From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Any gotchas or niceties you've found on Android 13?
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 05:36:11 -0400
 by: Wally J - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 09:36 UTC

Any gotchas or niceties you've found moving from Android 12 to Android 13?

I just got this software-update notice on my 3-year old Samsung phone.
Update ready to install. One UI 5 Upgrade (Android 13)
Version A326USQU8CWB4/A326UOYN8CWB4 1,842.26MB, sec patch 2/1/2023

T-Mobile gave me my free Samsung Galaxy A32-5G on Android 11 about three
years ago. When I ported to Android 12, all hell broke loose in that most
of my apps disappeared (perhaps because I had created a one-tap shortcut
that periodically wiped out my Android ID & the GSF Android tracking IDs).

For normal people (who have no privacy) one major difference between
Android 11 and 12 was the ability to snap screenshots of protected
activities disappeared - and the screen rotation because so fancy that it
screwed up a lot when you were facing the screen (proximity detection).

Other than that, I don't recall, offhand, any other major faux pas when
moving from Android 11 to 12 - but now - Samsung is getting ready to update
me to Android 13 three years after I obtained the free Android phone.

Any gotchas or niceties you've found when moving from Android 12 to 13?

Re: Any gotchas or niceties you've found on Android 13?

<29a3bbe05a.DaveMeUK@BeagleBoard-xM>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=44660&group=comp.mobile.android#44660

From: dav...@davehigton.me.uk (David Higton)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2023 16:08:20 +0100
 by: David Higton - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 15:08 UTC

In message <udeps3$1hbb1$1@paganini.bofh.team>
Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:

> Any gotchas or niceties you've found moving from Android 12 to Android 13?
>
> I just got this software-update notice on my 3-year old Samsung phone.
> Update ready to install. One UI 5 Upgrade (Android 13)
> Version A326USQU8CWB4/A326UOYN8CWB4 1,842.26MB, sec patch 2/1/2023
>
> T-Mobile gave me my free Samsung Galaxy A32-5G on Android 11 about three
> years ago. When I ported to Android 12, all hell broke loose in that most
> of my apps disappeared (perhaps because I had created a one-tap shortcut
> that periodically wiped out my Android ID & the GSF Android tracking IDs).
>
> For normal people (who have no privacy) one major difference between
> Android 11 and 12 was the ability to snap screenshots of protected
> activities disappeared - and the screen rotation because so fancy that it
> screwed up a lot when you were facing the screen (proximity detection).
>
> Other than that, I don't recall, offhand, any other major faux pas when
> moving from Android 11 to 12 - but now - Samsung is getting ready to update
> me to Android 13 three years after I obtained the free Android phone.
>
> Any gotchas or niceties you've found when moving from Android 12 to 13?

I've not yet noticed any difference. I'm not a power user, though.

David