From: Ancient-...@Heaven.Net (Robin Goodfellow)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps
Subject: Re: Is anyone noticing iOS v15.0's storage not showing all installed apps (e.g., VLC)?
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 23:42:23 +0000
References: <rLmdnaf9XL-C0cv8nZ2dnUU7-RGdnZ2d@earthlink.com> <i_6dnQsHtuJjzMv8nZ2dnUU7-K_NnZ2d@supernews.com> <slrnsld5e8.1o73.g.kreme@m1mini.local> <C-6dnQ8Bc8Q-HMr8nZ2dnUU7-T_NnZ2d@supernews.com> <011020211754287864%nospam@nospam.invalid> <qpOdnRUm9dckDMr8nZ2dnUU7-dXNnZ2d@supernews.com> <011020211856100015%nospam@nospam.invalid> <FvWdnZX1v-Z6D8r8nZ2dnUU7-LfNnZ2d@supernews.com> <irrcquFamc3U5@mid.individual.net>
 by: Robin Goodfellow - Mon, 4 Oct 2021 23:42 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> asked
> Often that's the case, but not always. The number of major defects in
> major releases varies. That's just the nature of the beast.

You do realize, Jolly Roger, that it was proven that huge portions
of iOS code have _never_ been tested by Apple QA, don't you?

Oh. You don't.
Hmmmmm....(you're _that_ ignorant, Jolly Roger?)

Do you at least realize *nobody has more security holes than Apple* does?
--
*iOS 13 Bugs Cause Apple to Overhaul Software Testing*
<https://tidbits.com/2019/11/25/ios-13-bugs-cause-apple-to-overhaul-software-testing/>

*Apple updates iOS 13 yet again, hopefully squashing the remaining bugs*
<https://me.mashable.com/tech/7267/apple-updates-ios-13-yet-again-hopefully-squashing-the-remaining-bugs>

*iOS 13 woes have forced Apple to rethink how it tests iPhone updates*
<https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/21/20975651/apple-ios-14-testing-update-features-changes-rumors>

*iOS 14: Apple Changing How It Develops Its Software After Buggy iOS 13 Debut*
<https://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/ios-14-development-overhaul-13-bugs-apple-process-2136708>

*iOS 13.4 is loaded with bugs - why you should wait to upgrade*
<https://www.tomsguide.com/news/ios-134-is-loaded-with-bugs-why-you-should-wait-to-upgrade>

*Apple iOS 13 Is Full Of Bugs*
<https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2019/09/19/apple-ios13-upgrade-problems-iphone-11-pro-max-xs-max-xr-update/>

*Apple's big new iPhone iOS 13 update is filled with bugs*
<https://www.businessinsider.com/apple-ios-13-update-release-with-bugs-019-9>

*Why iOS 13 is buggy - and how to fix it*
<https://www.imore.com/why-ios-13-buggy-and-how-fix-it-ios-14>

*iOS 13 is Apple's buggiest release yet*
<https://www.firstpost.com/tech/news-analysis/apples-buggiest-ios-release-yet-introduces-more-bugs-in-ios-13-2-users-report-that-multitasking-is-now-dead-7608061.html>

*iOS 13 marks the record for the number of bugs*
<https://geektech.me/ios-13-marks-the-record-for-the-number-of-bugs-but-apple-has-already-fixed-the-bugs/>

*iOS 13.5 issues wreaking havoc on iPhones and iPads*
<https://www.tomsguide.com/news/ios-135-issues-wreaking-havoc-on-iphones-and-ipads>

*Apple issues third iOS 13 update in just two weeks as more bugs strike*
<https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ios-13-1-2-bug-fixes-improvements-3942784>

*Apple reportedly focusing on its buggy iOS problems again with iOS 14*
<https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/21/20975651/apple-ios-14-testing-update-features-changes-rumors>

*Apple angry at Google for bursting iPhone security myth bubble*
<https://cnnews9.com/2019/09/08/apple-angry-at-google-for-bursting-iphone-security-myth-bubble-mspoweruser/>

*Apple angry at Google for bursting iPhone security myth bubble*
<https://cnnews9.com/2019/09/08/apple-angry-at-google-for-bursting-iphone-security-myth-bubble-mspoweruser/>

*iPhone: Many zero-day vulnerabilities are found which spy on your activity*
<https://www.gizchina.com/2020/05/06/iphone-a-zero-day-vulnerability-allows-spying-on-your-personal-data/>

*Google discovered a further five major vulnerabilities in Apple code*
<https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/30/20746827/apple-ios-security-flaw-imessage-google-project-zero>

