A programming language is low level when its programs require attention to the irrelevant.

computers / alt.os.linux.mageia / Re: Firefox problems after each kernel update

SubjectAuthor
* Firefox problems after each kernel updatechris
+- Re: Firefox problems after each kernel updateDavid W. Hodgins
+* Re: Firefox problems after each kernel updatefaeychild
|`* Re: Firefox problems after each kernel updatechris
| `- Re: Firefox problems after each kernel updatefaeychild
`* Re: Firefox problems after each kernel updateBobbie Sellers
 +* Re: Firefox problems after each kernel updateBit Twister
 |+* Re: Firefox problems after each kernel updateBobbie Sellers
 ||`* Re: Firefox problems after each kernel updateBit Twister
 || `- Re: Firefox problems after each kernel updateWilliam Unruh
 |`* Re: Firefox problems after each kernel updateTJ
 | `* Re: Firefox problems after each kernel updatefaeychild
 |  `- Re: Firefox problems after each kernel updateBit Twister
 `* Re: Firefox problems after each kernel updatechris
  +- Re: Firefox problems after each kernel updateBit Twister
  `- Re: Firefox problems after each kernel updateVincent Coen

1
Firefox problems after each kernel update

<jl9ff9Fj3ooU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5040&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5040

From: inva...@invalid.com (chris)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: Firefox problems after each kernel update
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2022 10:37:44 +0100
 by: chris - Sun, 7 Aug 2022 09:37 UTC

This has been a problem for some time. Running Mageia 8.

Every time I get a kernel update, Firefox functionality is lost: right
click doesn't work (I have to use the centre mouse button to open links
in a separate tab), menu buttons don't respond, nor does the three-line
settings button. These problems magically go away after using it for a
couple of days.

Chris

Re: Firefox problems after each kernel update

<op.1qjksjx1a3w0dxdave@hodgins.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5041&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5041

From: dwhodg...@nomail.afraid.org (David W. Hodgins)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: Re: Firefox problems after each kernel update
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2022 13:42:09 -0400
 by: David W. Hodgins - Sun, 7 Aug 2022 17:42 UTC

On Sun, 07 Aug 2022 05:37:44 -0400, chris <invalid@invalid.com> wrote:

> This has been a problem for some time. Running Mageia 8.
>
> Every time I get a kernel update, Firefox functionality is lost: right
> click doesn't work (I have to use the centre mouse button to open links
> in a separate tab), menu buttons don't respond, nor does the three-line
> settings button. These problems magically go away after using it for a
> couple of days.

My guess is a hardware problem with that mouse (poor connection, such as a
broken wire that's making intermittent contact). I'd try a different mouse,
preferably connected to a different port.

Regards, Dave Hodgins

Re: Firefox problems after each kernel update

<tcpefb$nd68$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5043&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5043

From: faeych...@nomail.afraid.org (faeychild)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 08:31:07 +1000
 by: faeychild - Sun, 7 Aug 2022 22:31 UTC

On 7/8/22 19:37, chris wrote:
> This has been a problem for some time. Running Mageia 8.
>
> Every time I get a kernel update, Firefox functionality is lost: right
> click doesn't work (I have to use the centre mouse button to open links
> in a separate tab), menu buttons don't respond, nor does the three-line
> settings button. These problems magically go away after using it for a
> couple of days.
>
> Chris

What happens when you boot with the previous kernel

--
faeychild
Running plasmashell 5.20.4 on 5.15.58-desktop-2.mga8 kernel.

Re: Firefox problems after each kernel update

<jlc0noFt8pU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5047&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5047

From: inva...@invalid.com (chris)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 09:44:40 +0100
 by: chris - Mon, 8 Aug 2022 08:44 UTC

On 07/08/2022 23:31, faeychild wrote:
> On 7/8/22 19:37, chris wrote:
>> This has been a problem for some time. Running Mageia 8.
>>
>> Every time I get a kernel update, Firefox functionality is lost: right
>> click doesn't work (I have to use the centre mouse button to open
>> links in a separate tab), menu buttons don't respond, nor does the
>> three-line settings button. These problems magically go away after
>> using it for a couple of days.
>>
>> Chris
>

> What happens when you boot with the previous kernel

I could try that, but this has happened for many months over a number of
kernels. And as I said, the problem resolves itself each time after a
few days running the new kernel.

