From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.microsoft.windows
Subject: Re: Android into Win10
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 23:27:38 -0400
 by: Wally J - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 03:27 UTC

Ed Cryer <ed@somewhere.in.the.uk> wrote

>> This could find hardware problems (e.g., in the USB cable or in the port
>> being used on the PC) which are related to _both_ the OP's issues.
>
> Thanks, pal. I think you overwhelmed me with a vast quantity of help,
> but I can see you had the answer too.

I'm not a normal Usenet poster who is normally here for their amusement.
I'm here to edify and to learn.

When I learn, I learn from helpful people who are smarter than I am, such
as Paul and wasbit and Stan Brown and Herbert Kleebauer and Andy Burns.

When I edify, it's to write up as completely as I can, how people who
aren't as smart as those guys are, can do the things those guys can do.

You'll note that I make generous use of the Google-archived newsgroups.
There's a reason for that (i.e., it's permanently archived).
<http://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android>
<http://groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.microsoft.windows>

The purpose is to leverage the appreciable expense of effort to many!

That way the few people who know how to run a Google Usenet-article search
can find the data, now and far into the future - but also the less informed
who only know how to run a "normal" Google search find the data also.

Many (many!) times, for example, I've run a Google or DuckDuckGo or MetaGer
search where the first page of hits has some of my best Usenet tutorials.

I do all this because I am a good person who cares that others get answers.
--
Unfortunately the Windows ng we most use is not archived by Google so many
years ago I made this URL which is better than nothing for Windows searches

Re: Android into Win10

<ud9eun$2e995$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=44637&group=comp.mobile.android#44637

From: ed...@somewhere.in.the.uk (Ed Cryer)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.microsoft.windows
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 09:57:33 +0100
 by: Ed Cryer - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 08:57 UTC

Wally J wrote:
> Ed Cryer <ed@somewhere.in.the.uk> wrote
>
>>> This could find hardware problems (e.g., in the USB cable or in the port
>>> being used on the PC) which are related to _both_ the OP's issues.
>>
>> Thanks, pal. I think you overwhelmed me with a vast quantity of help,
>> but I can see you had the answer too.
>
> I'm not a normal Usenet poster who is normally here for their amusement.
> I'm here to edify and to learn.
>
> When I learn, I learn from helpful people who are smarter than I am, such
> as Paul and wasbit and Stan Brown and Herbert Kleebauer and Andy Burns.
>
> When I edify, it's to write up as completely as I can, how people who
> aren't as smart as those guys are, can do the things those guys can do.
>
> You'll note that I make generous use of the Google-archived newsgroups.
> There's a reason for that (i.e., it's permanently archived).
> <http://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android>
> <http://groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.microsoft.windows>
>
> The purpose is to leverage the appreciable expense of effort to many!
>
> That way the few people who know how to run a Google Usenet-article search
> can find the data, now and far into the future - but also the less informed
> who only know how to run a "normal" Google search find the data also.
>
> Many (many!) times, for example, I've run a Google or DuckDuckGo or MetaGer
> search where the first page of hits has some of my best Usenet tutorials.
>
> I do all this because I am a good person who cares that others get answers.

There are few NGs these days that are worthwhile; so many are flooded
with spam and trolling.
This one is among a few of the better ones.

I like your ideas of passing solutions into Google's top brackets.
Another way I've seen used is to post with "SOLVED" in the title. And
then a search in Google's Advanced Groups Search page will find them.

Ed

Re: Android into Win10

<DDCHS2A6CE+kFwaH@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=44638&group=comp.mobile.android#44638

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.microsoft.windows
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 10:04:58 +0100
 by: John Hall - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 09:04 UTC

In message <ud9eun$2e995$2@dont-email.me>, Ed Cryer
<ed@somewhere.in.the.uk> writes
<big snip>
>There are few NGs these days that are worthwhile; so many are flooded
>with spam and trolling.
>This one is among a few of the better ones.

I find that the news sever I use - NIN - does an excellent job of
filtering out spam, so I hardly ever see any. It can't help with the
trolls, of course.
--
John Hall "[It was] so steep that at intervals the street broke into steps,
like a person breaking into giggles or hiccups, and then resumed

Re: Android into Win10

<ud9vvr$2h56g$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=44641&group=comp.mobile.android#44641

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.microsoft.windows
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 09:48:43 -0400
 by: Alan - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 13:48 UTC

On 2023-09-05 23:27, Wally J wrote:
> Ed Cryer <ed@somewhere.in.the.uk> wrote
>
>>> This could find hardware problems (e.g., in the USB cable or in the port
>>> being used on the PC) which are related to _both_ the OP's issues.
>>
>> Thanks, pal. I think you overwhelmed me with a vast quantity of help,
>> but I can see you had the answer too.
>
> I'm not a normal...

....human?

We know, Arlen.