"It's like deja vu all over again." -- Yogi Berra

computers / alt.windows7.general / Streaming Radio

SubjectAuthor
* Streaming RadioDavid E. Ross
+* Re: Streaming RadioPaul B. Gallagher
|`- Re: Streaming RadioDavid E. Ross
+- Re: Streaming RadioGerry Hickman
+* Re: Streaming RadioAndy Burns
|`- Re: Streaming RadioDavid E. Ross
+* Re: Streaming RadioDavid H Durgee
|`* Re: Streaming RadioDavid E. Ross
| `* Re: Streaming RadioFrank Slootweg
|  `* Re: Streaming RadioDavid E. Ross
|   `* Re: Streaming RadioDavid E. Ross
|    +- Re: Streaming RadioPaul in Houston TX
|    `- Re: Streaming RadioFrank Slootweg
+- Re: Streaming RadioPaul in Houston TX
+- Re: Streaming RadioDirk Fieldhouse
`- Re: Streaming RadioRufus

1
Streaming Radio

<tklvnv$nqr$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5313&group=alt.windows7.general#5313

Followup: alt.windows7.general
From: nob...@notme.invalid (David E. Ross)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: Streaming Radio
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 09:11:26 -0800
 by: David E. Ross - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 17:11 UTC

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
SeaMonkey SeaMonkey/2.53.12 (x64)
VideoLAN (VLC) 3.0.17.4 (x64)

I want to use VLC to stream a radio station. However, it seems that I
can stream it only through my browser via a link on the station's Web
page. Does anyone know how I can capture the URI while streaming
through SeaMonkey? I do not see any URI in SeaMonkey's status bar at
the bottom of the browser's window.

For those who are not familiar with VLC, it is a stand-alone application
that does not use a browser. It is available at
<http://www.videolan.org/>.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Beyond Meat and other such vegetarian meat substitutes
represent the ultimate in ultra-processed foods. Real
meat is natural. Beyond Meat is definitely not.

Re: Streaming Radio

<tkm1c4$1h9s$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5315&group=alt.windows7.general#5315

From: pau...@pbg-dash-translations.com (Paul B. Gallagher)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: Re: Streaming Radio
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 12:39:16 -0500
 by: Paul B. Gallagher - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 17:39 UTC

David E. Ross wrote:

> Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
> SeaMonkey SeaMonkey/2.53.12 (x64)
> VideoLAN (VLC) 3.0.17.4 (x64)
>
> I want to use VLC to stream a radio station. However, it seems that I
> can stream it only through my browser via a link on the station's Web
> page. Does anyone know how I can capture the URI while streaming
> through SeaMonkey? I do not see any URI in SeaMonkey's status bar at
> the bottom of the browser's window.
>
> For those who are not familiar with VLC, it is a stand-alone application
> that does not use a browser. It is available at
> <http://www.videolan.org/>.

If you can figure out the MIME type, then you can set SM to use VLC for
that content type at Edit | Preferences | Browser | Helper Applications.

Paul B. Gallagher

Re: Streaming Radio

<tkm5e7$1cer$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5316&group=alt.windows7.general#5316

From: gerry66...@protonmail.com (Gerry Hickman)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 18:48:39 +0000
 by: Gerry Hickman - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 18:48 UTC

David E. Ross wrote:

> page. Does anyone know how I can capture the URI while streaming
> through SeaMonkey?

You may be able to find the url using F12 developer tools, but they
usually place some kind of restriction, like the browser requests a
cookie and token with date/time and you have to supply it in the request.

If you were on Linux, you could use GStreamer with thousands of times
less overhead (than a bloated browser and bloated VLC).

Re: Streaming Radio

<jt7p4uFjvuiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5317&group=alt.windows7.general#5317

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 20:20:43 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 20:20 UTC

David E. Ross wrote:

> I want to use VLC to stream a radio station. However, it seems that I
> can stream it only through my browser via a link on the station's Web
> page. Does anyone know how I can capture the URI

does viewing source of the radio station's web page reveal anything? What is
the station?

