From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Sharing a link from Discover.
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 12:27:26 +0100
 by: Carlos E. R. - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 11:27 UTC

Hi,

Consider "Discover". When I open the phone on the leftmost screen, and I
it slide to the right, I arrive at Discover, a list of news that Google
thinks I may be interested in.

Ok, I am interested in one, so I tap "share". My intention is to share
to WhatsApp, to an account I name "me" where I store interesting things.
Thus it is possibly the most used account in WhatsApp.

The share button displays two lines of most used possibilities:

Me on RCS ; a friend ; paypal ; another friend

WhatsApp ; Firefox ; messages ; gmail

I can slide that up and get other apps.

Now, How does the thing decide what are the most used possibilities?

I never shared to me on RCS. Nor to Paypal (and never will). Both
friends I write too, but less often than to "me" on WhatsApp.

That list is silly! It doesn't have the most probable destinations nor
the most used. Two of the four are never used!

(the second line is ok)

Can I change that, and how? I would pin on that first line "me on
whatsapp", it is certainly the most used for sharing Discover links.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: Sharing a link from Discover.

<kreg15FopkfU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47181&group=comp.mobile.android#47181

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Sharing a link from Discover.
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 11:36:04 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 11:36 UTC

Carlos E. R. wrote:

> Now, How does the thing decide what are the most used possibilities?

Seems to be most recently used for me, I have just shared a couple of
Discover links to Keep. The first time Keep was on page 4 of possible
destinations, did it again and then Keep was first.

Re: Sharing a link from Discover.

<krei5cFq976U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47184&group=comp.mobile.android#47184

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 13:12:27 +0100
 by: Carlos E. R. - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 12:12 UTC

On 2023-11-13 12:36, Andy Burns wrote:
> Carlos E. R. wrote:
>
>> Now, How does the thing decide what are the most used possibilities?
>
> Seems to be most recently used for me, I have just shared a couple of
> Discover links to Keep.  The first time Keep was on page 4 of possible
> destinations, did it again and then Keep was first.

Yes, the app is in the first page.

But the destination in WhatsApp or Messages is not the most frequent.
These are in the first line of the first page.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: Sharing a link from Discover.

<krehp9Fq979U6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47185&group=comp.mobile.android#47185

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 13:06:01 +0100
 by: Carlos E. R. - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 12:06 UTC