From: retro...@novabbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Subject: Re: Deleting spam
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 13:28:00 -0700
 by: Retro Guy - Tue, 21 Mar 2023 20:28 UTC

On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 19:53:52 GMT
Eli <eliistheman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Most newsgroups contain quite a few spam messages.
> I know that there are tools that scan incoming messages for spam, but what if
> the spam messages are already on the local server? How can these be removed?
>
> I believe that single messages can be removed via 'ctlinnd cancel Message-Id',
> but is that the only way or are there better solutions to remove (a lot of)
> spam?

That should work fine. Another option might be NoCeM, but using it just for yourself
might be overkill.

Either way, what I do is save spam messages to a folder on my local machine, and
use a script to grep info necessary to delete with NoCeM. A script could also be
easily written to work with ctlinnd cancel:

Copy the spam messages to a folder, run your script and output a file of just
message-ids. Then you can use another script on the server to just loop through
and cancel each msgid one by one.

--
Retro Guy <retroguy@novabbs.com>