computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)

SubjectAuthor
* Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my SamsungDudley Brooks
+* Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read myJörg Lorenz
|`* Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read myCarlos E. R.
| +* Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read myAlan
| |`- Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read myCarlos E. R.
| `* Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read myJörg Lorenz
|  `* Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read myCarlos E. R.
|   `* Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A5Frank Slootweg
|    `* Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read myCarlos E. R.
|     `* Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A5Wally J
|      `* Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read mycandycanearter07
|       `* Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A5Wally J
|        `- Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read mycandycanearter07
+* Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my SamsungDave Roya
|`* Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read myDudley Brooks
| +- Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A5Frank Slootweg
| `- Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read myDave Roya
+* Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A5Frank Slootweg
|`* Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read myDudley Brooks
| `- Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A5Frank Slootweg
`- Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can readChris

1
Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)

<ukgv5n$2no6a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47892&group=comp.mobile.android#47892

From: dbro...@runforyourlife.org (Dudley Brooks)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung
Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 20:11:32 -0800
 by: Dudley Brooks - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 04:11 UTC

I want to back up the photos on my Galaxy phone to my MacBook Pro.

First I tried Apple's recommendations: Photos app, Image Capture app,
or Preview app.

All three of them show that the Galaxy is connected to them. But none
of them can see any of the data.

I have the Android File Transfer app ... but it can't even see my phone
at all, let alone see the data on it. In fact, it never worked on ANY
of my Android phones

I then tried Airdroid, which had worked just fine on my earlier Android
phones.

It also saw my Galaxy and said that it was connected ... but it couldn't
see any data either.

I then learned that I needed to turn on USB debugging on the Galaxy.

I did so ... but even still, none of the above programs can see the data
on the phone.

What other setting am I possibly missing?

--
Dudley Brooks, Artistic Director
Run For Your Life! ... it's a dance company!

Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)

<ukhanp$2p1rk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47895&group=comp.mobile.android#47895

From: hugyb...@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my
Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 08:28:56 +0100
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 07:28 UTC

On 03.12.23 05:11, Dudley Brooks wrote:
> I want to back up the photos on my Galaxy phone to my MacBook Pro.

Why the hell are you buying an Android phone? For the same price you
would have gotten a superior iPhone which can be backed up wirelessly.

--
"Gutta cavat lapidem." (Ovid)

Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)

<ukheqm$2poi1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47896&group=comp.mobile.android#47896

From: dav...@dave123royal.com (Dave Roya)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 08:38:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dave Roya - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 08:38 UTC

On 2 Dec 2023 20:11:32 -0800 Dudley Brooks wrote:
>I want to back up the photos on my Galaxy phone to my MacBook Pro.
>
>First I tried Apple's recommendations: Photos app, Image Capture app,
>or Preview app.
>
>All three of them show that the Galaxy is connected to them. But none
>of them can see any of the data.
>
>I have the Android File Transfer app ... but it can't even see my phone
>at all, let alone see the data on it. In fact, it never worked on ANY
>of my Android phones
>
>I then tried Airdroid, which had worked just fine on my earlier Android
>phones.
>
>It also saw my Galaxy and said that it was connected ... but it couldn't
>see any data either.
>
>I then learned that I needed to turn on USB debugging on the Galaxy.
>
>I did so ... but even still, none of the above programs can see the data
>on the phone.
>
>What other setting am I possibly missing?

When I plug my Android Galaxy Tab (Android 13) into my Linux PC I get an
icon on the desktop, so it knows it's there. But when I open (mount) it to
display the files I get a prompt on Android "Do you allow...? I have to be
ready for that promt with the display on - it doesn't last long.

Previous PCs, devices, and Android versions used to also ask "Always trust
this computer?" but that doesn't happen for some reason. There is always a
permission request.
--
(Remove numerics from email address)

Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)

<ukiaso.c8g.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47906&group=comp.mobile.android#47906

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)
Date: 3 Dec 2023 15:38:17 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 15:38 UTC

Dudley Brooks <dbrooks@runforyourlife.org> wrote:
> I want to back up the photos on my Galaxy phone to my MacBook Pro.
>
> First I tried Apple's recommendations: Photos app, Image Capture app,
> or Preview app.
>
> All three of them show that the Galaxy is connected to them. But none
> of them can see any of the data.
>
> I have the Android File Transfer app ... but it can't even see my phone
> at all, let alone see the data on it. In fact, it never worked on ANY
> of my Android phones

What is "the Android File Transfer app"? It's quite an ambiguous
description. Do you mean the Samsung 'My Files' app? If so, do you use
OneDrive, Google Drive or Network Storage in that app.

