From: dieterha...@gmail.com (db)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Ikons moving
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 16:50:07 +0200
 by: db - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 14:50 UTC

The icons on my phone's screen keep moving about, or get paired,
or disappear. Is there a setting to keep them where I put them?
My phone is a Moto G(100), but I suppose Android is Android (?)
--
Dieter Britz

Re: Ikons moving

<kjkdm3Fs539U10@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=43919&group=comp.mobile.android#43919

From: bob.hen...@outlook.com (Bob Henson)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Ikons moving
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 16:22:43 +0100
 by: Bob Henson - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 15:22 UTC

On 10.8.23 3:50 pm, db wrote:
> The icons on my phone's screen keep moving about, or get paired,
> or disappear. Is there a setting to keep them where I put them?
> My phone is a Moto G(100), but I suppose Android is Android (?)

I had to change to another launcher to be able to lock my screen. I now
use the Microsoft Launcher on my Moto g 5G plus . It works very well and
makes the screen much easier to handle.

--
Tetbury, Gloucestershire , UK

Licentiae, quam stulti libertatem vocabant - Tacitus

Re: Ikons moving

<ub2vqu$1hnrf$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=43920&group=comp.mobile.android#43920

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 11:31:29 -0400
 by: Wally J - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 15:31 UTC

Bob Henson <bob.henson@outlook.com> wrote

>> The icons on my phone's screen keep moving about, or get paired,
>> or disappear. Is there a setting to keep them where I put them?
>> My phone is a Moto G(100), but I suppose Android is Android (?)
>
> I had to change to another launcher to be able to lock my screen. I now
> use the Microsoft Launcher on my Moto g 5G plus . It works very well and
> makes the screen much easier to handle.

As Bob Henson said, the launcher controls this (and many other things).

The nova launcher can lock the icons in place, and even better, it can save
the location of all the icons (even down to the app icons inside your
folders).

So if things move around, you can revert back to your last saved
configuration, which even works if you get a new phone and you want the
icons to be exactly where they were on the old phone.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Ikons moving