computers / alt.comp.os.windows-11 / Re: bluetooth automatically connects one device when I start bluetooth

SubjectAuthor
* bluetooth automatically connects one device when I start bluetoothbilsch01
+- Re: bluetooth automatically connects one device when I start bluetoothMartin Dexter
+* Re: bluetooth automatically connects one device when I start bluetoothPaul
|`* Re: bluetooth automatically connects one device when I start bluetoothbilsch01
| `- Re: bluetooth automatically connects one device when I start bluetoothPaul
`- Re: bluetooth automatically connects one device when I start bluetoothCarlos E.R.

1
bluetooth automatically connects one device when I start bluetooth

<ups3s1$hlmk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4165&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4165

From: use...@writer.com (bilsch01)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Subject: bluetooth automatically connects one device when I start bluetooth
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 18:00:05 -0800
 by: bilsch01 - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 02:00 UTC

I have two devices set up. When I turn BT on it automatically
connects to one of them. If I then disconnect it BT automatically
connects that one again. I can never connect the other device.
Someone please tell me how to fix this problem.
Thanks.

Re: bluetooth automatically connects one device when I start bluetooth

<ShhwN.68549$am1.39192@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4167&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4167

From: martinde...@nospam.invalid (Martin Dexter)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 19:01:05 -0800
 by: Martin Dexter - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 03:01 UTC

bilsch01 wrote:

> bluetooth automatically connects one device when I start bluetooth
>
> I have two devices set up. When I turn BT on it automatically
> connects to one of them. If I then disconnect it BT automatically
> connects that one again. I can never connect the other device.
> Someone please tell me how to fix this problem.
> Thanks.

Unpair the first device. See
<https://www.google.com/search?q=unpair+bluetooth+device+windows+11>

You would have paired the first device with your PC at some time in the
past. Windows 11 remembers that the first device is paired with your PC.

Re: bluetooth automatically connects one device when I start bluetooth

<uptjvi$und0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4170&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4170

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Subject: Re: bluetooth automatically connects one device when I start
bluetooth
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 10:41:35 -0500
 by: Paul - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 15:41 UTC

On 2/5/2024 9:00 PM, bilsch01 wrote:
> I have two devices set up. When I turn BT on it automatically
> connects to one of them. If I then disconnect it BT automatically
> connects that one again. I can never connect the other device.
> Someone please tell me how to fix this problem.
> Thanks.

What is the make and model of the two devices.

*******

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/bluetooth-basics/how-bluetooth-works

"Bonded devices automatically establish a connection whenever they're close enough."

Paul

Re: bluetooth automatically connects one device when I start bluetooth

<uptt9q$10ga6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4171&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4171

From: use...@writer.com (bilsch01)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
bluetooth
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 10:20:13 -0800
 by: bilsch01 - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 18:20 UTC

On 2/6/2024 7:41 AM, Paul wrote:
> On 2/5/2024 9:00 PM, bilsch01 wrote:
>> I have two devices set up. When I turn BT on it automatically
>> connects to one of them. If I then disconnect it BT automatically
>> connects that one again. I can never connect the other device.
>> Someone please tell me how to fix this problem.
>> Thanks.
>
> What is the make and model of the two devices.
>
> *******
>
> https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/bluetooth-basics/how-bluetooth-works
>
> "Bonded devices automatically establish a connection whenever they're close enough."
>
> Paul

I think I found a combination of settings that fixes the problem but I
don't understand why.

Firstly, the DEVICES are:
a) Device that was getting auto connected (was happening first):
AIS01F (a little BT receiver plugged into big stereo)
b) Other device:
NS-HAIOR18 (is integral in small stereo)

Secondly, WINDOWS 11 SETTINGS THAT APPARENTLY FIXED THE PROBLEM:
1) setting of Bluetooth Devices> Devices> Bluetooth Devices Discovery
I changed it from 'Advanced' to 'Default'
2) I removed NS-HAIOR18 then added NS-HAIOR18

Thirdly, If I want something paired, I do it manually (fine with me)

Fourthly, I can't tell 'what' about the setting:
Bluetooth Devices> Autoplay ON/OFF.
It is set to ON however everything is now manual.

Your comments will be appreciated. Thanks

Re: bluetooth automatically connects one device when I start bluetooth

<njla9kx6pv.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4173&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4173

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
bluetooth
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 22:40:39 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 21:40 UTC

On 2024-02-06 03:00, bilsch01 wrote:
> I have two devices set up. When I turn BT on it automatically
> connects to one of them. If I then disconnect it BT automatically
> connects that one again. I can never connect the other device.
> Someone please tell me how to fix this problem.

AFAIK, a computer can connect to several BT devices at the same time,
unless they are the same kind. Meaning, some are compatible.

For example, connect with a phone for internet access, and to a headphone.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: bluetooth automatically connects one device when I start bluetooth

<upuigl$142sa$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4174&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4174

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
bluetooth
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 19:22:43 -0500
 by: Paul - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 00:22 UTC

On 2/6/2024 1:20 PM, bilsch01 wrote:
> On 2/6/2024 7:41 AM, Paul wrote:
>> On 2/5/2024 9:00 PM, bilsch01 wrote:
>>> I have two devices set up. When I turn BT on it automatically
>>> connects to one of them. If I then disconnect it BT automatically
>>> connects that one again. I can never connect the other device.
>>> Someone please tell me how to fix this problem.
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> What is the make and model of the two devices.
>>
>> *******
>>
>> https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/bluetooth-basics/how-bluetooth-works
>>
>>    "Bonded devices automatically establish a connection whenever they're close enough."
>>
>>    Paul
>
> I think I found a combination of settings that fixes the problem but I don't understand why.
>
> Firstly, the DEVICES are:
> a) Device that was getting auto connected (was happening first):
> AIS01F (a little BT receiver plugged into big stereo)
> b) Other device:
> NS-HAIOR18 (is integral in small stereo)
>
> Secondly, WINDOWS 11 SETTINGS THAT APPARENTLY FIXED THE PROBLEM:
> 1) setting of Bluetooth Devices> Devices> Bluetooth Devices Discovery
> I changed it from 'Advanced' to 'Default'
> 2) I removed NS-HAIOR18 then added NS-HAIOR18
>
> Thirdly, If I want something paired, I do it manually (fine with me)
>
> Fourthly, I can't tell 'what' about the setting:
> Bluetooth Devices> Autoplay ON/OFF.
> It is set to ON however everything is now manual.
>
> Your comments will be appreciated.   Thanks

You have turned off a "new feature".

The "new feature" is apparently why this happened.

It's possible this was added recently to the OS.
You would need to look for some release notes, to
discover the details.

"Swift Pair" ???

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/pair-a-bluetooth-device-in-windows-2be7b51f-6ae9-b757-a3b9-95ee40c3e242

Paul