Re: Streaming Radio

<jt827lFlblhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5318&group=alt.windows7.general#5318

From: dhdur...@privacy.net (David H Durgee)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 15:55:48 -0700
 by: David H Durgee - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 22:55 UTC

David E. Ross wrote:
> Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
> SeaMonkey SeaMonkey/2.53.12 (x64)
> VideoLAN (VLC) 3.0.17.4 (x64)
>
> I want to use VLC to stream a radio station. However, it seems that I
> can stream it only through my browser via a link on the station's Web
> page. Does anyone know how I can capture the URI while streaming
> through SeaMonkey? I do not see any URI in SeaMonkey's status bar at
> the bottom of the browser's window.
>
> For those who are not familiar with VLC, it is a stand-alone application
> that does not use a browser. It is available at
> <http://www.videolan.org/>.

I have sometimes been able to determine this via view->page info and
inspecting the media listings.

Are you looking to play US radio stations? In that case most can be
accessed via streamtheworld as in (for example):

https://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/KNZZAMAAC.aac

Substitute the call letters of interest for the first four letters and
indicate AM or FM as appropriate.

You might also need to get the URL from iHeart for some stations. There
are programs out there to return the URL for an iHeart station. As I am
using Linux the tool I use is a python3 script iheart-url which can be
used to search for an iheart station number and return a URL for that
iheart station number.

I hope this helps.

Dave

Re: Streaming Radio

<tkmsbm$1027c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5319&group=alt.windows7.general#5319

From: Pau...@Houston.Texas (Paul in Houston TX)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 19:19:48 -0600
 by: Paul in Houston TX - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 01:19 UTC

David E. Ross wrote:
> Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
> SeaMonkey SeaMonkey/2.53.12 (x64)
> VideoLAN (VLC) 3.0.17.4 (x64)
>
> I want to use VLC to stream a radio station. However, it seems that I
> can stream it only through my browser via a link on the station's Web
> page. Does anyone know how I can capture the URI while streaming
> through SeaMonkey? I do not see any URI in SeaMonkey's status bar at
> the bottom of the browser's window.
>
> For those who are not familiar with VLC, it is a stand-alone application
> that does not use a browser. It is available at
> <http://www.videolan.org/>.

Several ways...
Usually the ip, port, and remote host will show up using a TCP viewer.
(I use CPorts). More often lately the IP is spread and I use the Remote
Host Name and port. Example: CPorts shows the station that I am
currently listening to as 80.85.84.114:8171 but putting that into my
Sceamer or FreeAmp players does not work so I use the Remote Host Name
of http://uk2.internet-radio.com:8171 and that works.

If that does not work then I try to find the .m3u or .pls from either
the station website or a streaming service like:
https://www.internet-radio.com/

Then I paste the m3u or pls address into my player and bookmark it.

Re: Streaming Radio

<tkmsdk$8eh$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5320&group=alt.windows7.general#5320

From: nob...@notme.invalid (David E. Ross)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 17:20:51 -0800
 by: David E. Ross - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 01:20 UTC

On 11/11/2022 9:39 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>
>> Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
>> SeaMonkey SeaMonkey/2.53.12 (x64)
>> VideoLAN (VLC) 3.0.17.4 (x64)
>>
>> I want to use VLC to stream a radio station. However, it seems that I
>> can stream it only through my browser via a link on the station's Web
>> page. Does anyone know how I can capture the URI while streaming
>> through SeaMonkey? I do not see any URI in SeaMonkey's status bar at
>> the bottom of the browser's window.
>>
>> For those who are not familiar with VLC, it is a stand-alone application
>> that does not use a browser. It is available at
>> <http://www.videolan.org/>.

> If you can figure out the MIME type, then you can set SM to use VLC for
> that content type at Edit | Preferences | Browser | Helper Applications.

The link on the Web page for streaming via my browser does not indicate
any URI or MIME type.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Beyond Meat and other such vegetarian meat substitutes
represent the ultimate in ultra-processed foods. Real
meat is natural. Beyond Meat is definitely not.

Re: Streaming Radio

<tkmsgc$8eh$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5321&group=alt.windows7.general#5321

From: nob...@notme.invalid (David E. Ross)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 17:22:20 -0800
 by: David E. Ross - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 01:22 UTC

On 11/11/2022 12:20 PM, Andy Burns wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>
>> I want to use VLC to stream a radio station. However, it seems that I
>> can stream it only through my browser via a link on the station's Web
>> page. Does anyone know how I can capture the URI
>
> does viewing source of the radio station's web page reveal anything? What is
> the station?

