From: submissi...@telecom-digest.org (The Telecom Digest)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: CWA Wireless Workers Build Power at Annual Conference [telecom]
Date: 28 Apr 2023 00:25:59 -0400
Sender: alias@iecc.com
 by: The Telecom Digest - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 04:25 UTC

April 27, 2023

Close to 250 CWA members from across the union gathered for the CWA
Wireless Workers Conference, held in person last week for the first
time in four years in Providence, R.I. They participated in workshops
and plenary sessions, shared ideas and strategized for the future,
held solidarity actions, and heard from CWA leaders, elected
officials, and other guest speakers.

Speaking to participants about the need for our union to adapt to the
ever-changing industry, CWA President Chris Shelton said, ”Since the
early days of wireless, we have been at the forefront of organizing,
representing, and fighting for workers to build a stronger, more
powerful union.” He referenced the growing group of workers in the
wireless industry who are taking collective action and joining CWA,
including tower climbers, who for the first time ever participated in
the conference. “By forming a union with CWA, tower climbers are
beating the odds, just like they beat the odds each time they go out
on a job and return home safely,” said Shelton. He also emphasized the
need to consistently mobilize to win strong contracts that improve
standards for all workers.

https://cwa-union.org/news/cwa-wireless-workers-build-power-annual-conference