Re: Firefox problems after each kernel update

<tcs3e8$120kr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5048&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5048

From: faeych...@nomail.afraid.org (faeychild)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 08:41:09 +1000
 by: faeychild - Mon, 8 Aug 2022 22:41 UTC

On 8/8/22 18:44, chris wrote:

>> What happens when you boot with the previous kernel
>>
> I could try that, but this has happened for many months over a number of
> kernels. And as I said, the problem resolves itself each time after a
> few days running the new kernel.

You'll have to catch on the fail again.
I hate self repairing software. It makes you doubt your sanity.

I am convinced that I've had it happen to, but you can't prove it

curmudgeonly grumbling follows.

Regards
--
faeychild
Running plasmashell 5.20.4 on 5.15.58-desktop-2.mga8 kernel.
Mageia release 8 (Official) for x86_64 installed via Mageia-8-x86_64-DVD.iso

Re: Firefox problems after each kernel update

<tcsanj$13ldq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5049&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5049

From: bli...@mouse-potato.com (Bobbie Sellers)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 17:45:39 -0700
 by: Bobbie Sellers - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 00:45 UTC

On 8/7/22 02:37, chris wrote:
> This has been a problem for some time. Running Mageia 8.
>
> Every time I get a kernel update, Firefox functionality is lost: right
> click doesn't work (I have to use the centre mouse button to open links
> in a separate tab), menu buttons don't respond, nor does the three-line
> settings button. These problems magically go away after using it for a
> couple of days.
>
> Chris

Well are you updating Firefox on a regular basis? I have Kernel
5.18.16 and Firefox 103.0.1 and do not notice that sort of problem.

bliss - brought to you by the power and ease of PCLinuxOS
the Perfect Computer Linus Operating System(for me),
and a minor case of hypergraphia.

--
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com

Re: Firefox problems after each kernel update

<slrntf3lvs.l02i.BitTwister@wb.home.test>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5050&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5050

From: BitTwis...@mouse-potato.com (Bit Twister)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 22:43:56 -0500
 by: Bit Twister - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 03:43 UTC

On Mon, 8 Aug 2022 17:45:39 -0700, Bobbie Sellers wrote:
> On 8/7/22 02:37, chris wrote:
>> This has been a problem for some time. Running Mageia 8.
>>
>> Every time I get a kernel update, Firefox functionality is lost: right
>> click doesn't work (I have to use the centre mouse button to open links
>> in a separate tab), menu buttons don't respond, nor does the three-line
>> settings button. These problems magically go away after using it for a
>> couple of days.
>>
>> Chris
>
> Well are you updating Firefox on a regular basis? I have Kernel
> 5.18.16 and Firefox 103.0.1 and do not notice that sort of problem.

I am impressed with your kernel release. Prinstion came up a day or so
ago and I thought I had to install the latest kernel.
$ uname -r
5.15.58-desktop-2.mga8

I have firefox-103.0.1.tar.bz2 installed/running and have not seen the
problem.

Sounds like a junk test account should be created to verify if the problem
is a user or system level problem.

Re: Firefox problems after each kernel update

<tcsnmf$19261$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5051&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5051

From: bli...@mouse-potato.com (Bobbie Sellers)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 21:26:55 -0700
 by: Bobbie Sellers - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 04:26 UTC

On 8/8/22 20:43, Bit Twister wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Aug 2022 17:45:39 -0700, Bobbie Sellers wrote:
>> On 8/7/22 02:37, chris wrote:
>>> This has been a problem for some time. Running Mageia 8.
>>>
>>> Every time I get a kernel update, Firefox functionality is lost: right
>>> click doesn't work (I have to use the centre mouse button to open links
>>> in a separate tab), menu buttons don't respond, nor does the three-line
>>> settings button. These problems magically go away after using it for a
>>> couple of days.
>>>
>>> Chris
>>
>> Well are you updating Firefox on a regular basis? I have Kernel
>> 5.18.16 and Firefox 103.0.1 and do not notice that sort of problem.
>
> I am impressed with your kernel release. Prinstion came up a day or so
> ago and I thought I had to install the latest kernel.
> $ uname -r
> 5.15.58-desktop-2.mga8

I just try whatever Bill Reynold packages and he is good at his work.
I am a simple minded user.

> I have firefox-103.0.1.tar.bz2 installed/running and have not seen the
> problem.

So you roll your own Firefox? You should not have any problems keeping
it running on an even keel.

> Sounds like a junk test account should be created to verify if the problem
> is a user or system level problem.

A good idea for everyone along with frequent backups.

bliss - ancient of days..

