From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Open source Android keyboard with microphone (no ads, free, gsf spyware free)
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 01:44:46 -0400
 by: Wally J - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 05:44 UTC

While most keyboards have millions of downloads, this keyboard only has a
thousand downloads, but I use & love the open source OpenBoard keyboard.
a. It's free, ad free and gsf spyware free
b. It's open source & it says it follows EU privacy rules
c. It has a mic button so I use it often with the speech-to-text

*OpenBoard valencia* by Software Valencia
Free, adfree, gsfree, 1K+Downloads
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.softwarevalencia.openboard.inputmethod.latin>

This is the version I use - but now I have both to compare.
<https://github.com/dslul/openboard>
<https://f-droid.org/packages/org.dslul.openboard.inputmethod.latin/>
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dslul.openboard.inputmethod.latin>

When I checked my keyboard list, it looks like I have a lot installed.
Settings > General Management > Keyboard list and default
Samsung Keyboard
Google Voice Typing
OpenBoard <=== this is the one I've been using for years as the default
Keepass2Android
Automate
Button Mapper
Key Mapper Basic Input Method
OpenBoard valencia <=== I just added this moments ago

Apparently OpenBoard valencia is "derived" from dslul OpenBoard.
"OpenBoard valencia is a 100% FOSS keyboard (free software and
open source code) based on AOSP, without dependencies on Google binaries,
respecting privacy law. Derived from the original OpenBoard to include
the prediction for the valence following the spelling regulations
of the Normes d'El Puig." <http://www.softwarevalencia.com/>

I'm not sure why the dslul OpenBoard is no longer on the Google Play Store
repository - but I'm sure you can get it from GitHub so it won't matter.
--
The whole point of Usenet is to find people who know more than you do.