https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=480&group=alt.online-service.comcast#480

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 08:26:21 -0400
 by: Big Al - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 12:26 UTC

I want to get in on this deal. I've tried looking at all sorts of things.
Opening my peacock account tells me I have to manage my subscription via Xfinity.
Searching more tells me to goto settings on the set-top box and view subscribed apps. I forget the words to say into
the remote. But the TV box show in subscriptions I have no subscriptions.
The last months bill shows no billing for Peacock.
Tech support, the dumbest person I have talked to didn't know about this change to Peacock however after an hour she
finally said that Xfinity automatically subscribes people to the 2.99 deal.

I still don't think something is right though since I can't see any billing or subscription.

Anyone else going through this?
--
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 5.6.8
Al

<XnsB033D0003D388nilch1@wheedledeedle.moc>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=481&group=alt.online-service.comcast#481

From: rednoi...@rednoise9.invalid (Nil)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 20:26:50 -0400
 by: Nil - Sat, 1 Jul 2023 00:26 UTC

On 30 Jun 2023, Big Al <Bears@invalid.com> wrote in
alt.online-service.comcast:

> I want to get in on this deal. I've tried looking at all sorts of
> things. Opening my peacock account tells me I have to manage my
> subscription via Xfinity. Searching more tells me to goto settings
> on the set-top box and view subscribed apps. I forget the words
> to say into the remote. But the TV box show in subscriptions I
> have no subscriptions. The last months bill shows no billing for
> Peacock. Tech support, the dumbest person I have talked to didn't
> know about this change to Peacock however after an hour she
> finally said that Xfinity automatically subscribes people to the
> 2.99 deal.

I'm sure that is not true.
> I still don't think something is right though since I can't see
> any billing or subscription.
>
> Anyone else going through this?

I've enjoyed Peacock, but I'm not planning to subscribe (I've got
enough TV to watch.) I've received two emails from Xfinity about the
Peacock transition.

============

From June 7:

An update on Peacock Premium
Effective June 26, 2023, NBCUniversal will no longer include Peacock
Premium with your Xfinity service at no extra cost. To re-subscribe to
Peacock Premium starting June 26, say �Peacock� into your Voice Remote.
If you re-subscribe through Xfinity between June 26 and August 25,
2023, you�ll receive Peacock Premium at the discounted rate of $2.99/mo
for 12 months before being billed at the regular monthly rate. �
============

From June 27:

An update on Peacock Premium
Peacock Premium is no longer included with your Xfinity service. If
you�d like to re-subscribe, say �Peacock� into your Voice Remote or
visit the Peacock app on X1 or Flex.
If you re-subscribe through Xfinity before August 25, 2023, you�ll
receive Peacock Premium at the discounted rate of $2.99/mo for 12
months before being billed at the regular monthly rate. �

Learn more:

Re: $2.99 Peacock subscription on June 26

<u7o2rm$2qdl7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=482&group=alt.online-service.comcast#482

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 22:25:57 -0400
 by: Big Al - Sat, 1 Jul 2023 02:25 UTC

On 6/30/23 20:26, this is what Nil wrote:
> On 30 Jun 2023, Big Al <Bears@invalid.com> wrote in
> alt.online-service.comcast:
>
>> I want to get in on this deal. I've tried looking at all sorts of
>> things. Opening my peacock account tells me I have to manage my
>> subscription via Xfinity. Searching more tells me to goto settings
>> on the set-top box and view subscribed apps. I forget the words
>> to say into the remote. But the TV box show in subscriptions I
>> have no subscriptions. The last months bill shows no billing for
>> Peacock. Tech support, the dumbest person I have talked to didn't
>> know about this change to Peacock however after an hour she
>> finally said that Xfinity automatically subscribes people to the
>> 2.99 deal.
>
> I'm sure that is not true.
>
>> I still don't think something is right though since I can't see
>> any billing or subscription.
>>
>> Anyone else going through this?
>
> I've enjoyed Peacock, but I'm not planning to subscribe (I've got
> enough TV to watch.) I've received two emails from Xfinity about the
> Peacock transition.
>
> ============
>
> From June 7:
>
> An update on Peacock Premium
>
> Effective June 26, 2023, NBCUniversal will no longer include Peacock
> Premium with your Xfinity service at no extra cost. To re-subscribe to
> Peacock Premium starting June 26, say “Peacock” into your Voice Remote.
>
> If you re-subscribe through Xfinity between June 26 and August 25,
> 2023, you’ll receive Peacock Premium at the discounted rate of $2.99/mo
> for 12 months before being billed at the regular monthly rate.
>
> ============
>
> From June 27:
>
> An update on Peacock Premium
>
> Peacock Premium is no longer included with your Xfinity service. If
> you’d like to re-subscribe, say “Peacock” into your Voice Remote or
> visit the Peacock app on X1 or Flex.
>
> If you re-subscribe through Xfinity before August 25, 2023, you’ll
> receive Peacock Premium at the discounted rate of $2.99/mo for 12
> months before being billed at the regular monthly rate.
>
> Learn more:

Got the same ones, but saying peacock just brings peacock up. The tech led me to think that some menu should come up
and give you ways of changing your subscription to this 2.99 deal. No on my set, they even forced my Set top box to
reload. Thanks.
--
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 5.6.8
Al

<v020aitpjs093jep2l9cvmlsgn7t3sjb65@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=483&group=alt.online-service.comcast#483

From: gp...@rr.com
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2023 06:08:37 -0500
 by: gp...@rr.com - Sat, 1 Jul 2023 11:08 UTC

