"Nuclear war would really set back cable." -- Ted Turner

devel / comp.unix.shell / Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the server triggered by autossh.

SubjectAuthor
* There are too many sshd processes has been started on the serverhongy...@gmail.com
+* Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the server triggered bSpiros Bousbouras
|`* Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the serverhongy...@gmail.com
| +* Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the server triggered bSpiros Bousbouras
| |`- Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the server triggered bEli the Bearded
| `* Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the serverhongy...@gmail.com
|  `* Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the serverhongy...@gmail.com
|   `* Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the serverGrant Taylor
|    `* Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the serverhongy...@gmail.com
|     `* Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the serverhongy...@gmail.com
|      `* Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the serverGrant Taylor
|       `* Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the serverhongy...@gmail.com
|        `* Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the serverGrant Taylor
|         `- Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the serverhongy...@gmail.com
`* Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the serverGrant Taylor
 +* Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the serverhongy...@gmail.com
 |+* Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the serverGrant Taylor
 ||`* Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on theWilliam Unruh
 || `* Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the serverGrant Taylor
 ||  `* Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on theWilliam Unruh
 ||   `- Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the serverGrant Taylor
 |`* Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the serverhongy...@gmail.com
 | `* Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the serverhongy...@gmail.com
 |  `- Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the serverhongy...@gmail.com
 `* Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the serverhongy...@gmail.com
  +- Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the serverhongy...@gmail.com
  `- Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the serverGrant Taylor

Pages:12
Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the server triggered by autossh.

<slnrjq$sbk$1@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=4569&group=comp.unix.shell#4569

From: gtay...@tnetconsulting.net (Grant Taylor)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.shell
Subject: Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the server
triggered by autossh.
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 22:43:23 -0600
 by: Grant Taylor - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 04:43 UTC

On 10/31/21 8:22 PM, hongy...@gmail.com wrote:
> Do you mean something like the following?
>
> root@OpenWrt:~# sysctl net.nf_conntrack_max
> net.nf_conntrack_max = 16384

That's not the setting that I was thinking of. But, yes, it's within
the group of settings.

tcp_fin_timeout seems to be one of the values I was thinking of.

There are a number of TCP related sys controls.

Link - IP Sysctl - /proc/sys/net/ipv4/* Variables
- https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/networking/ip-sysctl.html

Admittedly, I've so rarely needed to change any timeout settings.
Plenty of other settings, but not timeout related.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

Re: There are too many sshd processes has been started on the server triggered by autossh.

<c24a9dd2-190e-48c0-8199-b6f8e23a938bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=4570&group=comp.unix.shell#4570

Newsgroups: comp.unix.shell
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 01:41:18 -0700 (PDT)
triggered by autossh.
From: hongyi.z...@gmail.com (hongy...@gmail.com)
 by: hongy...@gmail.com - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 08:41 UTC

On Monday, November 1, 2021 at 12:43:28 PM UTC+8, Grant Taylor wrote:
> On 10/31/21 8:22 PM, hongy...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Do you mean something like the following?
> >
> > root@OpenWrt:~# sysctl net.nf_conntrack_max
> > net.nf_conntrack_max = 16384
> That's not the setting that I was thinking of. But, yes, it's within
> the group of settings.
>
> tcp_fin_timeout seems to be one of the values I was thinking of.
>
> There are a number of TCP related sys controls.
>
> Link - IP Sysctl - /proc/sys/net/ipv4/* Variables
> - https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/networking/ip-sysctl.html
>
> Admittedly, I've so rarely needed to change any timeout settings.
> Plenty of other settings, but not timeout related.

Me too.

BTW, now, I use the following tool to complement the SSH based approach discussed here:

https://github.com/fatedier/frp

HZ