--
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com

Re: Firefox problems after each kernel update

<slrntf4juk.tbqh.BitTwister@wb.home.test>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5052&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5052

From: BitTwis...@mouse-potato.com (Bit Twister)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 07:15:09 -0500
 by: Bit Twister - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 12:15 UTC

On Mon, 8 Aug 2022 21:26:55 -0700, Bobbie Sellers wrote:
> On 8/8/22 20:43, Bit Twister wrote:

>>> Well are you updating Firefox on a regular basis? I have Kernel
>>> 5.18.16 and Firefox 103.0.1 and do not notice that sort of problem.
>>
>> I am impressed with your kernel release. Prinstion came up a day or so
>> ago and I thought I had to install the latest kernel.
>> $ uname -r
>> 5.15.58-desktop-2.mga8
>
> I just try whatever Bill Reynold packages and he is good at his work.
> I am a simple minded user.
>>
>> I have firefox-103.0.1.tar.bz2 installed/running and have not seen the
>> problem.
>
> So you roll your own Firefox? You should not have any problems keeping
> it running on an even keel.

Not rolling my own, Just downloading/installing latest release from the vendor site.
Same for Thunderbird into /local/opt so I do not overwrite Distribution install;
and put a link to it in /usr/local/bin.

$ type -a firefox
firefox is /usr/local/bin/firefox
firefox is /usr/bin/firefox
firefox is /bin/firefox

$ ls -l /usr/local/bin/firefox
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 34 Aug 2 19:28 /usr/local/bin/firefox -> /local/opt/firefox-103.0.1/firefox

$ type -a thunderbird
thunderbird is /usr/local/bin/thunderbird
thunderbird is /usr/bin/thunderbird
thunderbird is /bin/thunderbird

$ ll -l /usr/local/bin/thunderbird
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 42 Aug 2 19:24 /usr/local/bin/thunderbird -> /local/opt/thunderbird-102.1.0/thunderbird

$PATH has /usr/local/bin before /bin to automagically run any /usr/local/bin
installs.

$ echo $PATH
/home/bittwister/local/work:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin\
:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/lib64/qt5/bin:/usr/lib64/qt4/bin:/local/bin\
:/usr/local/games:/usr/games:/home/bittwister/local/bin

firefox and thunderbird are from:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/?scene=2#download-fx
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

>> Sounds like a junk test account should be created to verify if the problem
>> is a user or system level problem.
>
> A good idea for everyone along with frequent backups.
>
> bliss - ancient of days..

Re: Firefox problems after each kernel update

<tctm8l$1d6i7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5053&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5053

From: TJ...@noneofyour.business (TJ)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 09:08:36 -0400
 by: TJ - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 13:08 UTC

On 8/8/22 23:43, Bit Twister wrote:
> I am impressed with your kernel release. Prinstion came up a day or so
> ago and I thought I had to install the latest kernel.
> $ uname -r
> 5.15.58-desktop-2.mga8

There are some 5.18.x kernels in the backports repos if you think you
need them. As I misunderstand it, the main difference is in the area of
new hardware support.

TMB, our kernel maintainer, is pretty good at keeping up with added
security updates in the 5.15.series. I'm sure that he would advance
Mageia 8 in general to the 5.18 series if he thought there was a
pressing need for it. He already did that when he switched us from the
5.10 series to the 5.15 series.

TJ

Re: Firefox problems after each kernel update

<tctv3o$1e41h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5054&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5054

From: unr...@invalid.ca (William Unruh)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 15:39:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: William Unruh - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 15:39 UTC

On 2022-08-09, Bit Twister <BitTwister@mouse-potato.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Aug 2022 21:26:55 -0700, Bobbie Sellers wrote:

>>> I am impressed with your kernel release. Prinstion came up a day or so
>>> ago and I thought I had to install the latest kernel.
>>> $ uname -r
>>> 5.15.58-desktop-2.mga8
>>
>> I just try whatever Bill Reynold packages and he is good at his work.
>> I am a simple minded user.
>>>
>>> I have firefox-103.0.1.tar.bz2 installed/running and have not seen the
>>> problem.
>>
>> So you roll your own Firefox? You should not have any problems keeping
>> it running on an even keel.
>
> Not rolling my own, Just downloading/installing latest release from the vendor site.
> Same for Thunderbird into /local/opt so I do not overwrite Distribution install;
> and put a link to it in /usr/local/bin.

That is what he meant-- rather than usind the Mageia, or other
distribution's packaged version.

