From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: [telecom] Does anyone know where to find reg. about cell phones and "911" ...
Date: 12 Mar 2023 22:31:17 +0000
Sender: alias@iecc.com
 by: danny burstein - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 22:31 UTC

Where [are] the regulations mandating cellphones (whenever technologically
capable) be allowed to make "911" calls, whether or not the cell phone
is registered, has an account with the local cellco or, for that
matter, even has a SIM in the phone?

The reason I'm asking is, well, first, I can't find the actual text,
and second, I tried making calls to "988" (the suicide prevention
number) without SIMs, etc. to test it out and they were blocked, so
I'd like to double check the language before following up.

Thanks to everyone who's about to point out this is right there in
front of my eyes - and making me slap my forehead.

dannyb@panix.com

computers / comp.dcom.telecom / [telecom] Does anyone know where to find reg. about cell phones and "911" ...