From: Ancient-...@Heaven.Net (Robin Goodfellow)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.internet.wireless
Subject: Re: Is there an iOS app similar to the Android WiFi Analyzer app?
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 22:22:54 +0000
 by: Robin Goodfellow - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 22:22 UTC

sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> asked
>> How do you debug the router (particularly with multiple routers around)?
>>
>> With Android you can - easily - get a graph of all signals on all channels
>> (whether or not they're hidden or open or locked) but with iOS - you can't.

> <unremarkable> iPhone user would never in a million years ever have to
> do any debugging, optimization, or configuration of routers. A Mac user
> might need to do this so these apps are still available on MacOS.
>
> It's only those communist, open-source promoting, anti-Trump,
> mask-promoting, liberal do-gooders that would use an Android device to
> do anything as arcane as going into those complicated settings on
> routers to do any debugging, optimization, or network configuration.
>
> Seriously, the idea that just because a specific app is only needed by a
> couple of million users, instead of 500 million users, means that it
> should not be available, is ludicrous.
>
> I wonder if our favorite trolls comprehend that they are implying that
> Android users are <extraordinary> <exceptional> <remarkable> when they
> insist that a useful technical app need not be available on iOS because
> an "ordinary" user would not use it.

I think the only reason people like nospam are arguing that nobody needs any
wifi or cellular graphical debugging tools is that iOS is the _only_
consumer platform that completely lacks graphical radio debugging tools.

*People like nospam _hate_ that to own an iPhone is to own a crippled OS.*
> Some Android-only capabilities that have legitimate uses _could_ be used
> for nefarious purposes, like using GPS spoofing to view content not
> available in your location. But I can't see how a WiFi analyzer would
> fall into that category.

What's nice on Android is the ability to spoof your GPS location (which can
move as you set it to) via commonly available free ad free FOSS apps such as
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lexa.fakegps

In Android settings you simply set the GPS location to that fake app by
default, which you can instantly pause when you really need correct GPS.

Again, this functionality is _impossible_ to do with iOS, yet again proving
what we knew all along which is that *to own iOS is to own a crippled OS*.