these run Windows Embedded and you would
> be selling them as data wiped to meet the client's expectations of you.
>
> So its not clear that these devices can actually run linux or Windows
> 11.....

Not Win 11 (without the hacks) but I'd expect Linux or Win 7/10 to work - it
looks like a regular PC spec from ~2011. Assuming there's no 'weird'
hardware in it, but I don't see why there would be. (the TV stuff is the
weirdest, but that appears to be a name-brand TV card, which you may be
able to find an image of the install CD for)

To test it out, Raj could throw a Win10 installer USB at one and see if it
boots.

> And another related issue is are drivers available for all the hardware
> within? I did have a look and drivers are not easily available from RMG
> networks.

At least Win10 should download all the drivers for you I'd have thought?

> Or even where one can get Windows Embedded from to do the reinstall of
> the OS.

The main problem is what would you use such a 13 year old PC for? That
there isn't a more modern / smaller / lower power alternative at a similar
price point.

Theo

Re: OT: RMG Networks PC Player SDA-930

<uom2cd$pkrk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4340&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#4340

From: raj...@kundracomputers.co.uk (Raj Kundra)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 15:42:04 +0000
 by: Raj Kundra - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 15:42 UTC

On 19/01/2024 15:01, Theo wrote:
> SH <i.love@spam.com> wrote:
>> I think the difficulty is that these run Windows Embedded and you would
>> be selling them as data wiped to meet the client's expectations of you.
>>
>> So its not clear that these devices can actually run linux or Windows
>> 11.....
>
> Not Win 11 (without the hacks) but I'd expect Linux or Win 7/10 to work - it
> looks like a regular PC spec from ~2011. Assuming there's no 'weird'
> hardware in it, but I don't see why there would be. (the TV stuff is the
> weirdest, but that appears to be a name-brand TV card, which you may be
> able to find an image of the install CD for)
>
> To test it out, Raj could throw a Win10 installer USB at one and see if it
> boots.
>
>> And another related issue is are drivers available for all the hardware
>> within? I did have a look and drivers are not easily available from RMG
>> networks.
>
> At least Win10 should download all the drivers for you I'd have thought?
>
>> Or even where one can get Windows Embedded from to do the reinstall of
>> the OS.
>
> The main problem is what would you use such a 13 year old PC for? That
> there isn't a more modern / smaller / lower power alternative at a similar
> price point.
>
> Theo

I just spent 30 min on it, it does not boot from USB.
So I put a test hard drive with windows 10 install for another laptop.
It boots perfect to Windows 10 64 bit.
It is fitted with Intel N6300 WWAN card and setup installed drivers and
I connected it to my Wireless network ok. Windows have found all drivers
and it is currently doing Windows updates.
AMD High Definition Sound drivers
AMD ATI Fire Pro V4900 (FireGL V) Graphics card drivers.

As far as I know you can get Code and software for Hauppauge Win TV
HDR-1275 card for £10 from Mfr’s website.