I tried that. The source appears to have tons of obscure garbage.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Beyond Meat and other such vegetarian meat substitutes
represent the ultimate in ultra-processed foods. Real
meat is natural. Beyond Meat is definitely not.

Re: Streaming Radio

<tkmti3$j40$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5322&group=alt.windows7.general#5322

From: nob...@notme.invalid (David E. Ross)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 17:40:18 -0800
 by: David E. Ross - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 01:40 UTC

On 11/11/2022 2:55 PM, David H Durgee wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>> Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
>> SeaMonkey SeaMonkey/2.53.12 (x64)
>> VideoLAN (VLC) 3.0.17.4 (x64)
>>
>> I want to use VLC to stream a radio station. However, it seems that I
>> can stream it only through my browser via a link on the station's Web
>> page. Does anyone know how I can capture the URI while streaming
>> through SeaMonkey? I do not see any URI in SeaMonkey's status bar at
>> the bottom of the browser's window.
>>
>> For those who are not familiar with VLC, it is a stand-alone application
>> that does not use a browser. It is available at
>> <http://www.videolan.org/>.

> I have sometimes been able to determine this via view->page info and
> inspecting the media listings.
>
> Are you looking to play US radio stations? In that case most can be
> accessed via streamtheworld as in (for example):
>
> https://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/KNZZAMAAC.aac
>
> Substitute the call letters of interest for the first four letters and
> indicate AM or FM as appropriate.
>
> You might also need to get the URL from iHeart for some stations. There
> are programs out there to return the URL for an iHeart station. As I am
> using Linux the tool I use is a python3 script iheart-url which can be
> used to search for an iheart station number and return a URL for that
> iheart station number.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Dave

Aha! No, I did not try StreamTheWorld. I did try RadioTower at
<http://radiotower.com/> without success; this site might not have been
updated in 9 years. However, I then tried Radio-Locator at
<http://www.radio-locator.com/> with success; this site seems to have
been updated this year.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Beyond Meat and other such vegetarian meat substitutes
represent the ultimate in ultra-processed foods. Real
meat is natural. Beyond Meat is definitely not.

Re: Streaming Radio

<tkmtie$h2e$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5323&group=alt.windows7.general#5323

From: surn...@gmx.net.aioeremovethisandtherest.example.com (Dirk Fieldhouse)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 01:40:30 +0000
 by: Dirk Fieldhouse - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 01:40 UTC

On 11/11/2022 17:11, David E. Ross wrote:
> Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
> SeaMonkey SeaMonkey/2.53.12 (x64)
> VideoLAN (VLC) 3.0.17.4 (x64)
>
> I want to use VLC to stream a radio station. However, it seems that I
> can stream it only through my browser via a link on the station's Web
> page. Does anyone know how I can capture the URI while streaming
> through SeaMonkey? I do not see any URI in SeaMonkey's status bar at
> the bottom of the browser's window.
>
> For those who are not familiar with VLC, it is a stand-alone application
> that does not use a browser. It is available at
> <http://www.videolan.org/>.

Use the network tab of the developer tools to show the URLs being
accessed as you load the stream.

However the stream URL may be dynamically generated: if so, just
bookmarking the value you see will fail over time.

/df

--
London
UK

Re: Streaming Radio

<tkp0el$1h0n$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5333&group=alt.windows7.general#5333

From: not...@home.com (Rufus)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 12:41:56 -0800
 by: Rufus - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 20:41 UTC

David E. Ross wrote:
> Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
> SeaMonkey SeaMonkey/2.53.12 (x64)
> VideoLAN (VLC) 3.0.17.4 (x64)
>
> I want to use VLC to stream a radio station. However, it seems that I
> can stream it only through my browser via a link on the station's Web
> page. Does anyone know how I can capture the URI while streaming
> through SeaMonkey? I do not see any URI in SeaMonkey's status bar at
> the bottom of the browser's window.
>
> For those who are not familiar with VLC, it is a stand-alone application
> that does not use a browser. It is available at
> <http://www.videolan.org/>.

The easiest way is to open the streaming page in SM and select
View->Page Info, then select the Media tab. In a lot of cases the direct
URL for the audio stream is located there as "Audio". I find that in
most cases you have to actually start the stream to get it to show up in
the Media tab.

If not, try an alternate stream source (radio station, Streema, TuneIn,
Shoutcast, etc.) and see if you can get the stream URL from that one.

