From: Ancient-...@Heaven.Net (Robin Goodfellow)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps
Subject: Re: Is anyone noticing iOS v15.0's storage not showing all installed apps (e.g., VLC)?
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 01:54:48 +0000
References: <rLmdnaf9XL-C0cv8nZ2dnUU7-RGdnZ2d@earthlink.com> <i_6dnQsHtuJjzMv8nZ2dnUU7-K_NnZ2d@supernews.com> <slrnsld5e8.1o73.g.kreme@m1mini.local> <C-6dnQ8Bc8Q-HMr8nZ2dnUU7-T_NnZ2d@supernews.com> <011020211754287864%nospam@nospam.invalid> <qpOdnRUm9dckDMr8nZ2dnUU7-dXNnZ2d@supernews.com> <011020211856100015%nospam@nospam.invalid> <FvWdnZX1v-Z6D8r8nZ2dnUU7-LfNnZ2d@supernews.com> <011020211934418611%nospam@nospam.invalid>
 by: Robin Goodfellow - Sat, 2 Oct 2021 01:54 UTC

nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> asked
>> But a major version release (X.0.0) will usually be particularly buggy.
>
> not necessarily

It's a fact Apple OS releases are more buggy than other operating systems.

*That's because entire swaths of Apple OS code have _never_ been tested.*
"'The root causes of Apple security holes that Project Zero highlight
are not difficult to find and yet they are often overlooked by Apple
quality control teams: In fact, Google's Project Zero has seen too
many cases of Apple code which seems to have never worked, and Apple
code that likely skipped QA or likely had little testing or review
before being shipped to users as an official macOS or iOS release'"

Apple has more zero day vulnerabilities than _any_ other Operating System.
--
*Apple angry at Google for bursting iPhone security myth bubble*
<https://cnnews9.com/2019/09/08/apple-angry-at-google-for-bursting-iphone-security-myth-bubble-mspoweruser/>

*iPhone: Many zero-day vulnerabilities are found which spy on your activity*
<https://www.gizchina.com/2020/05/06/iphone-a-zero-day-vulnerability-allows-spying-on-your-personal-data/>

*Google discovered a further five major vulnerabilities in Apple code*
<https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/30/20746827/apple-ios-security-flaw-imessage-google-project-zero>

*Six serious 'zero interaction' vulnerabilities found in iOS*
<https://9to5mac.com/guides/security/>

*Most Apple zero day vulnerabilities are untested zero click holes*
<https://www.engadget.com/2019/07/30/google-project-zero-ios-interactionless-vulnerabilities-apple/>

*Google finds more Apple watch app zero-day vulnerabilities*
<https://www.engadget.com/2019/07/11/apple-walkie-talkie-feature-disabled-vulnerability/>

*Google reveals fistful of flaws in Apple's iMessage app*
<https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-49165946>

o *Anyone can hack into MacOS High Sierra simply by typing "root"*
<https://www.wired.com/story/macos-high-sierra-hack-root/>

*Making sense of the many ongoing repetitive Apple security flaws*
<https://www.wired.com/story/apples-security-macos-high-sierra-ios-11/>

*Apple Was Slow to Act on FaceTime Bug That Allows Spying on iPhones*
<https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/29/technology/facetime-glitch-apple.html>

*Apple needs to stop promising new products and start delivering them*
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/WYjTtnTs-XQ/YyhGkrNXAAAJ>

*Apple just now BLOCKED Live Photos in FaceTime for alliOS & macOS users*
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/fQ3Kb96gedA>

*An astounding list of security vulnerabilities found in Apple software*
<https://www.zerodayinitiative.com/blog/2017/5/15/the-may-2017-apple-security-update-review>

*New Mac Malware steals iPhone text messages from iTunes backups*
<https://www.hackread.com/mac-malware-steals-iphone-text-messages-from-itunes-backups/>

*Easter Attack Affects Half a Billion Apple iOS Users via Chrome Bug*
<https://threatpost.com/easter-attack-apple-ios/143901/>

Re: Is anyone noticing iOS v15.0's storage not showing all installed apps (e.g., VLC)?

<irrctoFamc3U6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=528&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#528

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps
Subject: Re: Is anyone noticing iOS v15.0's storage not showing all
installed apps (e.g., VLC)?
Date: 2 Oct 2021 15:41:44 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 2 Oct 2021 15:41 UTC

On 2021-10-02, Robin Goodfellow <Ancient-of-Days@Heaven.Net> wrote:
> nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> asked
>>> But a major version release (X.0.0) will usually be particularly
>>> buggy.
>>
>> not necessarily
>
> It's a fact Apple OS releases are more buggy than other operating
> systems.

That's not a fact, Arlen. You constantly assert that opinions are facts,
and in doing so show your true colors, trollboi.

JR

Re: Is anyone noticing iOS v15.0's storage not showing all installed apps (e.g., VLC)?

<sjccjt$6pb$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=530&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#530

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps
installed apps (e.g., VLC)?
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 13:53:01 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:wizmZwOEk9mXqxZ/CkvU96ExyWs=
 by: Chris - Sun, 3 Oct 2021 13:53 UTC

Robin Goodfellow <Ancient-of-Days@Heaven.Net> wrote:

> It's a fact Apple OS releases are more buggy than other operating systems.

Let’s try again. Seeing as you can always back up your facts and tell no
lies, please provide the numbers. For all major OSes provide the number of
bugs there have been, broken down by release, and highlight how many more
bugs there were in iOS and/macOS than the others.

Any diversionary attacks or name calling will be a clear indication that
you don’t have the numbers and your assertion is nothing more than an
opinion.