The steady state of disks is full. -- Ken Thompson

computers / comp.sys.mac.misc / Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan

SubjectAuthor
* Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, HongJim_Higgins
`* Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China,Joerg Lorenz
 +- Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China,Jim_Higgins
 `* Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong Kong, TaiJohn
  +* Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China,Joerg Lorenz
  |`- Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong Kong, TaiJohn
  `* Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China,Joerg Lorenz
   `* Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong Kong, TaiJohn
    `* Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong Kong, Tainospam
     `* Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China,Jim Higgins
      `* Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong Kong, Tainospam
       `- Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China,Jim_Higgins

1
Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan

<sfmipb$abi$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=496&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#496

From: gordian...@hotmail.com (Jim_Higgins)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Subject: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong
Kong, Taiwan
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 17:34:34 -0400
 by: Jim_Higgins - Thu, 19 Aug 2021 21:34 UTC

https://tinyurl.com/cpt5w2dc

--
Psalm 12-8 NIV 1984
The wicked freely strut about when what is vile is honored among men.

Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan

<sfnnoq$t0n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=499&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#499

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Subject: Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China,
Hong Kong, Taiwan
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 10:05:46 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Fri, 20 Aug 2021 08:05 UTC

Am 19.08.21 um 23:34 schrieb Jim_Higgins:
> Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong Kong,
> Taiwan
> https://tinyurl.com/cpt5w2dc

Nobody with a brain will click on a shortened URL.
And you bigot stop posting such brainless stuff.

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan

<sfo9os$hgd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=500&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#500

From: gordian...@hotmail.com (Jim_Higgins)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Hong Kong, Taiwan
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 09:13:00 -0400
 by: Jim_Higgins - Fri, 20 Aug 2021 13:13 UTC

On 8/20/21 4:05 AM, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 19.08.21 um 23:34 schrieb Jim_Higgins:
>> Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong Kong,
>> Taiwan
>> https://tinyurl.com/cpt5w2dc
>
> Nobody with a brain will click on a shortened URL.
> And you bigot stop posting such brainless stuff.

And you must be an Apple CRT Bigot

--
Psalm 12-8 NIV 1984
The wicked freely strut about when what is vile is honored among men.

Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan

<4t84ighh7b2kha40iuhlpvfqi0l14va67v@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=506&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#506

From: Man...@the.keyboard (John)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Subject: Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 11:15:12 +0100
 by: John - Sun, 22 Aug 2021 10:15 UTC

On Fri, 20 Aug 2021 10:05:46 +0200, Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch>
wrote:

>Am 19.08.21 um 23:34 schrieb Jim_Higgins:
>> Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong Kong,
>> Taiwan
>> https://tinyurl.com/cpt5w2dc
>
>Nobody with a brain will click on a shortened URL.

That's not entirely true, *I* did it and I do have one - and it
functions well enough - to save you all the risk. I trust myself to be
able to fix most drive-by maliciousnesses and Jimmy-baby isn't smart
enough to find one that would defeat me.

Here's the expanded linkie:

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/08/19/report-apple-censors-anti-communist-engravings-on-products-in-china-hong-kong-taiwan/

Note: if you look at the name of the source website cited you may
wish not to go there.

It's not the world's most unbiased reporting organisation. Indeed, it
is so not valued among genuine GoodGuy reporters that I am surprised
that anyone would cite it as a primary source for anything. You may as
well cite Microsoft's Encarta or the Vatican.

>And you bigot stop posting such brainless stuff.

There is almost as much chance of this as there is of Donny Dumptruck
generously buying my sister a house for no reward, of a priest
admitting his religion has been a scam for two millennia, of Archaic
Poo of sci.math going to school to learn remedial mathematics or of a
politician refusing "campaign contributions".

Haters gotta hate and zealots gotta zeal. You may as well try to
argue a Jehovah's Witless out of going next door to annoy your
neighbours after interrupting you as ask an Internet wassoch out of
winging.

The best that we can do is to killfile and to ignore them. Without

Eventually.

J.

Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan

<sfta05$oa8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=507&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#507

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Hong Kong, Taiwan
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 12:47:31 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sun, 22 Aug 2021 10:47 UTC

Am 22.08.21 um 12:15 schrieb John:
> I trust myself to be
> able to fix most drive-by maliciousnesses and Jimmy-baby isn't smart
> enough to find one that would defeat me.

A lot of user without brain think exactely the same. Evidence is telling
us something very different. Especially about Windows-users like you:

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan

<sfta2d$oa8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=508&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#508

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Hong Kong, Taiwan
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 12:48:44 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sun, 22 Aug 2021 10:48 UTC

Am 22.08.21 um 12:15 schrieb John:
> https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/08/19/report-apple-censors-anti-communist-engravings-on-products-in-china-hong-kong-taiwan/
>
> Note: if you look at the name of the source website cited you may
> wish not to go there.
>
> It's not the world's most unbiased reporting organisation.

It is Nazi-Propaganda of the worst kind.

