Sender: Scott Alfter <salfter@linode.members.linode.com>
From: sco...@alfter.diespammersdie.us
Subject: Another option for using modern input devices
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 15:41:50 GMT
 by: sco...@alfter.diespammersdie.us - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 15:41 UTC

I ran across this yesterday:

https://github.com/dekuNukem/USB4VC

It combines a Raspberry Pi with an adapter board to connect USB input
devices to older computers. Two adapter board designs are provided: one
provides PS/2 keyboard and mouse, serial mouse, and gameport joystick
compatibility, while the other provides ADB keyboard and mouse
compatibility. The latter would be useful with a IIGS, but it should be
possible to devise a new adapter board to work with the Apple II joystick
port, or maybe even replace the keyboard (probably easier for the II and II+
than for the IIe).

--
_/_
(IIGS( https://alfter.us/ Top-posting!