From: gp...@rr.com
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Subject: Xfinity Upload speed?
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2023 17:09:19 -0500
 by: gp...@rr.com - Sat, 22 Jul 2023 22:09 UTC

I read on Cordcutter that

XfinityComcast is Making Changes to Its Xfinity Internet Service &
Improving Upload Speeds

This was posted on July 20, 2023. I have rebooted my modem several
times and I still only get about 11 Mbps per speedtest for uploads. I
do own my own modem and router and do not have any of their X1
devices.

I live in Memphis. Just wondered if anyone in my area is getting the
faster upload speed?

https://cordcuttersnews.com/comcast-is-making-changes-to-its-xfinity-internet-service-improving-upload-speeds/

Re: Xfinity Upload speed?

<smj0b6x7mhkz$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=492&group=alt.online-service.comcast#492

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Subject: Re: Xfinity Upload speed?
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2023 18:15:44 -0500
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Sat, 22 Jul 2023 23:15 UTC

<gp@rr.com> wrote:

> I read on Cordcutter that
>
> XfinityComcast is Making Changes to Its Xfinity Internet Service &
> Improving Upload Speeds
>
> This was posted on July 20, 2023. I have rebooted my modem several
> times and I still only get about 11 Mbps per speedtest for uploads. I
> do own my own modem and router and do not have any of their X1
> devices.
>
> I live in Memphis. Just wondered if anyone in my area is getting the
> faster upload speed?
>
> https://cordcuttersnews.com/comcast-is-making-changes-to-its-xfinity-internet-service-improving-upload-speeds/

"Today Comcast contacted Xfinity internet customers in many areas to
inform them that they are making changes to their internet speeds."

Has Comcast contacted you yet?

"Here is the email that went out to affected Comcast Customers today"

Did you get the e-mail from Comcast?

You never mentioned which cable modem you have. Channel bonding is how
higher bandwidth is obtained. Does whatever you have provide enough
channels to bond together to up the speed?

https://us.hitrontech.com/learn/cable-modems-explained-channel-bonding/
https://www.speedguide.net/faq/what-is-docsis-3-channel-bonding-489

Twice I've had to upgrade to newer cable modems (leased from Comcast,
not bought on my own to hope they are compatible) to get more channels
to cover higher bandwidth offered by Comcast. Whatever you have must
have sufficient downstream and upstream channels to achieve the
bandwidth that Comcast gives you.

When Comcast provisions the cable modem you have, they decide how many
channels get bonded for the service tier they provide. So, besides
reading news articles reporting something about Comcast, and repeatedly
rebooting your cable modem hoping Comcast will provision it to higher
bandwidths, have you actually called Comcast tech support to find out if
they are offering higher upstream bandwidth to you at no addition cost?

Re: Xfinity Upload speed?

<ph1rbidgs3h5ejm27v6b5q51j00bil0f37@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=493&group=alt.online-service.comcast#493

From: gp...@rr.com
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 15:12:43 -0500
 by: gp...@rr.com - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 20:12 UTC

On Sat, 22 Jul 2023 18:15:44 -0500, VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:

><gp@rr.com> wrote:
>
>> I read on Cordcutter that
>>
>> XfinityComcast is Making Changes to Its Xfinity Internet Service &
>> Improving Upload Speeds
>>
>> This was posted on July 20, 2023. I have rebooted my modem several
>> times and I still only get about 11 Mbps per speedtest for uploads. I
>> do own my own modem and router and do not have any of their X1
>> devices.
>>
>> I live in Memphis. Just wondered if anyone in my area is getting the
>> faster upload speed?
>>
>> https://cordcuttersnews.com/comcast-is-making-changes-to-its-xfinity-internet-service-improving-upload-speeds/
>
>"Today Comcast contacted Xfinity internet customers in many areas to
>inform them that they are making changes to their internet speeds."
>
>Has Comcast contacted you yet?
>
>"Here is the email that went out to affected Comcast Customers today"
>
>Did you get the e-mail from Comcast?
>
>You never mentioned which cable modem you have. Channel bonding is how
>higher bandwidth is obtained. Does whatever you have provide enough
>channels to bond together to up the speed?
>
>https://us.hitrontech.com/learn/cable-modems-explained-channel-bonding/
>https://www.speedguide.net/faq/what-is-docsis-3-channel-bonding-489
>
>Twice I've had to upgrade to newer cable modems (leased from Comcast,
>not bought on my own to hope they are compatible) to get more channels
>to cover higher bandwidth offered by Comcast. Whatever you have must
>have sufficient downstream and upstream channels to achieve the
>bandwidth that Comcast gives you.
>
>When Comcast provisions the cable modem you have, they decide how many
>channels get bonded for the service tier they provide. So, besides
>reading news articles reporting something about Comcast, and repeatedly
>rebooting your cable modem hoping Comcast will provision it to higher
>bandwidths, have you actually called Comcast tech support to find out if
>they are offering higher upstream bandwidth to you at no addition cost?

I never own any Comcast equipment since I went with them back around
2010 or so. I figured I have saved thousands of dollars by now. I have
gone though several modems updates over that time.

I have a Netgear CM1000 which supports up to 1gb download speeds. I
currently get 476 Mbps download test speeds. I am on the 400 Mbps
plan.

I would just as soon cut off a finger as to call Comcast for tech
support. It takes forever to get through to a real person and most of
the time I know more about their system than the people on the phone.

I currently am in my modem Status screen and have 32 Channels bonded
Downstream. I can tell you the exact Power Level, SNR and all other
technical about my connection.

I current show Upstream bonded 4 channels Locked and 4 Not Locked.
I assume all they have to do is unlock the extra channels.

Most of my friends in other cities have dropped Comcast if anything
else is available. In most cases they are problem with the same upload
and download speeds by default. Many now have 1GB speeds and are
paying less than I am for my Comcast 400MB plan. In most areas of
Memphis there is no other option than Comcast. ATT is about the only
other options and in my neighbor they top out at 50 Mbps....