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan

<58v4ig588e4neha11f73m22n2ji7qeo2s4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=509&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#509

From: Man...@the.keyboard (John)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 17:41:21 +0100
 by: John - Sun, 22 Aug 2021 16:41 UTC

On Sun, 22 Aug 2021 12:47:31 +0200, Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch>
wrote:

>Am 22.08.21 um 12:15 schrieb John:
>> I trust myself to be
>> able to fix most drive-by maliciousnesses and Jimmy-baby isn't smart
>> enough to find one that would defeat me.
>
>A lot of user without brain think exactely the same. Evidence is telling
>us something very different. Especially about Windows-users like you:

Okay, warning taken in good part but I'm still an arrogant, obnoxious
little git so sometimes -rarely - I'll risk some things.

Not often.

But thanks for the nice warning.

Yerp, that's me. I never claimed anything different, did I?

I know there are other readers but I like Agent. Are you telling me
it's an attack surface? If so, thank you.

J.

Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan

<rhv4igh1ls8h55rb5ndn41eq9onjcdso8s@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=510&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#510

From: Man...@the.keyboard (John)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 17:44:10 +0100
 by: John - Sun, 22 Aug 2021 16:44 UTC

On Sun, 22 Aug 2021 12:48:44 +0200, Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch>
wrote:

>Am 22.08.21 um 12:15 schrieb John:
>> https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/08/19/report-apple-censors-anti-communist-engravings-on-products-in-china-hong-kong-taiwan/
>>
>> Note: if you look at the name of the source website cited you may
>> wish not to go there.
>>
>> It's not the world's most unbiased reporting organisation.
>
>It is Nazi-Propaganda of the worst kind.

"Worst"? I highly doubt this. I've seen much, much worse than that
gentle little thing. Still, that may well be one reason little Jimmy
hides his source URLs, because if he didn't not even I would risk
going near them.

Note, I didn't *read* the cited page, just expanded the URL for
others to judge the quality of the source.

I'm not entirely stupid. :)

J.

Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan

<220820211305010817%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=511&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#511

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 13:05:01 -0400
 by: nospam - Sun, 22 Aug 2021 17:05 UTC

In article <rhv4igh1ls8h55rb5ndn41eq9onjcdso8s@4ax.com>, John
<Man@the.keyboard> wrote:

> >> https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/08/19/report-apple-censors-anti-communi
> >> st-engravings-on-products-in-china-hong-kong-taiwan/
> >>
> >> Note: if you look at the name of the source website cited you may
> >> wish not to go there.
> >>
> >> It's not the world's most unbiased reporting organisation.
> >
> >It is Nazi-Propaganda of the worst kind.
>
> "Worst"? I highly doubt this. I've seen much, much worse than that
> gentle little thing. Still, that may well be one reason little Jimmy
> hides his source URLs, because if he didn't not even I would risk
> going near them.

definitely not the worst.

> Note, I didn't *read* the cited page, just expanded the URL for
> others to judge the quality of the source.

breitbart is good for a laugh.

as usual, they get it wrong. apple isn't censoring anything.

china is censoring what can be engraved by chinese customers in china,
which also applies to any company doing business there.

Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan

<sg42hl$1fdp$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=512&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#512

From: gordian...@hotmail.com (Jim Higgins)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Hong Kong, Taiwan
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 20:23:17 -0400
 by: Jim Higgins - Wed, 25 Aug 2021 00:23 UTC

On 8/22/21 1:05 PM, nospam wrote:

>>> It is Nazi-Propaganda of the worst kind.
>>
>> "Worst"? I highly doubt this. I've seen much, much worse than that
>> gentle little thing. Still, that may well be one reason little Jimmy
>> hides his source URLs, because if he didn't not even I would risk
>> going near them.
>
> definitely not the worst.
>>
>> Note, I didn't *read* the cited page, just expanded the URL for
>> others to judge the quality of the source.
>
> breitbart is good for a laugh.
>
> as usual, they get it wrong. apple isn't censoring anything.
>
> china is censoring what can be engraved by chinese customers in china,
> which also applies to any company doing business there.

....and beyond

--
The choices we make reveal the true nature of our character
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A7ZO7XQSr4

Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan

<240820212058329594%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=513&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#513

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 20:58:32 -0400
 by: nospam - Wed, 25 Aug 2021 00:58 UTC

In article <sg42hl$1fdp$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Jim Higgins
<gordian240@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > china is censoring what can be engraved by chinese customers in china,
> > which also applies to any company doing business there.
> >
> ...and beyond

nope. only within china.

Re: Apple Censors Anti-Communist Engravings on Products in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan

<sg564q$e65$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=514&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#514

From: gordian...@hotmail.com (Jim_Higgins)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Hong Kong, Taiwan
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 06:30:50 -0400
 by: Jim_Higgins - Wed, 25 Aug 2021 10:30 UTC

On 8/24/21 8:58 PM, nospam wrote:
> In article <sg42hl$1fdp$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Jim Higgins
> <gordian240@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> china is censoring what can be engraved by chinese customers in china,
>>> which also applies to any company doing business there.
>>>
>> ...and beyond
>
> nope. only within china.

You should work for the State Dept., Taiwan is a democratic country.