Newsgroups: comp.databases.ms-access
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 09:03:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Thoughts and Opinions Requested
From: lho...@gmail.com (musicloverlch)
 by: musicloverlch - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 16:03 UTC

Hi all,
I've been given some very complex Word documents with lots of graphics and text from the marketing department that they want to combine with a very involved fee page that is generated by Microsoft Access as one PDF. Which do you think seems to be the better option:

1. Recreate the Word document in Access. Pros: It will come out as one PDF. Cons: It's a really involved Word doc and graphics don't look that great on Access reports.

2. Use Access to control Word and import the data into the Word document and then use Word to export as PDF. Pros: looks better Cons: I don't know how to do it and I don't even know if I can control Word that way.

Thanks for your opinions.

Re: Thoughts and Opinions Requested

<sg0shr$h57$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=520&group=comp.databases.ms-access#520

From: rw...@domain.com (Ron Weiner)
Newsgroups: comp.databases.ms-access
Subject: Re: Thoughts and Opinions Requested
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 15:22:32 -0400
 by: Ron Weiner - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 19:22 UTC

musicloverlch laid this down on his screen :
> Hi all,
> I've been given some very complex Word documents with lots of graphics and
> text from the marketing department that they want to combine with a very
> involved fee page that is generated by Microsoft Access as one PDF. Which do
> you think seems to be the better option:
>
> 1. Recreate the Word document in Access. Pros: It will come out as one PDF.
> Cons: It's a really involved Word doc and graphics don't look that great on
> Access reports.
>
> 2. Use Access to control Word and import the data into the Word document and
> then use Word to export as PDF. Pros: looks better Cons: I don't know how to
> do it and I don't even know if I can control Word that way.
>
> Thanks for your opinions.

Or

3. Use Word to Import the Data from Access. Word like Excel and
Access has a full programmable VBA Layer sitting behind it. I also
have ZERO experience writing code behind a Word document, but I have to
admit it sounds like it might be an interesting endeavor. If it were
me I’d give myself a couple hours of research and coding to see if it
was feasible or not.

Rdub

Re: Thoughts and Opinions Requested

<dcf00dd7-a902-4447-9303-1a2be36f1c02n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=521&group=comp.databases.ms-access#521

Newsgroups: comp.databases.ms-access
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 04:35:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: internet...@foobox.com (Keith Tizzard)
 by: Keith Tizzard - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 11:35 UTC

It depends whether you want to control the whole lot from within your Access database or not.

If the latter then convert the Word document to pdf; create your fees pdf; and then use something like Adobe to merge the two pdfs into one.

If the former then Albert Kallal has produced a facility within Access to merge pdfs files:
https://groups.google.com/g/comp.databases.ms-access/c/RyFkucKupSU/m/7-uID4axAgAJ

I use this.

On Monday, 23 August 2021 at 17:03:16 UTC+1, musicloverlch wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've been given some very complex Word documents with lots of graphics and text from the marketing department that they want to combine with a very involved fee page that is generated by Microsoft Access as one PDF. Which do you think seems to be the better option:
>
> 1. Recreate the Word document in Access. Pros: It will come out as one PDF. Cons: It's a really involved Word doc and graphics don't look that great on Access reports.
>
> 2. Use Access to control Word and import the data into the Word document and then use Word to export as PDF. Pros: looks better Cons: I don't know how to do it and I don't even know if I can control Word that way.
>
> Thanks for your opinions.

Re: Thoughts and Opinions Requested

<bb5eac01-6b2e-4c66-ab80-77e6f963c18en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=522&group=comp.databases.ms-access#522

Newsgroups: comp.databases.ms-access
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 05:29:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: ron81...@gmail.com (Ron Paii)
 by: Ron Paii - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 12:29 UTC

On Monday, August 23, 2021 at 11:03:16 AM UTC-5, musicloverlch wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've been given some very complex Word documents with lots of graphics and text from the marketing department that they want to combine with a very involved fee page that is generated by Microsoft Access as one PDF. Which do you think seems to be the better option:
>
> 1. Recreate the Word document in Access. Pros: It will come out as one PDF. Cons: It's a really involved Word doc and graphics don't look that great on Access reports.
>
> 2. Use Access to control Word and import the data into the Word document and then use Word to export as PDF. Pros: looks better Cons: I don't know how to do it and I don't even know if I can control Word that way.
>
> Thanks for your opinions.

Have you tried mail merge from Word, using the query in Access generating the PDF?

Google "reference access query from word document", finds a number of pages..