Emotions are alien to me. I'm a scientist. -- Spock, "This Side of Paradise", stardate 3417.3

devel / comp.sys.apple2.programmer / Re: Junk (sites used)

SubjectAuthor
* JunkBill Chatfield
+* Re: JunkHugh Hood
|`- Re: JunkTRS-90
+* Re: JunkTRS-90
|`* Re: JunkBill Chatfield
| `* Re: JunkTRS-90
|  `* Re: JunkSpeccie
|   `* Re: JunkBill Chatfield
|    +- Re: JunkBill Chatfield
|    +* Re: JunkOliver Schmidt
|    |`- Re: JunkTRS-90
|    +* Re: JunkSpeccie
|    |`* Re: JunkBill Chatfield
|    | `* Re: JunkJerry Penner
|    |  `- Re: JunkBill Chatfield
|    `- Re: JunkAlex Lee
+* Re: JunkI am Rob
|+* Re: JunkSpeccie
||`* Re: JunkBill Chatfield
|| `* Re: JunkD Finnigan
||  +- Re: JunkI am Rob
||  `- Re: JunkBill Chatfield
|`- Re: Junkfadden
`* Re: JunkBill Chatfield
 +- Re: JunkBill Chatfield
 `* Re: Junk (sites used)TRS-90
  `- Re: Junk (sites used)Bill Chatfield

Pages:12
Re: Junk (sites used)

<EKbpFLepEQdrIPjrJPck%matthewmpower@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=420&group=comp.sys.apple2.programmer#420

From: matthewm...@gmail.com (TRS-90)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2.programmer
Subject: Re: Junk (sites used)
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 00:36:18 GMT
 by: TRS-90 - Wed, 13 Dec 2023 00:36 UTC

"Bill Chatfield" wrote:

> Which facebook groups are you guys on? I'm on these:
>
> Apple II Software Enthusiasts
> 8-Bit Programming & Engineering
> BASIC Programming Language
> Apple II - GameZone!
> Apple II Enthusiasts
> Apple IIe Enthusiasts

I'm aware of a couple of those, and I've seen some good stuff on them. But it seems like information of Facebook isn't really searchable. My Apple II goto are CSA2 and CSA2PROGRAMMER. For one, I can read and post from my IIgs, which I really enjoy, and two, Google Groups (despite its spam) is searchable. I can later (on a modern PC) search these groups for previous entries like "How to move the @ sign?" and get back into it, sometimes years later. I also enjoy the Apple II telnet sites. Captains Quarters is great. A few years ago I used to really get into A80SAPPLEIIBBS but unfortunately that site disappeared. It was a great site. It's always interesting to see someone from the CSA2 groups on the telnet sites. I guess my big kick comes from connecting with an Apple II, asking a question about the software I'm using, and having the author of that software reply, which I can then read on my Apple II!

So, usenet and telnet sites for me. Social media just doesn't tick the right boxes.

Just my views, thanks for reading,

Matt

Re: Junk (sites used)

<20231213000152.06b65ba5@smilodon-gracilis>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=422&group=comp.sys.apple2.programmer#422

From: bill_cha...@yahoo.com (Bill Chatfield)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2.programmer
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 00:01:52 -0500
 by: Bill Chatfield - Wed, 13 Dec 2023 05:01 UTC

On Wed, 13 Dec 2023 00:36:18 GMT
TRS-90 <matthewmpower@gmail.com> wrote:

> which I can then read on my Apple II!

Very cool!
> So, usenet and telnet sites for me. Social media just doesn't tick
> the right boxes.

I'm thinking the same. It's kind of hard to actually get to the
important information on facebook because you have to keep clicking on
"show more comments" or whatever that link is. That is if you can even
find the story you're looking for.
> Just my views, thanks for reading,

Thanks for sharing.