*Six serious 'zero interaction' vulnerabilities found in iOS*
<https://9to5mac.com/guides/security/>

*Google researchers discovered serious iOS security flaws*
<https://www.engadget.com/2019/07/30/google-project-zero-ios-interactionless-vulnerabilities-apple/>

*Google finds more Apple watch app zero-day vulnerabilities*
<https://www.engadget.com/2019/07/11/apple-walkie-talkie-feature-disabled-vulnerability/>

*Google reveals fistful of flaws in Apple's iMessage app*
<https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-49165946>

*Anyone can hack into MacOS High Sierra simply by typing "root"*
<https://www.wired.com/story/macos-high-sierra-hack-root/>

*Making sense of the many ongoing repetitive Apple security flaws*
<https://www.wired.com/story/apples-security-macos-high-sierra-ios-11/>

*Apple Was Slow to Act on FaceTime Bug That Allows Spying on iPhones*
<https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/29/technology/facetime-glitch-apple.html>

*Apple needs to stop promising new products and start delivering them*
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/WYjTtnTs-XQ/YyhGkrNXAAAJ>

*Apple just now BLOCKED Live Photos in FaceTime for alliOS & macOS users*
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/fQ3Kb96gedA>

*An astounding list of security vulnerabilities found in Apple software*
<https://www.zerodayinitiative.com/blog/2017/5/15/the-may-2017-apple-security-update-review>

*New Mac Malware steals iPhone text messages from iTunes backups*
<https://www.hackread.com/mac-malware-steals-iphone-text-messages-from-itunes-backups/>

*Easter Attack Affects Half a Billion Apple iOS Users via Chrome Bug*
<https://threatpost.com/easter-attack-apple-ios/143901/>

*A very deep dive into iOS Exploit chains found in the wild
<https://googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2019/08/a-very-deep-dive-into-ios-exploit.html>

*Google Says Malicious Websites Have Been Quietly Hacking iPhones for Years
<https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/bjwne5/malicious-websites-hacked-iphones-for-years>

*Massive iPhone Hack Uncovered by Google: What You Need to Know*
<https://www.tomsguide.com/news/thousands-of-iphones-secretly-hacked-for-years-google-reveals>

*These malicious website exploits targeted iPhone users for years*
<https://macdailynews.com/2019/08/30/these-malicious-website-exploits-targeted-iphone-users-for-years/>

*Google reported many exploits which Apple was too slow to fix*
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Zero>

*Malicious Websites Have Been Quietly Hacking iPhones for Years*
<https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/bjwne5/malicious-websites-hacked-iphones-for-years>

*Apple's release notes hide the immensity of Apple's huge lack of QA*
<https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209520>

*Apple quality control problem stems from lack of resources on testing*
<https://www.forbes.com/sites/amitchowdhry/2019/02/07/ios-12-1-4-features/>

Re: Is anyone noticing iOS v15.0's storage not showing all installed apps (e.g., VLC)?

<is3cadFrbclU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=532&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#532

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps
Subject: Re: Is anyone noticing iOS v15.0's storage not showing all
installed apps (e.g., VLC)?
Date: 5 Oct 2021 16:20:29 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 5 Oct 2021 16:20 UTC

On 2021-10-04, Robin Goodfellow <Ancient-of-Days@Heaven.Net> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> asked
>> Often that's the case, but not always. The number of major defects in
>> major releases varies. That's just the nature of the beast.
>
> You do realize, Jolly Roger, that it was proven that huge portions of
> iOS code have _never_ been tested by Apple QA, don't you?

Links to websites complaining about this or that bug doesn't constitute
proof that code has never been tested, doofus troll. You continue to
prove you know nothing about software development, dip shit.

> Hmmmmm....(you're _that_ ignorant, Jolly Roger?)

Projection, as always. Stay stupid, Arlen.

JR

Re: Is anyone noticing iOS v15.0's storage not showing all installed apps (e.g., VLC)?

<sjijdf$14n2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=533&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#533

From: Ancient-...@Heaven.Net (Robin Goodfellow)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 22:26:00 +0000
References: <rLmdnaf9XL-C0cv8nZ2dnUU7-RGdnZ2d@earthlink.com> <i_6dnQsHtuJjzMv8nZ2dnUU7-K_NnZ2d@supernews.com> <slrnsld5e8.1o73.g.kreme@m1mini.local> <C-6dnQ8Bc8Q-HMr8nZ2dnUU7-T_NnZ2d@supernews.com> <011020211754287864%nospam@nospam.invalid> <qpOdnRUm9dckDMr8nZ2dnUU7-dXNnZ2d@supernews.com> <011020211856100015%nospam@nospam.invalid> <FvWdnZX1v-Z6D8r8nZ2dnUU7-LfNnZ2d@supernews.com> <irrcquFamc3U5@mid.individual.net> <sjg3gm$1507$1@gioia.aioe.org> <is3cadFrbclU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Robin Goodfellow - Tue, 5 Oct 2021 22:26 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> asked
> Links to websites complaining about this or that bug doesn't constitute
> proof that code has never been tested, doofus troll. You continue to
> prove you know nothing about software development, dip shit.

