From: ImageRes...@ImageRestore.com (ImageRestorer)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: Macrium Image Restore
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 13:01:10 -0700
 by: ImageRestorer - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 20:01 UTC

Garbaged Win XP Pro laptop from unknown cause.

I have a early Macrium image on NAS. Takes it back to the primal state
of Win XP pro on this laptop. Have Macrium rescue on CD but it
bluescreens trying to load it.

Why does not Macrium allow an SD to work with on Image and Restore ???
Has to be a network or USB or HDD.

I can start Macrium on my garbaged laptop and select restore and load
the NAS Macrium restore image file.

Is is ok to do the restore ?
Is Macrium going to sit in RAM and do the disk image to "itself" disk or
does it need the disk for operations?

I am not sure if I have another way to do this.
I know I can try creating a USB rescue maybe it will do it but I tried
on another laptop and I could not get the NAS to show up under Network
in Macrium.

Re: Macrium Image Restore

<u0d3ehdethh2dhauh87ln0pu1esq65jdth@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4602&group=alt.windows7.general#4602

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: Re: Macrium Image Restore
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 17:57:01 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 21:57 UTC

On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 13:01:10 -0700, ImageRestorer
<ImageRestorer@ImageRestore.com> wrote:

>Garbaged Win XP Pro laptop from unknown cause.
>
>I have a early Macrium image on NAS. Takes it back to the primal state
>of Win XP pro on this laptop. Have Macrium rescue on CD but it
>bluescreens trying to load it.
>
>Why does not Macrium allow an SD to work with on Image and Restore ???
>Has to be a network or USB or HDD.
>
>I can start Macrium on my garbaged laptop and select restore and load
>the NAS Macrium restore image file.
>
>Is is ok to do the restore ?
>Is Macrium going to sit in RAM and do the disk image to "itself" disk or
>does it need the disk for operations?
>
>I am not sure if I have another way to do this.
>I know I can try creating a USB rescue maybe it will do it but I tried
>on another laptop and I could not get the NAS to show up under Network
>in Macrium.

Dunno about Macrium but with Achronis I use the install disk to kick
it off and it will use an image from wherever I can find it.
You may not have the SD reader driver to find an on board SD reader
but I bet a USB reader would work.

Re: Macrium Image Restore

<tbsgei$2ldi5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4603&group=alt.windows7.general#4603

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 19:06:59 -0400
 by: Paul - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 23:06 UTC

On 7/27/2022 4:01 PM, ImageRestorer wrote:

> Garbaged Win XP Pro laptop from unknown cause.
>
> I have a early Macrium image on NAS.  Takes it back to the primal state of Win XP pro on this laptop.  Have Macrium rescue on CD but it bluescreens trying to load it.
>
> Why does not Macrium allow an SD to work with on Image and Restore ???
> Has to be a network or USB or HDD.
>
> I can start Macrium on my garbaged laptop and select restore and load the NAS Macrium restore image file.
>
> Is is ok to do the restore ?
> Is Macrium going to sit in RAM and do the disk image to "itself" disk or does it need the disk for operations?
>
> I am not sure if I have another way to do this.
> I know I can try creating a USB rescue maybe it will do it but I tried on another laptop and I could not get the NAS to show up under Network in Macrium.

Scroll down to "Bree" posting, see the icon next to red "2->" arrow.

https://www.tenforums.com/backup-restore/177129-macrium-reflect-nas-devices.html

You map your NAS as the Z: drive, and do the restore from Z: over the network.

For example, I might enter

\\192.168.7.78\shared
bullwinkle
mypassword

and that becomes my Z drive.

Notice that I use an IP address for my server, because most
of the time, \\mynas would not work. But \\192.168.7.78 works OK.

As long as the image you are restoring, was meant for the machine,
sure it should work.

Note that, the Macrium software has a "Verify" option with regard
to existing .mrimg files. I had two or three .mrimg files that
were bad, and failed their "Verify". The root cause was bad RAM
in the computer when the backup was made.

Paul

Re: Macrium Image Restore

<tbuh0i$lqi$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4615&group=alt.windows7.general#4615

From: ImageRes...@ImageRestorer.com (ImageRestorer)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 10:28:46 -0700
 by: ImageRestorer - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 17:28 UTC

I had enough with this dilemma so I just clicked on.

On the garbage laptop I start MRF version 7.
I went to the Restore tab.
I went to restore an image.
MRF prsented me with a selection previous Images that I created, one
last January and others previous to that. All are located on one or
more NAS.

I click and it asked me to drag the partition of this Image on to the
current partitions where I wanted it.
I did.

I then bit the bullet and clicked to proceed.
MRF said it was now loading some version of mini windows and it started
chugging along.

The screen went away and the HDD light blinked furiously for one heck of
a long time and I figured, what the heck, I'll just walk away and let it
run. Nothing to lose.

A few long minutes later the Windows login screen appeared and I started
windows to a perfect installation of that January Image.

Hooray!!!!

Macrium Reflect Free my hero !