From: andrzejp...@gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.os.coherent
Subject: Coherent in Wifi environment
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 10:01:06 +0000 (UTC)
 by: andrzejp...@gmail.com - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 10:01 UTC

Nowadays the most commonly used network environment is based on wifi.
Nevertheless there is simple solution for Coherent standalone computer with
Ethernet socket. The solution is called wifi bridge. Bridge has one or more
Ethernet ports and is capable to communicate via wifi.
For example in the past I could connect to Internet only via mobile wifi router supplied by my mobile phone provider. So I was forced to use bridge, in my case it was Linksys WET610N bridge. Now I have optic fibre (on air) modem connected to wifi 1 Gbit router. And I am still using this bridge. All my computers are connected to switch, which in itself is connected via wire with above bridge.
The bridge must be configured (wifi password etc) from any windows or linux browser, because lynx is not capable to connect to http server of the bridge.

HTH