From: flib...@reddwarf.jmc.corp (Mr Flibble)
Subject: Halting Problem (AI reprise)
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2023 18:39:40 +0000
 by: Mr Flibble - Sun, 1 Jan 2023 18:39 UTC

Flibble> Does the following C program halt?

ChatGPT> I'm sorry, but you have not provided a C program for me to
analyze. Please provide a C program and I will do my best to determine
whether it will halt or not.

Flibble>

void f()
{ f();
}

ChatGPT> This C program contains an infinite recursion, which means that
it will not halt. When the function f is called, it will continue to call
itself indefinitely, resulting in an infinite loop. This will cause the
program to run indefinitely and not halt.