> I then tried Airdroid, which had worked just fine on my earlier Android
> phones.
>
> It also saw my Galaxy and said that it was connected ... but it couldn't
> see any data either.
>
> I then learned that I needed to turn on USB debugging on the Galaxy.
>
> I did so ... but even still, none of the above programs can see the data
> on the phone.
>
> What other setting am I possibly missing?

I normally use a USB MTP connection to my Windows computer, so
different setup than yours, but when I use that, I have to unlock my
(Samsung Galaxy A51) phone, otherwise the phone is connected, but the
phone's storage is not shown, i.e. exactly like in your case.

The reason for that is clear: Security, because without that lock, a
bad actor could copy stuff from your phone by just connecting (to) it.

So is your phone unlocked when you try to access it from your Mac?

Additional tip: There is third-party software for the Mac to make a
USB MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) connection to a device. Such a
connection should work for yoy Samsung phone, because it's the same
thing as Windows uses out-of-the-box.

Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)

<uki7rc$2tfjm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47907&group=comp.mobile.android#47907

From: dbro...@runforyourlife.org (Dudley Brooks)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 07:45:46 -0800
 by: Dudley Brooks - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 15:45 UTC

On 12/3/23 12:38 AM, Dave Royal wrote:

> On 2 Dec 2023 20:11:32 -0800 Dudley Brooks wrote:
>
>> I want to back up the photos on my Galaxy phone to my MacBook Pro.
>>
>> First I tried Apple's recommendations: Photos app, Image Capture app,
>> or Preview app.
>>
>> All three of them show that the Galaxy is connected to them. But none
>> of them can see any of the data.
>>
>> I have the Android File Transfer app ... but it can't even see my phone
>> at all, let alone see the data on it. In fact, it never worked on ANY
>> of my Android phones
>>
>> I then tried Airdroid, which had worked just fine on my earlier Android
>> phones.
>>
>> It also saw my Galaxy and said that it was connected ... but it couldn't
>> see any data either.
>>
>> I then learned that I needed to turn on USB debugging on the Galaxy.
>>
>> I did so ... but even still, none of the above programs can see the data
>> on the phone.
>>
>> What other setting am I possibly missing?
>
> When I plug my Android Galaxy Tab (Android 13) into my Linux PC I get an
> icon on the desktop, so it knows it's there. But when I open (mount) it to
> display the files I get a prompt on Android "Do you allow...? I have to be
> ready for that prompt with the display on - it doesn't last long.
>
> Previous PCs, devices, and Android versions used to also ask "Always trust
> this computer?" but that doesn't happen for some reason. There is always a
> permission request.

That's right, I remember now that I always used to see some such display
when I would connect the previous phones. This time I'm not getting any
kind of permission request. I tried it again ... and I watched closely
;^) The only thing that pops up is a momentary notice that the battery
is charging.

--
Dudley Brooks, Artistic Director
Run For Your Life! ... it's a dance company!
San Francisco

Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)

<ukid6f.c8g.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47911&group=comp.mobile.android#47911

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: 3 Dec 2023 16:17:17 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 16:17 UTC

Dudley Brooks <dbrooks@runforyourlife.org> wrote:
[...]

> That's right, I remember now that I always used to see some such display
> when I would connect the previous phones. This time I'm not getting any
> kind of permission request. I tried it again ... and I watched closely
> ;^) The only thing that pops up is a momentary notice that the battery
> is charging.

There's your cue! If the phone says it's charging, it's locked. If
it's locked, you can't get at its data for obvious reasons. See my
earlier response for more details.

Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)

<ukig7r$2uu0o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47919&group=comp.mobile.android#47919

From: dav...@dave123royal.com (Dave Roya)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 18:08:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dave Roya - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 18:08 UTC

On 3 Dec 2023 07:45:46 -0800 Dudley Brooks wrote:
>On 12/3/23 12:38 AM, Dave Royal wrote:
>
>> On 2 Dec 2023 20:11:32 -0800 Dudley Brooks wrote:
>>
>>> I want to back up the photos on my Galaxy phone to my MacBook Pro.
>>>
>>> First I tried Apple's recommendations: Photos app, Image Capture app,
>>> or Preview app.
>>>
>>> All three of them show that the Galaxy is connected to them. But none
>>> of them can see any of the data.
>>>
>>> I have the Android File Transfer app ... but it can't even see my phone
>>> at all, let alone see the data on it. In fact, it never worked on ANY
>>> of my Android phones
>>>
>>> I then tried Airdroid, which had worked just fine on my earlier Android
>>> phones.
>>>
>>> It also saw my Galaxy and said that it was connected ... but it couldn't
>>> see any data either.
>>>
>>> I then learned that I needed to turn on USB debugging on the Galaxy.
>>>
>>> I did so ... but even still, none of the above programs can see the data
>>> on the phone.
>>>
>>> What other setting am I possibly missing?
>>
>> When I plug my Android Galaxy Tab (Android 13) into my Linux PC I get an
>> icon on the desktop, so it knows it's there. But when I open (mount) it to
>> display the files I get a prompt on Android "Do you allow...? I have to be
>> ready for that prompt with the display on - it doesn't last long.
>>
>> Previous PCs, devices, and Android versions used to also ask "Always trust
>> this computer?" but that doesn't happen for some reason. There is always a
>> permission request.
>
>That's right, I remember now that I always used to see some such display
>when I would connect the previous phones. This time I'm not getting any
>kind of permission request. I tried it again ... and I watched closely
>;^) The only thing that pops up is a momentary notice that the battery
>is charging.

Yes, mine says charging until it has permission to access from PC.

I've always had USB debugging on, though I don't think you need it just to
transfer photos. I use the file Linux explorer, open a window for the
tablet (after permission granted) and copy files. I suggest you use Mac
equivalent. You do need USB debugging to run ADB.

Things I've seen on previous devices/versions of Android (don't remember
which versions):

- when you plug USB in, a USB icon top-left with a pull-down menu
including charge or transfer files

- in settings developer options (?) a USB setting for default USB mode
(you want mtp)

- also in developer options, a 'forget this computer' to force it to ask
for permissions again

--
(Remove numerics from email address)

Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)

<ukiimi$2vh06$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47921&group=comp.mobile.android#47921

From: dbro...@runforyourlife.org (Dudley Brooks)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 10:50:56 -0800
 by: Dudley Brooks - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 18:50 UTC

On 12/3/23 7:38 AM, Frank Slootweg wrote:

> Dudley Brooks <dbrooks@runforyourlife.org> wrote:
>
>> I want to back up the photos on my Galaxy phone to my MacBook Pro.
>>
>> First I tried Apple's recommendations: Photos app, Image Capture app,
>> or Preview app.
>>
>> All three of them show that the Galaxy is connected to them. But none
>> of them can see any of the data.
>>
>> I have the Android File Transfer app ... but it can't even see my phone
>> at all, let alone see the data on it. In fact, it never worked on ANY
>> of my Android phones
>
> What is "the Android File Transfer app"? It's quite an ambiguous
> description. Do you mean the Samsung 'My Files' app? If so, do you use
> OneDrive, Google Drive or Network Storage in that app.

"Android File Transfer" is the actual name of the app. I've had it
since forever, although it is updated. But it has never worked.

>> I then tried Airdroid, which had worked just fine on my earlier Android
>> phones.
>>
>> It also saw my Galaxy and said that it was connected ... but it couldn't
>> see any data either.
>>
>> I then learned that I needed to turn on USB debugging on the Galaxy.
>>
>> I did so ... but even still, none of the above programs can see the data
>> on the phone.
>>
>> What other setting am I possibly missing?
>
> I normally use a USB MTP connection to my Windows computer, so
> different setup than yours, but when I use that, I have to unlock my
> (Samsung Galaxy A51) phone, otherwise the phone is connected, but the
> phone's storage is not shown, i.e. exactly like in your case.
>
> The reason for that is clear: Security, because without that lock, a
> bad actor could copy stuff from your phone by just connecting (to) it.
>
> So is your phone unlocked when you try to access it from your Mac?

By "locked" do you mean password protected so I have to enter a password
when I start? No, I've never used that, because I'm almost never
anywhere that I have to worry about someone else being near.