Then what I do is copy and launch that URL in a stream player/client
like iTunes or Winamp (dunno if VLC will do this too, as I only use VLC
for video). This way I can compile and maintain a playlist of all of
the stations I listen to and simply launch them from there.

I also keep a set of Bookmarks for all my fav stations so I can easily
find and update URLs if a station suddenly goes dark.

--
- Rufus

Re: Streaming Radio

<tkr47k.8jc.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5345&group=alt.windows7.general#5345

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: 13 Nov 2022 14:59:04 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 14:59 UTC

David E. Ross <nobody@notme.invalid> wrote:
> On 11/11/2022 2:55 PM, David H Durgee wrote:
> > David E. Ross wrote:
> >> Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
> >> SeaMonkey SeaMonkey/2.53.12 (x64)
> >> VideoLAN (VLC) 3.0.17.4 (x64)
> >>
> >> I want to use VLC to stream a radio station. However, it seems that I
> >> can stream it only through my browser via a link on the station's Web
> >> page. Does anyone know how I can capture the URI while streaming
> >> through SeaMonkey? I do not see any URI in SeaMonkey's status bar at
> >> the bottom of the browser's window.
> >>
> >> For those who are not familiar with VLC, it is a stand-alone application
> >> that does not use a browser. It is available at
> >> <http://www.videolan.org/>.

> > I have sometimes been able to determine this via view->page info and
> > inspecting the media listings.
> >
> > Are you looking to play US radio stations? In that case most can be
> > accessed via streamtheworld as in (for example):
> >
> > https://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/KNZZAMAAC.aac
> >
> > Substitute the call letters of interest for the first four letters and
> > indicate AM or FM as appropriate.
> >
> > You might also need to get the URL from iHeart for some stations. There
> > are programs out there to return the URL for an iHeart station. As I am
> > using Linux the tool I use is a python3 script iheart-url which can be
> > used to search for an iheart station number and return a URL for that
> > iheart station number.
> >
> > I hope this helps.
> >
> > Dave
> >

> Aha! No, I did not try StreamTheWorld. I did try RadioTower at
> <http://radiotower.com/> without success; this site might not have been
> updated in 9 years. However, I then tried Radio-Locator at
> <http://www.radio-locator.com/> with success; this site seems to have
> been updated this year.

It's unclear to me whether or not your original problem has been
solved, so let me just point to what I used [1] in a similar situation:

'URL Snooper'
<http://www.donationcoder.com/software/mouser/popular-apps/url-snooper>

Hope this helps.

[1] I used it quite some time ago, February 2018, but as you're probably
using Windows 7, that shouldn't be a problem.

Re: Streaming Radio

<tkr80s$thf$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5349&group=alt.windows7.general#5349

From: nob...@notme.invalid (David E. Ross)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 09:03:22 -0800
 by: David E. Ross - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 17:03 UTC

On 11/13/2022 6:59 AM, Frank Slootweg wrote:
> David E. Ross <nobody@notme.invalid> wrote:

>>> I have sometimes been able to determine this via view->page info and
>>> inspecting the media listings.
>>>
>>> Are you looking to play US radio stations? In that case most can be
>>> accessed via streamtheworld as in (for example):
>>>
>>> https://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/KNZZAMAAC.aac
>>>
>>> Substitute the call letters of interest for the first four letters and
>>> indicate AM or FM as appropriate.
>>>
>>> You might also need to get the URL from iHeart for some stations. There
>>> are programs out there to return the URL for an iHeart station. As I am
>>> using Linux the tool I use is a python3 script iheart-url which can be
>>> used to search for an iheart station number and return a URL for that
>>> iheart station number.
>>>
>>> I hope this helps.
>>>
>>> Dave
>>>

>> Aha! No, I did not try StreamTheWorld. I did try RadioTower at
>> <http://radiotower.com/> without success; this site might not have been
>> updated in 9 years. However, I then tried Radio-Locator at
>> <http://www.radio-locator.com/> with success; this site seems to have
>> been updated this year.
>
> It's unclear to me whether or not your original problem has been
> solved, so let me just point to what I used [1] in a similar situation:
>
> 'URL Snooper'
> <http://www.donationcoder.com/software/mouser/popular-apps/url-snooper>
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> [1] I used it quite some time ago, February 2018, but as you're probably
> using Windows 7, that shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks. Since I feel I was merely lucky that I was able to find a link
in Radio-Locator for use in VLC, I plan to installed URL Snooper. I
have already downloaded its installer file and scanned it for malware
(no malware found).

