"The identical is equal to itself, since it is different." -- Franco Spisani

computers / comp.sys.mac.apps / Re: Copy pictures from Iphone to Mac computer

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Copy pictures from Iphone to Mac computerAnt
+* Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo Booth app export other viAnt
|`* Re: Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo BoothJolly Roger
| +* Re: Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo Booth appDr Eberhard Lisse
| |`- Re: Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo BoothJolly Roger
| `- Re: Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo BoothLewis
`- Re: Copy pictures from Iphone to Mac computerLewis

1
Re: Copy pictures from Iphone to Mac computer

<M7OdnbeHxN7S4JX8nZ2dnUU7-bPNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=438&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#438

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Re: Copy pictures from Iphone to Mac computer
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.systems
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2021 18:18:39 -0500
 by: Ant - Mon, 2 Aug 2021 23:18 UTC

Hello.

Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo Booth app export
other video formats beside old QuickTime MOV? An over 2 minutes selfie
talking video is over 115 MB! Compressing into a zip file didn't do much
too. :( Does macOS even come with a free video converter anywhere or
does one have to get a third party? This is for Mac users who don't know
tech stuff. :/

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
2021 is repeating 2020. :( Please get your vaccine shot(s) if you haven't done so! :)
| |o o| |

Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo Booth app export other video formats beside old QuickTime MOV?

<aZudnWYcd_PK4pX8nZ2dnUU7-fmdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=439&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#439

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo Booth app export other video formats beside old QuickTime MOV?
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.systems
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2021 18:27:19 -0500
 by: Ant - Mon, 2 Aug 2021 23:27 UTC

Oops. I forgot to change my newsgroup titles! :(

In comp.sys.mac.apps Ant <ant@zimage.comant> wrote:
> Hello.

> Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo Booth app
> export other video formats beside old QuickTime MOV? An over 2 minutes
> selfie talking video is over 115 MB! Compressing into a zip file
> didn't do much too. :( Does macOS even come with a free video
> converter anywhere or does one have to get a third party? This is for
> Mac users who don't know tech stuff. I even tried QT Player's export
> with Photo Booth's video recordings, but it only lets me save as MOV
> files. Did I miss something? :/

> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
2021 is repeating 2020. :( Please get your vaccine shot(s) if you haven't done so! :)
| |o o| |
\ _ /
( )

Re: Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo Booth app export other video formats beside old QuickTime MOV?

<imrjlbF2fo6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=440&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#440

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.systems
Subject: Re: Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo Booth
app export other video formats beside old QuickTime MOV?
Date: 3 Aug 2021 01:15:23 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 3 Aug 2021 01:15 UTC

On 2021-08-02, Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:
> Oops. I forgot to change my newsgroup titles! :(
>

> In comp.sys.mac.apps Ant <ant@zimage.comant> wrote:
>> Hello.
>
>> Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo Booth app
>> export other video formats beside old QuickTime MOV? An over 2 minutes
>> selfie talking video is over 115 MB! Compressing into a zip file
>> didn't do much too. :( Does macOS even come with a free video
>> converter anywhere or does one have to get a third party? This is for
>> Mac users who don't know tech stuff. I even tried QT Player's export
>> with Photo Booth's video recordings, but it only lets me save as MOV
>> files. Did I miss something? :/
>
>> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

I just tried an export and got a 61KB JPEG file.

I wasn't even aware Photo Booth was capable of exporting (or capturing)
video.

Anyhow, if you want to encode video to some other format, Handbrake is
the standard tool to use. It's free and easy to use. So why not use it?

JR

Re: Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo Booth app export other video formats beside old QuickTime MOV?

<imsl6qF91v8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=441&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#441

From: nos...@lisse.NA (Dr Eberhard Lisse)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.systems
Subject: Re: Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo Booth app
export other video formats beside old QuickTime MOV?
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2021 12:47:53 +0200
 by: Dr Eberhard Lisse - Tue, 3 Aug 2021 10:47 UTC

Google is your friend.

