From: faeych...@nomail.afraid.org (faeychild)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: analogue clock running behind
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 10:28:38 +1100
 by: faeychild - Sat, 2 Oct 2021 23:28 UTC

Today we switched to daylight saving. One hour ahead

I noticed that while the task bar digital clock has adjusted
the analogue clock is now an hour behind.
I assumed that they were synced and basically the same clock

Curiously I find no way to adjust the analogue clock interdependently.
Remove and reinstall doesn't re-sync it either

I don't recall seeing this happen last time

--
faeychild
Running plasmashell 5.20.4 on 5.10.62-desktop-1.mga8 kernel.

Re: analogue clock running behind

<op.1ant0mr6a3w0dxdave@hodgins.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4136&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#4136

From: dwhodg...@nomail.afraid.org (David W. Hodgins)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: Re: analogue clock running behind
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2021 19:54:12 -0400
 by: David W. Hodgins - Sat, 2 Oct 2021 23:54 UTC

On Sat, 02 Oct 2021 19:28:38 -0400, faeychild <faeychild@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> Today we switched to daylight saving. One hour ahead
> I noticed that while the task bar digital clock has adjusted
> the analogue clock is now an hour behind.
> I assumed that they were synced and basically the same clock
> Curiously I find no way to adjust the analogue clock interdependently.
> Remove and reinstall doesn't re-sync it either
> I don't recall seeing this happen last time

Not happening for me. I just added the analog clock in addition to the already
present digital clock. I have the zone set to Canada/Eastern, and the hardware clock
set to utc.

Assuming kde plasma, check the files /etc/sysconfig/clock, and systemsettings5,
Personalization, Regional Settings, on the Time zone tab.

Regards, Dave Hodgins

--
Change dwhodgins@nomail.afraid.org to davidwhodgins@teksavvy.com for
email replies.

Re: analogue clock running behind

<sjd4tj$2tf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4137&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#4137

From: faeych...@nomail.afraid.org (faeychild)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 07:47:44 +1100
 by: faeychild - Sun, 3 Oct 2021 20:47 UTC

On 3/10/21 10:54, David W. Hodgins wrote:

> Assuming kde plasma, check the files /etc/sysconfig/clock, and
> systemsettings5,
> Personalization, Regional Settings, on the Time zone tab.
>
> Regards, Dave Hodgins

Brilliant, David! That was it.

I had left the Numbers, Time, Currency, Measurement stuff all at default

This morning it booted up with clocks in agreement

Regards
--
faeychild
Running plasmashell 5.20.4 on 5.10.62-desktop-1.mga8 kernel.
Mageia release 8 (Official) for x86_64 installed via Mageia-8-x86_64-DVD.iso

Re: analogue clock running behind

<sjfrcm$7i0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4138&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#4138

From: laidl...@hotkey.net.au (Doug Laidlaw)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 08:23:33 +1100
 by: Doug Laidlaw - Mon, 4 Oct 2021 21:23 UTC

On 4/10/21 07:47, faeychild wrote:
> On 3/10/21 10:54, David W. Hodgins wrote:
>

>> Assuming kde plasma, check the files /etc/sysconfig/clock, and
>> systemsettings5,
>> Personalization, Regional Settings, on the Time zone tab.
>>
>> Regards, Dave Hodgins
>>

> Brilliant, David! That was it.
>
> I had left the Numbers, Time, Currency,  Measurement stuff all at default
>
> This morning it booted up with clocks in agreement
>
> Regards
I don't have an analog clock and I am not using KDE. KDE is inclined to
sandwich itself between the CPU and the desktop environment.

Timezone info is updated regularly. If you have the current update, and
nothing in between that thinks it knows better, it should all work.I
find often that the time shown before login is wrong, but on login,
everything is O.K.

OT: I run Xfce, and have for years. With all the hype about the latest
GNOME, I might give it a spin.

Re: analogue clock running behind

<sjfv55$u3f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4140&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#4140

From: bli...@mouse-potato.com (Bobbie Sellers)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 15:27:48 -0700
 by: Bobbie Sellers - Mon, 4 Oct 2021 22:27 UTC

On 10/4/21 14:23, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> On 4/10/21 07:47, faeychild wrote:
>> On 3/10/21 10:54, David W. Hodgins wrote:
>>

>>> Assuming kde plasma, check the files /etc/sysconfig/clock, and
>>> systemsettings5,
>>> Personalization, Regional Settings, on the Time zone tab.
>>>
>>> Regards, Dave Hodgins
>>>

>> Brilliant, David! That was it.
>>
>> I had left the Numbers, Time, Currency,  Measurement stuff all at default
>>
>> This morning it booted up with clocks in agreement
>>
>> Regards
> I don't have an analog clock and I am not using KDE.  KDE is inclined to
> sandwich itself between the CPU and the desktop environment.

KDE's Plasma 5 is a Desktop Environment. While it may take up a bit
more space on disk it is lighter than most of the other widely used
Desktop Environments such as Gnome and XFCE.

> Timezone info is updated regularly.  If you have the current update, and
> nothing in between that thinks it knows better, it should all work.I
> find often that the time shown before login is wrong, but on login,
> everything is O.K.
>
> OT:  I run Xfce, and have for years.  With all the hype about the latest
> GNOME, I might give it a spin.

Don't expect any happiness from that spin.

bliss - Your tag lines (k) were stolen!
(more) There is a puff of smoke!

--
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com