> Additional tip: There is third-party software for the Mac to make a
> USB MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) connection to a device. Such a
> connection should work for yoy Samsung phone, because it's the same
> thing as Windows uses out-of-the-box.

I will check it out

--
Dudley Brooks, Artistic Director
Run For Your Life! ... it's a dance company!
San Francisco

Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)

<ukipqe.n8k.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47922&group=comp.mobile.android#47922

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: 3 Dec 2023 19:52:42 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 19:52 UTC

Dudley Brooks <dbrooks@runforyourlife.org> wrote:
> On 12/3/23 7:38 AM, Frank Slootweg wrote:
>
> > Dudley Brooks <dbrooks@runforyourlife.org> wrote:
> >
> >> I want to back up the photos on my Galaxy phone to my MacBook Pro.
> >>
> >> First I tried Apple's recommendations: Photos app, Image Capture app,
> >> or Preview app.
> >>
> >> All three of them show that the Galaxy is connected to them. But none
> >> of them can see any of the data.
> >>
> >> I have the Android File Transfer app ... but it can't even see my phone
> >> at all, let alone see the data on it. In fact, it never worked on ANY
> >> of my Android phones
> >
> > What is "the Android File Transfer app"? It's quite an ambiguous
> > description. Do you mean the Samsung 'My Files' app? If so, do you use
> > OneDrive, Google Drive or Network Storage in that app.
>
> "Android File Transfer" is the actual name of the app. I've had it
> since forever, although it is updated. But it has never worked.

"Android File Transfer" gives too many hits on the Google Play
website. But since it has never worked for you, we might as well skip
this point.

> >> I then tried Airdroid, which had worked just fine on my earlier Android
> >> phones.
> >>
> >> It also saw my Galaxy and said that it was connected ... but it couldn't
> >> see any data either.
> >>
> >> I then learned that I needed to turn on USB debugging on the Galaxy.
> >>
> >> I did so ... but even still, none of the above programs can see the data
> >> on the phone.
> >>
> >> What other setting am I possibly missing?
> >
> > I normally use a USB MTP connection to my Windows computer, so
> > different setup than yours, but when I use that, I have to unlock my
> > (Samsung Galaxy A51) phone, otherwise the phone is connected, but the
> > phone's storage is not shown, i.e. exactly like in your case.
> >
> > The reason for that is clear: Security, because without that lock, a
> > bad actor could copy stuff from your phone by just connecting (to) it.
> >
> > So is your phone unlocked when you try to access it from your Mac?
>
> By "locked" do you mean password protected so I have to enter a password
> when I start? No, I've never used that, because I'm almost never
> anywhere that I have to worry about someone else being near.

Yes, I mean locked by a PIN code, fingerprint, face recognition, etc..
(I use a fingerprint with a PIN code fallback.)

I don't know if the phone also hides the access to the filesystem if
the phone is just 'sleeping' - i.e. a black display - instead of locked.

Anyway, I advise to wake up the phone - i.e. get it to display
something - while you're trying to access it from your Mac.

> > Additional tip: There is third-party software for the Mac to make a
> > USB MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) connection to a device. Such a
> > connection should work for yoy Samsung phone, because it's the same
> > thing as Windows uses out-of-the-box.
>
> I will check it out

If you can't find it, you might have to add the Mac group to the
Newsgroup: header, but in the past the Apple folks have been reluctant
to 'admit' that the Mac needs third-party software for what Windows can
do out-of-the-box.

Good luck.

Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)

<kt4ga5FmoueU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47930&group=comp.mobile.android#47930

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 00:12:05 +0100
 by: Carlos E. R. - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 23:12 UTC

On 2023-12-03 08:28, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
> On 03.12.23 05:11, Dudley Brooks wrote:
>> I want to back up the photos on my Galaxy phone to my MacBook Pro.
>
> Why the hell are you buying an Android phone? For the same price you
> would have gotten a superior iPhone which can be backed up wirelessly.

I would rather ask why buy an inferior MacBook Pro instead of a proper
computer.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)

<ukj2lm$32c3a$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47931&group=comp.mobile.android#47931

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 15:23:34 -0800
 by: Alan - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 23:23 UTC

On 2023-12-03 15:12, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> On 2023-12-03 08:28, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
>> On 03.12.23 05:11, Dudley Brooks wrote:
>>> I want to back up the photos on my Galaxy phone to my MacBook Pro.
>>
>> Why the hell are you buying an Android phone? For the same price you
>> would have gotten a superior iPhone which can be backed up wirelessly.
>
> I would rather ask why buy an inferior MacBook Pro instead of a proper
> computer.