Re: Firefox problems after each kernel update

<tcum47$1ghjb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5055&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5055

From: faeych...@nomail.afraid.org (faeychild)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 08:12:20 +1000
 by: faeychild - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 22:12 UTC

On 9/8/22 23:08, TJ wrote:
> On 8/8/22 23:43, Bit Twister wrote:
>> I am impressed with your kernel release. Prinstion came up a day or so
>> ago and I thought I had to install the latest kernel.
>>       $ uname -r
>>      5.15.58-desktop-2.mga8
>>
> There are some 5.18.x kernels in the backports repos if you think you
> need them. As I misunderstand it, the main difference is in the area of
> new hardware support.
>
> TMB, our kernel maintainer, is pretty good at keeping up with added
> security updates in the 5.15.series. I'm sure that he would advance
> Mageia 8 in general to the 5.18 series if he thought there was a
> pressing need for it. He already did that when he switched us from the
> 5.10 series to the 5.15 series.
>
> TJ

so is mine

~]$ uname -r
5.15.58-desktop-2.mga8

And I have the release Firefox 91.12

What extra do you get with the latest and greatest
I found that living on the bleeding edge was a way to invite problems

regards

--
faeychild
Running plasmashell 5.20.4 on 5.15.58-desktop-2.mga8 kernel.
Mageia release 8 (Official) for x86_64 installed via Mageia-8-x86_64-DVD.iso

Re: Firefox problems after each kernel update

<slrntf65gd.v1hn.BitTwister@wb.home.test>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5056&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5056

From: BitTwis...@mouse-potato.com (Bit Twister)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 21:20:59 -0500
 by: Bit Twister - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 02:20 UTC

On Wed, 10 Aug 2022 08:12:20 +1000, faeychild wrote:
> On 9/8/22 23:08, TJ wrote:
>> On 8/8/22 23:43, Bit Twister wrote:
>>> I am impressed with your kernel release. Prinstion came up a day or so
>>> ago and I thought I had to install the latest kernel.
>>>       $ uname -r
>>>      5.15.58-desktop-2.mga8
>>>
>> There are some 5.18.x kernels in the backports repos if you think you
>> need them. As I misunderstand it, the main difference is in the area of
>> new hardware support.
>>
>> TMB, our kernel maintainer, is pretty good at keeping up with added
>> security updates in the 5.15.series. I'm sure that he would advance
>> Mageia 8 in general to the 5.18 series if he thought there was a
>> pressing need for it. He already did that when he switched us from the
>> 5.10 series to the 5.15 series.
>>
>> TJ
>
> so is mine
>
> ~]$ uname -r
> 5.15.58-desktop-2.mga8
>

> And I have the release Firefox 91.12
>
> What extra do you get with the latest and greatest

I feel a bit safer because I get any security updates faster that way.
No waiting for Mageia QA to release it to the mirrors.

I believe the criminals look at security updates and start hunting un-patched
systems to crack.

> I found that living on the bleeding edge was a way to invite problems

I hear that, but my install does not wipe out the Mageia install so I do
have a fallback if new install is broken.

Also quite easy enough to re-install previous release if brand new install
is broke. I wrote my install script to read/install the last package in the
download directory so just deleting it and re-run the script is pretty easy.

Re: Firefox problems after each kernel update

<jlh6khFq904U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5057&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5057

From: inva...@invalid.com (chris)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 08:56:01 +0100
 by: chris - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 07:56 UTC

On 09/08/2022 01:45, Bobbie Sellers wrote:
> On 8/7/22 02:37, chris wrote:
>> This has been a problem for some time. Running Mageia 8.
>>
>> Every time I get a kernel update, Firefox functionality is lost: right
>> click doesn't work (I have to use the centre mouse button to open
>> links in a separate tab), menu buttons don't respond, nor does the
>> three-line settings button. These problems magically go away after
>> using it for a couple of days.
>>
>> Chris
>
>     Well are you updating Firefox on a regular basis?  I have Kernel
> 5.18.16 and Firefox 103.0.1 and do not notice that sort of problem.
>
>  bliss - brought to you by the power and ease of PCLinuxOS
>     the Perfect Computer Linus Operating System(for me),
>              and a minor case of hypergraphia.

I let MCC update Firefox. Currently running 91.12.0.1.mga8.

I'll look into getting a non-Mageia source.

