From: BitTwis...@mouse-potato.com (Bit Twister)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: [OT] gmail MUA May 30 warning
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 18:00:21 -0500
 by: Bit Twister - Mon, 2 May 2022 23:00 UTC

If you are receiving May 30 warning in your gmail account(s) you have a
workaround.

My solution was to go to https://myaccount.google.com/security. set
2-Step Verification and create App Passwords to generate an app pw,
then get into my MUA (claws-mail) and change the send/receive pw to
the 16 digit code google gave me.

Tip/warning once you enable 2-Step Verification you will get a phone call
or text message, depending on your selection, to log into google.com. :(

The process causes you to enter your normal ip/pw a few times so you might want
to set your browser to remember id/pw.

I just finished getting fetchmail to pull down several of my gmail accounts
email.

Re: [OT] gmail MUA May 30 warning

<t4s4eb$cgm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4674&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#4674

From: TJ...@noneofyour.business (TJ)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: Re: [OT] gmail MUA May 30 warning
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 16:48:09 -0400
 by: TJ - Tue, 3 May 2022 20:48 UTC

On 5/2/22 19:00, Bit Twister wrote:
> If you are receiving May 30 warning in your gmail account(s) you have a
> workaround.
>
> My solution was to go to https://myaccount.google.com/security. set
> 2-Step Verification and create App Passwords to generate an app pw,
> then get into my MUA (claws-mail) and change the send/receive pw to
> the 16 digit code google gave me.
>
> Tip/warning once you enable 2-Step Verification you will get a phone call
> or text message, depending on your selection, to log into google.com. :(
>
> The process causes you to enter your normal ip/pw a few times so you might want
> to set your browser to remember id/pw.
>
> I just finished getting fetchmail to pull down several of my gmail accounts
> email.

The latest Thunderbird from Mageia walked me through changing my Gmail
settings to Oauth2 almost automatically. Very easy, and Google seems
happy with it.

TJ