HEAD CRASH!! FILES LOST!! Details at 11.

devel / comp.emulators.apple2 / Re: Jace updates

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Jace updatesIvan Drucker
`- Re: Jace updatesBill Chatfield

1
Re: Jace updates

<63a5aca2-2da3-4870-9032-cf2fa5560731n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=488&group=comp.emulators.apple2#488

Newsgroups: comp.emulators.apple2
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 16:01:07 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Jace updates
From: iva...@ivanx.com (Ivan Drucker)
 by: Ivan Drucker - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 00:01 UTC

On Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 9:04:24 AM UTC-7, BLuRry wrote:
> After switching back to Windows, I found that some things in Jace were not working as well as they had in other platforms. I have updated Jace with the following:
>
> - ACME assembly now works on Windows: NestedVM was internally not handling windows paths correctly so this was breaking the JUnit build tests on Windows as well as trying to assemble from the IDE (ctrl+shift+i to invoke)
>
> - Applesoft programs now run without crashing when editing from the IDE. I wasn't clearing the variable state correctly and that was causing variables to overwrite the program (whoops!) Thanks to all who reported it. It's fixed now. You can now use JACE to enter very, very long applesoft lines if you want but remember you still have a 256 token/character limit (I think....)
>
> On my surface book, I'm not getting sound so that will be the next thing to be fixed it would seem. :)
>
> The latest 2.0-Stable build can be found here:
> https://github.com/badvision/jace/releases

I just went looking around for this, but on the GitHub project page, there are no releases, only a couple of tags which contain source code only. Any chance of putting it back up, or has JACE 2.0 been retired except for those intrepid enough to build it?

Re: Jace updates

<20231211125313.37424c6b@smilodon-gracilis>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=494&group=comp.emulators.apple2#494

From: bill_cha...@yahoo.com (Bill Chatfield)
Newsgroups: comp.emulators.apple2
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 12:53:13 -0500
 by: Bill Chatfield - Mon, 11 Dec 2023 17:53 UTC

On Sun, 26 Nov 2023 16:01:07 -0800 (PST)
Ivan Drucker <ivan@ivanx.com> wrote:

> I just went looking around for this, but on the GitHub project page,
> there are no releases, only a couple of tags which contain source
> code only. Any chance of putting it back up, or has JACE 2.0 been
> retired except for those intrepid enough to build it?

I have created a precompiled Jar file, for those users who are not Java
developers and don't want to figure out how to compile it. In general,
I don't understand what the point of source-only releases which just
force EVERY user to spend the time and frustration to figure out how to
compile it, when it can just be done once by the owner.

https://github.com/gungwald/jace/releases/tag/2023-12-11_12-42

You need JavaFx 1.8 installed. There are problems with the UI. But,
there it is.