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Beyond Meat and other such vegetarian meat substitutes
represent the ultimate in ultra-processed foods. Real
meat is natural. Beyond Meat is definitely not.

Re: Streaming Radio

<tks0q2$1ah8$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5365&group=alt.windows7.general#5365

From: nob...@notme.invalid (David E. Ross)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 16:06:26 -0800
 by: David E. Ross - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 00:06 UTC

On 11/13/2022 9:03 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 11/13/2022 6:59 AM, Frank Slootweg wrote:
>> David E. Ross <nobody@notme.invalid> wrote:

>>> Aha! No, I did not try StreamTheWorld. I did try RadioTower at
>>> <http://radiotower.com/> without success; this site might not have been
>>> updated in 9 years. However, I then tried Radio-Locator at
>>> <http://www.radio-locator.com/> with success; this site seems to have
>>> been updated this year.
>>
>> It's unclear to me whether or not your original problem has been
>> solved, so let me just point to what I used [1] in a similar situation:
>>
>> 'URL Snooper'
>> <http://www.donationcoder.com/software/mouser/popular-apps/url-snooper>
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> [1] I used it quite some time ago, February 2018, but as you're probably
>> using Windows 7, that shouldn't be a problem.
>>

> Thanks. Since I feel I was merely lucky that I was able to find a link
> in Radio-Locator for use in VLC, I plan to installed URL Snooper. I
> have already downloaded its installer file and scanned it for malware
> (no malware found).

I tried it, but it failed to execute. It needed some .dll file that I
do not have. I removed it.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Beyond Meat and other such vegetarian meat substitutes
represent the ultimate in ultra-processed foods. Real
meat is natural. Beyond Meat is definitely not.

Re: Streaming Radio

<tksgai$1mg96$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5370&group=alt.windows7.general#5370

From: Pau...@Houston.Texas (Paul in Houston TX)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 22:31:12 -0600
 by: Paul in Houston TX - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 04:31 UTC

David E. Ross wrote:
> On 11/13/2022 9:03 AM, David E. Ross wrote:

>>> It's unclear to me whether or not your original problem has been
>>> solved, so let me just point to what I used [1] in a similar situation:
>>>
>>> 'URL Snooper'
>>> <http://www.donationcoder.com/software/mouser/popular-apps/url-snooper>
>>>
>>> Hope this helps.
>>>
>>> [1] I used it quite some time ago, February 2018, but as you're probably
>>> using Windows 7, that shouldn't be a problem.
>>>

>> Thanks. Since I feel I was merely lucky that I was able to find a link
>> in Radio-Locator for use in VLC, I plan to installed URL Snooper. I
>> have already downloaded its installer file and scanned it for malware
>> (no malware found).
>>

> I tried it, but it failed to execute. It needed some .dll file that I
> do not have. I removed it.

See my earlier response to your question.
My method works. I use it daily.
Here is a d/l link to cports:
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html#DownloadLinks

Re: Streaming Radio

<tktutr.ia8.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5376&group=alt.windows7.general#5376

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: 14 Nov 2022 16:46:48 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 16:46 UTC

David E. Ross <nobody@notme.invalid> wrote:
> On 11/13/2022 9:03 AM, David E. Ross wrote:

> >> It's unclear to me whether or not your original problem has been
> >> solved, so let me just point to what I used [1] in a similar situation:
> >>
> >> 'URL Snooper'
> >> <http://www.donationcoder.com/software/mouser/popular-apps/url-snooper>
> >>
> >> Hope this helps.
> >>
> >> [1] I used it quite some time ago, February 2018, but as you're probably
> >> using Windows 7, that shouldn't be a problem.
> >>

> > Thanks. Since I feel I was merely lucky that I was able to find a link
> > in Radio-Locator for use in VLC, I plan to installed URL Snooper. I
> > have already downloaded its installer file and scanned it for malware
> > (no malware found).
> >

> I tried it, but it failed to execute. It needed some .dll file that I
> do not have. I removed it.

Hmmm!? Strange! You use Windows 7, correct? If so, I used Windows 8.1,
so, as URL Snooper is older software, Windows 7 should be fine.

You *did* see the WinPcap requirement and downloaded and installed
that?