From: amiga1...@commodore.com (CBM64)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Subject: win 11 hoe --> pro
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 16:34:54 +0100
 by: CBM64 - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 15:34 UTC

good morning to the group. I have the following questions regarding
Windows 11. If I create a local user and then delete the "online" user,
can I still use the computer or does it crash for any reason?
furthermore: if I insert the windows 11 pro license into a windows 11
home computer, will it be promoted to windows pro? Am I running into any
problems? Thank you

Re: win 11 hoe --> pro

<usfj1c$1r5k9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4515&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4515

From: winston...@gmail.com (...w¡ñ§±¤ñ)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Subject: Re: win 11 hoe --> pro
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 10:48:26 -0700
 by: ...w¡ñ§±¤ñ - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 17:48 UTC

CBM64 wrote on 3/8/24 8:34 AM:
> good morning to the group. I have the following questions regarding
> Windows 11. If I create a local user and then delete the "online" user,
> can I still use the computer or does it crash for any reason?
> furthermore: if I insert the windows 11 pro license into a windows 11
> home computer, will it be promoted to windows pro? Am I running into any
> problems? Thank you

Win11 can be run with a Local User with or without a Microsoft
Account(MSA) Windows logon account.
- Note: Some Win11's included apps or software will prompt/require an
MSA logon to function when operating in a Local account mode.

Removing the MSA logon account will also eliminate one unqiue feature
that is only available in a MSA
- Troubleshooter that will support the ability to validate and activate
Windows 11 in the event of a major hardware change(e.g. mobo, cpu)

Win11 Home can be upgraded to Win11 Pro by using the 'Change Product key'
option(Settings/System/Activation).
- once done the device footprint and digital license on MSFT servers
will be updated to comprehend the change permitting future install on the
smae device without the need to enter the product key and automatically
activate(Win11 Pro)
Note: It might be a good idea to upgrade to Pro in the MSA logon
account before removing the MSA logon account.

--