Yup. Trying to make this about Apple is on brand for you.

Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)

<kt4n00FmoueU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47936&group=comp.mobile.android#47936

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 02:06:08 +0100
 by: Carlos E. R. - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 01:06 UTC

On 2023-12-04 00:23, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-12-03 15:12, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>>>
>>> Why the hell are you buying an Android phone? For the same price you
>>> would have gotten a superior iPhone which can be backed up wirelessly.
>>
>> I would rather ask why buy an inferior MacBook Pro instead of a proper
>> computer.
>>

> Yup. Trying to make this about Apple is on brand for you.

Not me! That was Jörg who did.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)

<ukk7he$3c5r0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47946&group=comp.mobile.android#47946

From: hugyb...@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 10:52:46 +0100
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 09:52 UTC

Am 04.12.23 um 00:12 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
> On 2023-12-03 08:28, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
>> On 03.12.23 05:11, Dudley Brooks wrote:
>>> I want to back up the photos on my Galaxy phone to my MacBook Pro.
>>
>> Why the hell are you buying an Android phone? For the same price you
>> would have gotten a superior iPhone which can be backed up wirelessly.
>
> I would rather ask why buy an inferior MacBook Pro instead of a proper
> computer.

In stark contrast to you I work with all available OSs. You have no clue
of anything beyond your little Android- and Windows-world. Would you use
Linux you would understand what macOS is.

*You act always like a little child*.

*LOL*

--
"Gutta cavat lapidem." (Ovid)

Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)

<kt60e9F86flU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47949&group=comp.mobile.android#47949

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 13:53:29 +0100
 by: Carlos E. R. - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 12:53 UTC

On 2023-12-04 10:52, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 04.12.23 um 00:12 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
>>>
>>> Why the hell are you buying an Android phone? For the same price you
>>> would have gotten a superior iPhone which can be backed up wirelessly.
>>
>> I would rather ask why buy an inferior MacBook Pro instead of a proper
>> computer.
>
> In stark contrast to you I work with all available OSs. You have no clue
> of anything beyond your little Android- and Windows-world. Would you use
> Linux you would understand what macOS is.

ROTFL! :-D

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)

<ukl10l.1jc.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47957&group=comp.mobile.android#47957

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: 4 Dec 2023 16:07:51 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 16:07 UTC

Carlos E. R. <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-12-04 10:52, Jörg Lorenz wrote:

> >> I would rather ask why buy an inferior MacBook Pro instead of a proper
> >> computer.
> >
> > In stark contrast to you I work with all available OSs. You have no clue
> > of anything beyond your little Android- and Windows-world. Would you use
> > Linux you would understand what macOS is.
>
> ROTFL! :-D

Yes, isn't it a bummer that Thunderbird does no longer mention your OS
in its User-Agent header, which made Jörg step right into it!? OTOH,
that assumes that he's actually looking at headers, not very likely.

> > *You act always like a little child*.
> >
> > *LOL*

Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)

<kt6lfqFdf9lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47968&group=comp.mobile.android#47968

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 19:52:42 +0100
 by: Carlos E. R. - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 18:52 UTC

On 2023-12-04 17:07, Frank Slootweg wrote:
> Carlos E. R. <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:

>>> In stark contrast to you I work with all available OSs. You have no clue
>>> of anything beyond your little Android- and Windows-world. Would you use
>>> Linux you would understand what macOS is.
>>
>> ROTFL! :-D
>
> Yes, isn't it a bummer that Thunderbird does no longer mention your OS
> in its User-Agent header, which made Jörg step right into it!? OTOH,
> that assumes that he's actually looking at headers, not very likely.

He might remember what I use, I have been here some years and I make no
secret about what I use ;-)

I think there must be a setting somewhere to customize the string. There
is one in advanced settings to send it or not.

