Somebody's terminal is dropping bits. I found a pile of them over in the corner.

computers / comp.sys.unisys / Re: Problems with Unisys Dorado support?

SubjectAuthor
* Problems with Unisys Dorado support?comp.sys.unisys
`- Re: Problems with Unisys Dorado support?Don Vito Martinelli

1
Problems with Unisys Dorado support?

<63f4b793-8bce-4e51-bde9-a1470fadfb1dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=420&group=comp.sys.unisys#420

Newsgroups: comp.sys.unisys
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 04:19:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Problems with Unisys Dorado support?
From: sjms...@gmail.com (comp.sys.unisys)
 by: comp.sys.unisys - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 11:19 UTC

Is it just me or has Unisys Dorado (2200, for us old-timers) support degraded lately? Six months ago I opened a trouble report against the SLIB product for a simple, re-producible, compile-time problem. I supplied a half-dozen line C program that demonstrates the problem.

Since then all Unisys has managed to do is open a UCF (00061620), but has not yet created a fix. The UCF is marked: "Engineering Location: UNISYS GLOBAL SERVICES - INDIA" which surprised me.

A Unisys employee tells me ("off the record") that Unisys laid off its old support staff and moved the work to India.

Have other customers noticed similar problems? (I'm now hesitant to upgrade our system software from 19.0 to 20.0 because I'm losing confidence in Unisys.)

- Steve J. Martin
(speaking only for myself, not for my employer)

Re: Problems with Unisys Dorado support?

<uec4v4$2bjjr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=421&group=comp.sys.unisys#421

From: hyperspa...@vogon.gov.invalid (Don Vito Martinelli)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.unisys
Subject: Re: Problems with Unisys Dorado support?
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 14:42:11 +0200
 by: Don Vito Martinelli - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 12:42 UTC

comp.sys.unisys wrote:
> Is it just me or has Unisys Dorado (2200, for us old-timers) support degraded lately? Six months ago I opened a trouble report against the SLIB product for a simple, re-producible, compile-time problem. I supplied a half-dozen line C program that demonstrates the problem.
>
> Since then all Unisys has managed to do is open a UCF (00061620), but has not yet created a fix. The UCF is marked: "Engineering Location: UNISYS GLOBAL SERVICES - INDIA" which surprised me.
>
> A Unisys employee tells me ("off the record") that Unisys laid off its old support staff and moved the work to India.
>
> Have other customers noticed similar problems? (I'm now hesitant to upgrade our system software from 19.0 to 20.0 because I'm losing confidence in Unisys.)
>
> - Steve J. Martin
> (speaking only for myself, not for my employer)

Hi Steve,

I retired a couple of weeks under five years ago and noticed back then
that some of the support work was being carried out in India (probably a
year earlier). I know we had an argument over something but we resolved
it eventually.
Actually I had more problems with Teamquest, specifically the Cobol
procs associated with the Log-Read part of SAUtilities - they had a
maintainer who did not understand COBOL data allocation. At one stage I
gave them a list of all the allocation errors in their procs, a couple
of months later they released a new level but refused to give me a copy
so I could "proofread" it. Yes, when we moved to the new level they had
my changes in there but had introduced new errors.

Cheers
Andrew