Subject: Handling HTML attachments with external images
From: cjsmall
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 23:39 UTC
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 16:39:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: jefferys...@gmail.com (cjsmall)
I have a script, called attach_view that handles the display of many types of attachments including HTML which is written to a temp file with slight modifications, and then viewed using Firefox.  This generally works well, but occasionally I receive an HTML attachment where the images are external and come through as a series of separate PNG and JPG attachments.  Why does this occur in the first place, and is there a good way to automatically integrate these back into the HTML file for viewing in the browser?

Thanks.