There are gazillions of converters out there.

el

On 03/08/2021 03:15, Jolly Roger wrote:
> On 2021-08-02, Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:
>> Oops. I forgot to change my newsgroup titles! :(
>>

>> In comp.sys.mac.apps Ant <ant@zimage.comant> wrote:
>>> Hello.
>>
>>> Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo Booth app
>>> export other video formats beside old QuickTime MOV? An over 2 minutes
>>> selfie talking video is over 115 MB! Compressing into a zip file
>>> didn't do much too. :( Does macOS even come with a free video
>>> converter anywhere or does one have to get a third party? This is for
>>> Mac users who don't know tech stuff. I even tried QT Player's export
>>> with Photo Booth's video recordings, but it only lets me save as MOV
>>> files. Did I miss something? :/
>>
>>> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
>
> I just tried an export and got a 61KB JPEG file.
>
> I wasn't even aware Photo Booth was capable of exporting (or capturing)
> video.
>
> Anyhow, if you want to encode video to some other format, Handbrake is
> the standard tool to use. It's free and easy to use. So why not use it?

--
To email me replace 'nospam' with 'el'

Re: Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo Booth app export other video formats beside old QuickTime MOV?

<imt8qiFd1h3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=442&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#442

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system
app export other video formats beside old QuickTime MOV?
Date: 3 Aug 2021 16:22:43 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 3 Aug 2021 16:22 UTC

On 2021-08-03, Dr Eberhard Lisse <nospam@lisse.NA> wrote:
> On 03/08/2021 03:15, Jolly Roger wrote:
>> On 2021-08-02, Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:
>>> Oops. I forgot to change my newsgroup titles! :(

>> I just tried an export and got a 61KB JPEG file.
>>
>> I wasn't even aware Photo Booth was capable of exporting (or
>> capturing) video.
>>
>> Anyhow, if you want to encode video to some other format, Handbrake
>> is the standard tool to use. It's free and easy to use. So why not
>> use it?
>>
> Google is your friend.
>
> There are gazillions of converters out there.

Most are crap. No need to search through crap when Handbrake will do the
job admirably.

JR

Re: Copy pictures from Iphone to Mac computer

<slrnsgje8d.i74.g.kreme@m1mini.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=443&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#443

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.systems
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2021 21:45:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Tue, 3 Aug 2021 21:45 UTC

In message <M7OdnbeHxN7S4JX8nZ2dnUU7-bPNnZ2d@earthlink.com> Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:
> Hello.

> Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo Booth app export
> other video formats beside old QuickTime MOV? An over 2 minutes selfie
> talking video is over 115 MB! Compressing into a zip file didn't do much
> too. :( Does macOS even come with a free video converter anywhere or
> does one have to get a third party? This is for Mac users who don't know
> tech stuff. :/

OMG! ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN MB! How many floppies is that.

Pffft. Please. I have text files that are larger than 115MB.

And no, compressing a video file is a waste of time. Converting it to a
more efficient format is the only thing you can do. There are probably
hundreds of tools to do this. I use ffmpeg from the command line, but
HandBrake is a very good GUI tool.

--
Up the airy mountains, down the rushy glen... From ghosties and
bogles and long-leggity beasties... My mother said I never

Re: Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo Booth app export other video formats beside old QuickTime MOV?

<slrnsgjeb3.i74.g.kreme@m1mini.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=444&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#444

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.systems
app export other video formats beside old QuickTime MOV?
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2021 21:47:15 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Tue, 3 Aug 2021 21:47 UTC

In message <imrjlbF2fo6U1@mid.individual.net> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2021-08-02, Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:
>> Oops. I forgot to change my newsgroup titles! :(
>>

>> In comp.sys.mac.apps Ant <ant@zimage.comant> wrote:
>>> Hello.
>>
>>> Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo Booth app
>>> export other video formats beside old QuickTime MOV? An over 2 minutes
>>> selfie talking video is over 115 MB! Compressing into a zip file
>>> didn't do much too. :( Does macOS even come with a free video
>>> converter anywhere or does one have to get a third party? This is for
>>> Mac users who don't know tech stuff. I even tried QT Player's export
>>> with Photo Booth's video recordings, but it only lets me save as MOV
>>> files. Did I miss something? :/
>>
>>> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

> I just tried an export and got a 61KB JPEG file.

> I wasn't even aware Photo Booth was capable of exporting (or capturing)
> video.

Yep. There's a picture option on the lower left and a video option. The
video is, I think, MPEG-2?

> Anyhow, if you want to encode video to some other format, Handbrake is
> the standard tool to use. It's free and easy to use. So why not use it?

Yep.

--
Rid yourself of doubt -- or should you? -George Carlin