Meanwhile, those that know me better will be having a bit of a laugh at
Jörg ;-)

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)

<ukl84f$3hkj4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47973&group=comp.mobile.android#47973

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read
my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 19:09:03 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:Y1SkCU6eP9h6o2FAsx58iQp5xeA=
 by: Chris - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 19:09 UTC

Dudley Brooks <dbrooks@runforyourlife.org> wrote:
> I want to back up the photos on my Galaxy phone to my MacBook Pro.
>
> First I tried Apple's recommendations: Photos app, Image Capture app,
> or Preview app.
>
> All three of them show that the Galaxy is connected to them. But none
> of them can see any of the data.
>
> I have the Android File Transfer app ... but it can't even see my phone
> at all, let alone see the data on it. In fact, it never worked on ANY
> of my Android phones
>
> I then tried Airdroid, which had worked just fine on my earlier Android
> phones.
>
> It also saw my Galaxy and said that it was connected ... but it couldn't
> see any data either.
>
> I then learned that I needed to turn on USB debugging on the Galaxy.
>
> I did so ... but even still, none of the above programs can see the data
> on the phone.
>
> What other setting am I possibly missing?

Where on your phone does the camera app save your photos? The typical place
most apps look is in a generic folder called DCIM which is the standard for
cameras.

If you put your photos elsewhere on the phone then that will cause the
problems you're seeing.

Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)

<uklcsq$v295$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47990&group=comp.mobile.android#47990

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 16:30:19 -0400
 by: Wally J - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 20:30 UTC

"Carlos E. R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote

> Meanwhile, those that know me better will be having a bit of a laugh at
> J�rg ;-)

My killfile is about five people even after decades of being on Usenet
where I only plonk those who have _never_ once shown added value in a post.

Snit, Alan Baker, Rod Speed, Dustin Cook is about it as I recall...

Jeorg Lorenz is also there, as he they always _subtract_ value when they
post (where just _responding_ to what Joerg writes reduces value itself).

Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)

<ukm4n0$3p318$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=48003&group=comp.mobile.android#48003

From: no...@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 21:16:48 -0600
 by: candycanearter07 - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 03:16 UTC

On 12/4/23 14:30, Wally J wrote:
> "Carlos E. R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote
>
>> Meanwhile, those that know me better will be having a bit of a laugh at
>> Jörg ;-)
>
> My killfile is about five people even after decades of being on Usenet
> where I only plonk those who have _never_ once shown added value in a post.
>
> Snit, Alan Baker, Rod Speed, Dustin Cook is about it as I recall...
>
> Jeorg Lorenz is also there, as he they always _subtract_ value when they
> post (where just _responding_ to what Joerg writes reduces value itself).

My killfile only filters GG because I find it kinda fun watching the
arguments.

Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)

<ukmefo$15alf$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=48007&group=comp.mobile.android#48007

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 02:03:37 -0400
 by: Wally J - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 06:03 UTC

candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote

>> Jeorg Lorenz is also there, as he they always _subtract_ value when they
>> post (where just _responding_ to what Joerg writes reduces value itself).
>
> My killfile only filters GG because I find it kinda fun watching the
> arguments.

I killfile only people whom I can't learn a single thing from.
However, I realize a lot of people find Usenet amusing, but I don't.

I use Usenet for three purposes alone...
1. To learn
2. To teach
3. And (on Apple newsgroups) to show the iKooks for what they really are
(as they're singularly unprepossessingly cruel heartless people)

That's it.
--
Amusement isn't in my list (even as that last item is a strong emotion).

Re: Nothing on my MacBook Pro (including Airdroid) can read my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)

<ukn914$5afd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=48011&group=comp.mobile.android#48011

From: no...@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Samsung Galaxy A54 phone. (Android v. 13, OS X 10.13)
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 07:36:36 -0600
 by: candycanearter07 - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 13:36 UTC

On 12/5/23 00:03, Wally J wrote:
> candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote
>
>>> Jeorg Lorenz is also there, as he they always _subtract_ value when they
>>> post (where just _responding_ to what Joerg writes reduces value itself).
>>
>> My killfile only filters GG because I find it kinda fun watching the
>> arguments.
>
> I killfile only people whom I can't learn a single thing from.
> However, I realize a lot of people find Usenet amusing, but I don't.
>
> I use Usenet for three purposes alone...
> 1. To learn
> 2. To teach
> 3. And (on Apple newsgroups) to show the iKooks for what they really are
> (as they're singularly unprepossessingly cruel heartless people)
>
> That's it.

And fair enough, you seem to be pretty good at it.