On Fri, 30 Jun 2023 20:26:50 -0400, Nil <rednoise9@rednoise9.invalid>
wrote:

>On 30 Jun 2023, Big Al <Bears@invalid.com> wrote in
>alt.online-service.comcast:
>
>> I want to get in on this deal. I've tried looking at all sorts of
>> things. Opening my peacock account tells me I have to manage my
>> subscription via Xfinity. Searching more tells me to goto settings
>> on the set-top box and view subscribed apps. I forget the words
>> to say into the remote. But the TV box show in subscriptions I
>> have no subscriptions. The last months bill shows no billing for
>> Peacock. Tech support, the dumbest person I have talked to didn't
>> know about this change to Peacock however after an hour she
>> finally said that Xfinity automatically subscribes people to the
>> 2.99 deal.
>
>I'm sure that is not true.
>
>> I still don't think something is right though since I can't see
>> any billing or subscription.
>>
>> Anyone else going through this?
>
>I've enjoyed Peacock, but I'm not planning to subscribe (I've got
>enough TV to watch.) I've received two emails from Xfinity about the
>Peacock transition.
>
>============
>
>From June 7:
>
>An update on Peacock Premium
>
>Effective June 26, 2023, NBCUniversal will no longer include Peacock
>Premium with your Xfinity service at no extra cost. To re-subscribe to
>Peacock Premium starting June 26, say “Peacock” into your Voice Remote.
>
>If you re-subscribe through Xfinity between June 26 and August 25,
>2023, you’ll receive Peacock Premium at the discounted rate of $2.99/mo
>for 12 months before being billed at the regular monthly rate.
>
>============
>
>From June 27:
>
>An update on Peacock Premium
>
>Peacock Premium is no longer included with your Xfinity service. If
>you’d like to re-subscribe, say “Peacock” into your Voice Remote or
>visit the Peacock app on X1 or Flex.
>
>If you re-subscribe through Xfinity before August 25, 2023, you’ll
>receive Peacock Premium at the discounted rate of $2.99/mo for 12
>months before being billed at the regular monthly rate.
>
>Learn more:

I got a notice that since I was a certain level Rewards Member with
Xfinity I could get Peacock Premium for free starting June 26. I had a
link to my Rewards page. I went there and was able to Peacock Premium
for free. Then I got an email later with a link to "Activate" my
Peacock Account. I only use Peacock on my Roku Ultra not through
Xfinity devices. I only use 2 Tivos with Xfinity. I do not own any of
Xfinity equipment. I have my own Modem, Routers and Tivos.

Re: $2.99 Peacock subscription on June 26

<u7p2l4$2tjmk$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=484&group=alt.online-service.comcast#484

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2023 07:28:36 -0400
 by: Big Al - Sat, 1 Jul 2023 11:28 UTC

On 7/1/23 07:08, this is what gp@rr.com wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jun 2023 20:26:50 -0400, Nil <rednoise9@rednoise9.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 30 Jun 2023, Big Al <Bears@invalid.com> wrote in
>> alt.online-service.comcast:
>>
>>> I want to get in on this deal. I've tried looking at all sorts of
>>> things. Opening my peacock account tells me I have to manage my
>>> subscription via Xfinity. Searching more tells me to goto settings
>>> on the set-top box and view subscribed apps. I forget the words
>>> to say into the remote. But the TV box show in subscriptions I
>>> have no subscriptions. The last months bill shows no billing for
>>> Peacock. Tech support, the dumbest person I have talked to didn't
>>> know about this change to Peacock however after an hour she
>>> finally said that Xfinity automatically subscribes people to the
>>> 2.99 deal.
>>
>> I'm sure that is not true.
>>
>>> I still don't think something is right though since I can't see
>>> any billing or subscription.
>>>
>>> Anyone else going through this?
>>
>> I've enjoyed Peacock, but I'm not planning to subscribe (I've got
>> enough TV to watch.) I've received two emails from Xfinity about the
>> Peacock transition.
>>
>> ============
>>
>>From June 7:
>>
>> An update on Peacock Premium
>>
>> Effective June 26, 2023, NBCUniversal will no longer include Peacock
>> Premium with your Xfinity service at no extra cost. To re-subscribe to
>> Peacock Premium starting June 26, say “Peacock” into your Voice Remote.
>>
>> If you re-subscribe through Xfinity between June 26 and August 25,
>> 2023, you’ll receive Peacock Premium at the discounted rate of $2.99/mo
>> for 12 months before being billed at the regular monthly rate.
>>
>> ============
>>
>>From June 27:
>>
>> An update on Peacock Premium
>>
>> Peacock Premium is no longer included with your Xfinity service. If
>> you’d like to re-subscribe, say “Peacock” into your Voice Remote or
>> visit the Peacock app on X1 or Flex.
>>
>> If you re-subscribe through Xfinity before August 25, 2023, you’ll
>> receive Peacock Premium at the discounted rate of $2.99/mo for 12
>> months before being billed at the regular monthly rate.
>>
>> Learn more:

> I got a notice that since I was a certain level Rewards Member with
> Xfinity I could get Peacock Premium for free starting June 26. I had a
> link to my Rewards page. I went there and was able to Peacock Premium
> for free. Then I got an email later with a link to "Activate" my
> Peacock Account. I only use Peacock on my Roku Ultra not through
> Xfinity devices. I only use 2 Tivos with Xfinity. I do not own any of
> Xfinity equipment. I have my own Modem, Routers and Tivos.
I read about the rewards but I'm only a gold member, 7yrs. Don't get that option, I did look at the rewards page tho.
--
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 5.6.8
Al