For God's sake, stop researching for a while and begin to think!

computers / comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows / Re: Eudora migration from one computer to another, license info?

SubjectAuthor
* Eudora migration from one computer to another, license info?Fred Lorrain
+- Re: Eudora migration from one computer to another, license info?Techi Zino
+- Re: Eudora migration from one computer to another, license info?Dennis Lee Bieber
`- Re: Eudora migration from one computer to another, license info?Mark

1
Eudora migration from one computer to another, license info?

<c2420438-5952-4d0f-bd2f-76aa4997e25an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=467&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#467

Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 09:24:21 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Eudora migration from one computer to another, license info?
From: fred.lor...@gmail.com (Fred Lorrain)
 by: Fred Lorrain - Wed, 13 Jul 2022 16:24 UTC

Hi, I have a client who is wedded to his Eudora mail, his old machine is crashing frequently, and Eudora isn't opening correctly, I have copied his installation directory and implemented Hermes for SSL, so it is working in Win 10 on his new machine, but it is not the registered version, is there a way to copy the registration info from the dying machine to the new one? He also has a ton of folders, I initially installed T-bird 17.09, which was the last to have "import from Eudora" but because Eudora isn't installed in Program Files T-Bird can't find the .mbox files, and there is no "browse" feature in the import dialog. How should I get his folders back into his current Eudora install, and how can I make the T-Bird import function work? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Re: Eudora migration from one computer to another, license info?

<704e9c5a-1be4-4a0f-be53-aa9fa50bea1an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=470&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#470

Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 10:58:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: pannun...@gmail.com (Techi Zino)
 by: Techi Zino - Wed, 13 Jul 2022 17:58 UTC

On Wednesday, July 13, 2022 at 9:54:22 PM UTC+5:30, fred.l...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I have a client who is wedded to his Eudora mail, his old machine is crashing frequently, and Eudora isn't opening correctly, I have copied his installation directory and implemented Hermes for SSL, so it is working in Win 10 on his new machine, but it is not the registered version, is there a way to copy the registration info from the dying machine to the new one? He also has a ton of folders, I initially installed T-bird 17.09, which was the last to have "import from Eudora" but because Eudora isn't installed in Program Files T-Bird can't find the .mbox files, and there is no "browse" feature in the import dialog. How should I get his folders back into his current Eudora install, and how can I make the T-Bird import function work? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

25dollarsupport.com can help you migrate from Eudora to Mozilla thunderbird or any other email clients

Re: Eudora migration from one computer to another, license info?

<bu4uchhihqibfhr03v5ve08uqosfap5g8p@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=471&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#471

From: wlfr...@ix.netcom.com (Dennis Lee Bieber)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 15:06:16 -0400
 by: Dennis Lee Bieber - Wed, 13 Jul 2022 19:06 UTC

On Wed, 13 Jul 2022 09:24:21 -0700 (PDT), Fred Lorrain
<fred.lorrain@gmail.com> declaimed the following:

>Hi, I have a client who is wedded to his Eudora mail, his old machine is crashing frequently, and Eudora isn't opening correctly, I have copied his installation directory and implemented Hermes for SSL, so it is working in Win 10 on his new machine, but it is not the registered version, is there a way to copy the registration info from the dying machine to the new one? He also has a ton of folders, I initially installed T-bird 17.09, which was the last to have "import from Eudora" but because Eudora isn't installed in Program Files T-Bird can't find the .mbox files, and there is no "browse" feature in the import dialog. How should I get his folders back into his current Eudora install, and how can I make the T-Bird import function work? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

What version of Eudora? If it is prior to 7.1 (or even is 7.1) The
registration information should be in the "Help/Payment&Registration"
pop-up. Or... (from a command shell on the old machine)
%appdata%/Qualcomm/Eudora/Eudora.ini

If the version is prior to 7.1: Find a site you trust with 7.1
installer file, download it... Install it, and use

RegFirstNamePro=Generic
RegLastNamePro=User
RegCodePro=3291578383333015

as the registration code to unlock it (that's from my Eudora.ini file).

NOTE: I've been using Pandora http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm
for a few years now. You need to pay for current major version(s), but that
allows for multiple servers, personalities, etc. It has a multi-step (run
for Accounts, run for Messages, run for Contacts, etc.) importer (sense of
humor -- rather than a Wizard it is a Witcher) that can load Eudora data.

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/

Re: Eudora migration from one computer to another, license info?

<9afec9bb-ca59-42d1-bddc-b665d701fd6bn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=472&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#472

Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 08:43:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: mmxj...@gmail.com (Mark)
 by: Mark - Fri, 15 Jul 2022 15:43 UTC

On Wednesday, 13 July 2022 at 17:24:22 UTC+1, fred.l...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I have a client who is wedded to his Eudora mail, his old machine is crashing frequently, and Eudora isn't opening correctly, I have copied his installation directory and implemented Hermes for SSL, so it is working in Win 10 on his new machine, but it is not the registered version, is there a way to copy the registration info from the dying machine to the new one? He also has a ton of folders, I initially installed T-bird 17.09, which was the last to have "import from Eudora" but because Eudora isn't installed in Program Files T-Bird can't find the .mbox files, and there is no "browse" feature in the import dialog. How should I get his folders back into his current Eudora install, and how can I make the T-Bird import function work? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

All you need to do is open Eudora on his old machine and go to Help>Payment & Registration. There you'll find his registered name and license code. Now go to the same screen on his 'unregistered' version, click on ''Enter your code' and put the same information in.