From: rcp...@panix.com (Pierre Jelenc)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: freezing the display
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 20:53:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Pierre Jelenc - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 20:53 UTC

Is it possible to freeze the display on a Samsung A12/Android 12 so that
it no longer responds to accidental swipes on the screen or touches of
the physical buttons, until a specific and unlikely button chord is
pressed?

I frequently have to display QR codes (in the default text-message app)
while passing the tip jar for various bands, while getting jostled by
audience members as they move around, and I invariably end up losing the
display when my fingers touch the wrong area of the screen or its edges.

Ideally, the lock/unlock signal would be something like a simultaneous
power + volume down/up keypress.

Pierre
--
Pierre Jelenc
The Gigometer www.gigometer.com

Re: freezing the display

<ks1vt2F9fviU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47456&group=comp.mobile.android#47456

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: freezing the display
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 21:03:26 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 21:03 UTC

Pierre Jelenc wrote:

> I frequently have to display QR codes (in the default text-message app)
> while passing the tip jar for various bands, while getting jostled by
> audience members as they move around

Does your phone have "App Pinning"? search for it in settings, lets you
start a single app, then pin it, requiring the lock code to exit that app.

If not then maybe set the QR as a wallpaper?

Re: freezing the display

<ujj4bi$640$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47501&group=comp.mobile.android#47501

From: rcp...@panix.com (Pierre Jelenc)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 20:36:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Pierre Jelenc - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 20:36 UTC

In article <ks1vt2F9fviU3@mid.individual.net>,
Andy Burns <usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:
>Pierre Jelenc wrote:
>
>> I frequently have to display QR codes (in the default text-message app)
>> while passing the tip jar for various bands, while getting jostled by
>> audience members as they move around
>
>Does your phone have "App Pinning"? search for it in settings, lets you
>start a single app, then pin it, requiring the lock code to exit that app.

Found it, thanks. It's called "pin windows" here. Not exactly the most
obvious thing, but it works.

Pierre