From: engelber...@hotmail.com (Dr Engelbert Buxbaum)
Newsgroups: comp.text.tex
Subject: funny error message from acronym made even funnier by texlogsieve
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 13:39:20 +0100
 by: Dr Engelbert Buxbaum - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 12:39 UTC

Hi,

in my book project I get dozens of error messages "Package acronym Info:
Label `acro:IDP' newly defined as it shall be overridden
although it is yet undefined on input line 653." The manual does not
explain error messages. What is going on here? Why define something so
it can be overridden, and how can you override something not yet
defined?

Btw, texlogsieve shortens this to "although it is yet undefined on input
line 653.", so it is even unclear who produces the error message.

Re: funny error message from acronym made even funnier by texlogsieve

<2r9xneswxpvl.dlg@nililand.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4702&group=comp.text.tex#4702

From: new...@nililand.de (Ulrike Fischer)
Newsgroups: comp.text.tex
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 19:27:32 +0100
 by: Ulrike Fischer - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 18:27 UTC

Am Fri, 11 Feb 2022 13:39:20 +0100 schrieb Dr Engelbert Buxbaum:

> Hi,
>
> in my book project I get dozens of error messages "Package acronym Info:

Well as you write yourself: These are not error messages but simply
package Infos. They are not even warnings and don't show up on the
terminal.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/