Re: Firefox problems after each kernel update

<slrntf70sm.17e34.BitTwister@wb.home.test>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5058&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5058

From: BitTwis...@mouse-potato.com (Bit Twister)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 05:08:20 -0500
 by: Bit Twister - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 10:08 UTC

On Wed, 10 Aug 2022 08:56:01 +0100, chris wrote:
> On 09/08/2022 01:45, Bobbie Sellers wrote:
>> On 8/7/22 02:37, chris wrote:
>>> This has been a problem for some time. Running Mageia 8.
>>>
>>> Every time I get a kernel update, Firefox functionality is lost: right
>>> click doesn't work (I have to use the centre mouse button to open
>>> links in a separate tab), menu buttons don't respond, nor does the
>>> three-line settings button. These problems magically go away after
>>> using it for a couple of days.
>>>
>>> Chris
>>
>>     Well are you updating Firefox on a regular basis?  I have Kernel
>> 5.18.16 and Firefox 103.0.1 and do not notice that sort of problem.
>>
>>  bliss - brought to you by the power and ease of PCLinuxOS
>>     the Perfect Computer Linus Operating System(for me),
>>              and a minor case of hypergraphia.
>>
> I let MCC update Firefox. Currently running 91.12.0.1.mga8.
>
> I'll look into getting a non-Mageia source.

Not source but a compressed tar archive.
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/?scene=2#download-fx

I can recommend creating an install_script because of the monthly or more
releases and all the work needing to be done. I use xmessage to pop up
failure messages xmsg is a wrapper for actually running xmessage to create
a red background with white letters pop up.
Example snippets follows.

function get_suffix()
{
#*****************************************************
#* check/set _suffix and which tar arguments to use
#*****************************************************

_fn=${_pkg_fn##*/}
set -- $(IFS='.'; echo $_fn)
shift $(( $# - 1 ))
_suffix=.${1}

case $_suffix in
'.bz2')
_tar_arg='xvf'
_suffix=.tar.bz2
;;
'.gz')
_tar_arg='xvfz'
_suffix=.tar.gz
;;
*)
_xmsg_title=ins_$_bin
echo "
Unknown package suffix $_suffix
" > $_xmsg_fn
xmsg FATAL
exit 1
;;
esac
esac

} #* end function get_suffix

function install_links ()
{

<big snip>

else
cd $_install_dir
tar $_tar_arg $_pkg_fn
if [ $? -ne 0 ] ; then
_xmsg_title=install_${_bin}_fail
echo "
$_install_dir/${_bin_rev}
failed extract/install, install aborted
" > $_xmsg_fn
xmsg FATAL
exit $?
fi

chown -R root:root firefox*
mv $_bin ${_bin_rev}

cd /usr/local/bin
rm --force $_bin
ln -s /local/opt/${_bin_rev}/${_bin} /usr/local/bin/

fi # end if [ -d $_install_dir/${_bin_rev} ]

Re: Firefox problems after each kernel update

<1660141374@f1.n250.z2.fidonet.ftn>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5059&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5059

From: VBC...@gmail.com (Vincent Coen)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 15:22:54 +0100
Sender: "Vincent Coen" <VBCoen@gmail.com>
 by: Vincent Coen - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 14:22 UTC

<jlh6khFq904U1@mid.individual.net>
Hello chris!

Wednesday August 10 2022 08:56, chris wrote to All:

> On 09/08/2022 01:45, Bobbie Sellers wrote:
>> On 8/7/22 02:37, chris wrote:
>>> This has been a problem for some time. Running Mageia 8.
>>>
>>> Every time I get a kernel update, Firefox functionality is lost:
>>> right click doesn't work (I have to use the centre mouse button to
>>> open links in a separate tab), menu buttons don't respond, nor does
>>> the three-line settings button. These problems magically go away
>>> after using it for a couple of days.
>>>
>>> Chris
>>
>>     Well are you updating Firefox on a regular basis?  I have
>> Kernel 5.18.16 and Firefox 103.0.1 and do not notice that sort of
>> problem.
>>
>>  bliss - brought to you by the power and ease of PCLinuxOS
>>     the Perfect Computer Linus Operating System(for me),
>>              and a minor case of hypergraphia.
>>
> I let MCC update Firefox. Currently running 91.12.0.1.mga8.

> I'll look into getting a non-Mageia source.

That is what I use that over writes the linked path to the MGA one and is
currently (today) : 103.0.1(64-bit).

May have to do the same with Thunderbird but that is tricky to build as
requires a lot of libraries that are not available with MGA.

Also wanted Mysql but MGA has a lot of packages that are hard wired to
using mariadb so a very major pain and i case you was wondering YES they
are NOT the same.

Vincent