From: mcgu...@lssmuseum.org (Dave McGuire)
Newsgroups: comp.protocols.kerberos
Subject: could not get default ccache?
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 21:51:02 -0400
 by: Dave McGuire - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 01:51 UTC

Hi folks! I'm back into Kerberos after being away for many years.
I'm delighted to see some familiar names here (hi Ken!) and glad to see
the great development that has happened in the years since I've run Krb5.

So I'm setting up a KDC and some clients on a test network.
Everything works fine fine, I can get a ticket etc, until I try to
establish an authenticated telnet connection. Running telnet, enabling
autologin and authdebug, and connecting to a client system persistently
fails with:

telnet: Kerberos V5: could not get default ccache

This rings a faint bell from when I was running a large Kerberized
network at Digex in the 1990s, but I can't quite get past it now.
Before I start digging into the sources, can anyone point me in the
right direction for this somewhat unhelpful error message from telnet?

My platform is a SmartOS native zone (Solaris), using Krb5 v1.18 from
pkgsrc.

Thanks,
-Dave McGuire

--
Dave McGuire, President/Curator
Large Scale Systems Museum

Re: could not get default ccache?

<uhtn9e$1843$1@mail.neurotica.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=421&group=comp.protocols.kerberos#421

From: mcgu...@lssmuseum.org (Dave McGuire)
Newsgroups: comp.protocols.kerberos
Subject: Re: could not get default ccache?
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 10:27:58 -0400
 by: Dave McGuire - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 14:27 UTC

On 10/29/23 21:51, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   Hi folks!  I'm back into Kerberos after being away for many years.
> I'm delighted to see some familiar names here (hi Ken!) and glad to see
> the great development that has happened in the years since I've run Krb5.
>
>   So I'm setting up a KDC and some clients on a test network.
> Everything works fine fine, I can get a ticket etc, until I try to
> establish an authenticated telnet connection.  Running telnet, enabling
> autologin and authdebug, and connecting to a client system persistently
> fails with:
>
> telnet: Kerberos V5: could not get default ccache
>
>   This rings a faint bell from when I was running a large Kerberized
> network at Digex in the 1990s, but I can't quite get past it now. Before
> I start digging into the sources, can anyone point me in the right
> direction for this somewhat unhelpful error message from telnet?
>
>   My platform is a SmartOS native zone (Solaris), using Krb5 v1.18 from
> pkgsrc.
>
>   Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

(anybody?)

-Dave