From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: How to stop update requests
Date: Tue, 04 May 2021 16:17:49 -0400
 by: micky - Tue, 4 May 2021 20:17 UTC

I use AnVir Task Manager, a great program even in its free version.

I'm getting reminders that Macrium Reflect has a new version. A 2"
square bubble that slides from the right to the bottom right corner of
the screen and plays chimes too! That might be okay if it were only
once, but I've gotten this 3 times already today, and last time it
reminded me at least 30 times before I shot it. Or at least I wanted
to. I don't remember what stopped it.

Anvir allows easy perusal and manipulation of the Startup Programs, and
of the Scheduler, but it's not in either one afaict. Where would it be
if not there? Apparently AnVir doesn't hold my hand, so I thought maybe
you folks would.

It's put a symbol in the hidden part of my systray. But right clicking
that has only one option, Update. Left clicking starts the update. I
don't want to do either because I don't want to give it the
satisfaction.

Putting the cursor on that symbol/icon and pressing Delete did nothing.

How can I stop this.

Re: How to stop update requests

<ifdp56F8q9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=43984&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#43984

From: rlam...@shaw.ca (Rene Lamontagne)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: How to stop update requests
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 15:29:25 -0500
 by: Rene Lamontagne - Tue, 4 May 2021 20:29 UTC

On 2021-05-04 3:17 p.m., micky wrote:
> I use AnVir Task Manager, a great program even in its free version.
>
> I'm getting reminders that Macrium Reflect has a new version. A 2"
> square bubble that slides from the right to the bottom right corner of
> the screen and plays chimes too! That might be okay if it were only
> once, but I've gotten this 3 times already today, and last time it
> reminded me at least 30 times before I shot it. Or at least I wanted
> to. I don't remember what stopped it.
>
> Anvir allows easy perusal and manipulation of the Startup Programs, and
> of the Scheduler, but it's not in either one afaict. Where would it be
> if not there? Apparently AnVir doesn't hold my hand, so I thought maybe
> you folks would.
>
> It's put a symbol in the hidden part of my systray. But right clicking
> that has only one option, Update. Left clicking starts the update. I
> don't want to do either because I don't want to give it the
> satisfaction.
>
> Putting the cursor on that symbol/icon and pressing Delete did nothing.
>
> How can I stop this.

Look in Help>configure Update check.
it's all there

Rene

Re: How to stop update requests

<3pd39g5gnnjc8btr5hcquiv43om7vamuvh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=43986&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#43986

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 04 May 2021 17:08:24 -0400
 by: micky - Tue, 4 May 2021 21:08 UTC

In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Tue, 4 May 2021 15:29:25 -0500, Rene
Lamontagne <rlamont@shaw.ca> wrote:

>On 2021-05-04 3:17 p.m., micky wrote:
>> I use AnVir Task Manager, a great program even in its free version.
>>
>> I'm getting reminders that Macrium Reflect has a new version. A 2"
>> square bubble that slides from the right to the bottom right corner of
>> the screen and plays chimes too! That might be okay if it were only
>> once, but I've gotten this 3 times already today, and last time it
>> reminded me at least 30 times before I shot it. Or at least I wanted
>> to. I don't remember what stopped it.
>>
>> Anvir allows easy perusal and manipulation of the Startup Programs, and
>> of the Scheduler, but it's not in either one afaict. Where would it be
>> if not there? Apparently AnVir doesn't hold my hand, so I thought maybe
>> you folks would.
>>
>> It's put a symbol in the hidden part of my systray. But right clicking
>> that has only one option, Update. Left clicking starts the update. I
>> don't want to do either because I don't want to give it the
>> satisfaction.
>>
>> Putting the cursor on that symbol/icon and pressing Delete did nothing.
>>
>> How can I stop this.
>>

>Look in Help>configure Update check.
>it's all there

You are right. And it was set for HOURLY update checks. I don't know
how I missed that when I first used it, or the next time. Hourly
checks?

And it was also set for Daily update checks when macrium loads. That
makes more sense.

But I'm using something else for most of my backups so stopping this is
great. Thanks.

>Rene

Re: How to stop update requests

<ifdrkqFlghU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=43987&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#43987

From: rlam...@shaw.ca (Rene Lamontagne)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 16:11:54 -0500
 by: Rene Lamontagne - Tue, 4 May 2021 21:11 UTC

On 2021-05-04 4:08 p.m., micky wrote:
> In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Tue, 4 May 2021 15:29:25 -0500, Rene
> Lamontagne <rlamont@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>> On 2021-05-04 3:17 p.m., micky wrote:
>>> I use AnVir Task Manager, a great program even in its free version.
>>>
>>> I'm getting reminders that Macrium Reflect has a new version. A 2"
>>> square bubble that slides from the right to the bottom right corner of
>>> the screen and plays chimes too! That might be okay if it were only
>>> once, but I've gotten this 3 times already today, and last time it
>>> reminded me at least 30 times before I shot it. Or at least I wanted
>>> to. I don't remember what stopped it.
>>>
>>> Anvir allows easy perusal and manipulation of the Startup Programs, and
>>> of the Scheduler, but it's not in either one afaict. Where would it be
>>> if not there? Apparently AnVir doesn't hold my hand, so I thought maybe
>>> you folks would.
>>>
>>> It's put a symbol in the hidden part of my systray. But right clicking
>>> that has only one option, Update. Left clicking starts the update. I
>>> don't want to do either because I don't want to give it the
>>> satisfaction.
>>>
>>> Putting the cursor on that symbol/icon and pressing Delete did nothing.
>>>
>>> How can I stop this.
>>>

>> Look in Help>configure Update check.
>> it's all there
>
> You are right. And it was set for HOURLY update checks. I don't know
> how I missed that when I first used it, or the next time. Hourly
> checks?
>
> And it was also set for Daily update checks when macrium loads. That
> makes more sense.
>
> But I'm using something else for most of my backups so stopping this is
> great. Thanks.
>

>> Rene

Quite welcome. :-)

Rene