"Silent gratitude isn't very much use to anyone." -- G. B. Stearn

devel / comp.databases.ms-access / Use of two screens

SubjectAuthor
* Use of two screensKeith Tizzard
`* Re: Use of two screensRon Weiner
 `- Re: Use of two screensKeith Tizzard

1
Use of two screens

<a94e4b84-80e1-466d-aa5b-92e7022f39een@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=505&group=comp.databases.ms-access#505

Newsgroups: comp.databases.ms-access
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 05:59:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Use of two screens
From: internet...@foobox.com (Keith Tizzard)
 by: Keith Tizzard - Mon, 16 Aug 2021 12:59 UTC

Many staff at one of my clients use two computer screens.

I have been asked if is possible for them to slide a Form from one screen to another so that they can see them effectively side by side.

I set up each front end (each user has their own copy) with Tabbed windows. I was wondering whether using Overlapping windows would help in this; I am not that is will.

I have been asked by the client whether it is possible to open two copies of the one front end. I can't see a way of doing this.

Does anyone have a solution to having two different Forms being displayed on two different screens?

Re: Use of two screens

<sfdp2f$d3d$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=506&group=comp.databases.ms-access#506

From: rw...@domain.com (Ron Weiner)
Newsgroups: comp.databases.ms-access
Subject: Re: Use of two screens
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 09:26:35 -0400
 by: Ron Weiner - Mon, 16 Aug 2021 13:26 UTC

Keith Tizzard wrote :
> Many staff at one of my clients use two computer screens.
>
> I have been asked if is possible for them to slide a Form from one screen to
> another so that they can see them effectively side by side.
>
> I set up each front end (each user has their own copy) with Tabbed windows.
> I was wondering whether using Overlapping windows would help in this; I am
> not that is will.
>
> I have been asked by the client whether it is possible to open two copies of
> the one front end. I can't see a way of doing this.
>
> Does anyone have a solution to having two different Forms being displayed on
> two different screens?

There is no constraint that I am aware of for opening multiple copies
of the same Access Front End at the same time on a single machine.

If the Access app is maximized across both screens there is no problem
having seperate forms on each screen. When a form is designed as a
normal Access form (not a PopUp form) it is constrained to the parent
Access app window. If you make the form a PopUp type, then it is free
to be moved outside of the Access app window, and can be placed
anywhere on the desktop.

I seem to remember that there was a way to have multiple copies of the
same form in an application, but I have forgotten the details. I also
think that there were some gotcha's with the technique. Google is your
friend here.

Rdub

Re: Use of two screens

<16cacbdd-3574-478a-a161-7c855cf1e163n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=507&group=comp.databases.ms-access#507

Newsgroups: comp.databases.ms-access
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 07:05:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: internet...@foobox.com (Keith Tizzard)
 by: Keith Tizzard - Mon, 16 Aug 2021 14:05 UTC

Thanks Ron. I have found out how to do it.

I should have Googled first before asking the question !!