You apologists are no different from Trumpists in almost every way possible.

That you saw the proof many times, and that you ignored that proof even more
times, is what proves you're always going to be ignorant Jolly Roger (much
like Trumpists are) of everything you don't like about Apple products.

I gave you, many times, in this thread alone, and in many others, the link
where Google explicitly explained in gory deep detail that Apple's iOS code
could _never_ (ever!) possibly have been tested - & yet - you're still
ignorant of that.

FACT:
*Apple has _never_ even once tested huge portions of critical iOS code!*

This same fact was proven with Apple's iTunes implementation on Windows
(i.e., huge portions of Apple's shipped code have _never_ once been tested!)

Here's the link again, but you're ignorant so I'm wasting my energy on you.

*A very deep dive into iOS Exploit chains found in the wild*
<https://googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2019/08/a-very-deep-dive-into-ios-exploit.html>
--
Apologists are no different from Trumpists in almost every way possible.

Re: Is anyone noticing iOS v15.0's storage not showing all installed apps (e.g., VLC)?

<is44gkF1au4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=535&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#535

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system
installed apps (e.g., VLC)?
Date: 5 Oct 2021 23:13:24 GMT
<irrcquFamc3U5@mid.individual.net> <sjg3gm$1507$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<is3cadFrbclU1@mid.individual.net> <sjijdf$14n2$1@gioia.aioe.org>
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 5 Oct 2021 23:13 UTC

On 2021-10-05, Robin Goodfellow <Ancient-of-Days@Heaven.Net> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> asked
>>
>> Links to websites complaining about this or that bug doesn't
>> constitute proof that code has never been tested, doofus troll. You
>> continue to prove you know nothing about software development, dip
>> shit.
>
> I gave you, many times, in this thread alone, and in many others, the
> link

Arlen, clueless troll that he is, can only post links to webpages with no
actual evidence of his lame assertion that Apple's code "has never been
tested", as usual. All he has are baseless assertions and misguided
opinions. He's a pathetic troll.

> Here's the link again

Links to websites complaining about this or that bug doesn't constitute
proof that code has never been tested, doofus troll.

> but you're ignorant

Insults are the last refuge of the weak minded when they feel powerless.
Stay stupid, Arlen.

JR

Re: Is anyone noticing iOS v15.0's storage not showing all installed apps (e.g., VLC)?

<sjjqut$4al$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=538&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#538

From: Ancient-...@Heaven.Net (Robin Goodfellow)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 09:40:54 +0000
References: <rLmdnaf9XL-C0cv8nZ2dnUU7-RGdnZ2d@earthlink.com> <i_6dnQsHtuJjzMv8nZ2dnUU7-K_NnZ2d@supernews.com> <slrnsld5e8.1o73.g.kreme@m1mini.local> <C-6dnQ8Bc8Q-HMr8nZ2dnUU7-T_NnZ2d@supernews.com> <011020211754287864%nospam@nospam.invalid> <qpOdnRUm9dckDMr8nZ2dnUU7-dXNnZ2d@supernews.com> <011020211856100015%nospam@nospam.invalid> <FvWdnZX1v-Z6D8r8nZ2dnUU7-LfNnZ2d@supernews.com> <irrcquFamc3U5@mid.individual.net> <sjg3gm$1507$1@gioia.aioe.org> <is3cadFrbclU1@mid.individual.net> <sjijdf$14n2$1@gioia.aioe.org> <is44gkF1au4U1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Robin Goodfellow - Wed, 6 Oct 2021 09:40 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> asked
> Links to websites complaining about this or that bug doesn't constitute
> proof that code has never been tested, doofus troll.

It's amazing how fantastically _ignorant_ Jolly Roger easily proves to be.
What's shocking is how similar these apologists are to Trumpists.

Jolly Roger just read an article by security researchers which explicitly
said the iOS code (for years!) couldn't possibly ever have been tested.

And yet, all Jolly Roger sees is a "link" to a "website" that doesn't
"constitute proof" which is Jolly Roger's way of denying all facts about
Apple that he simply doesn't like.

I've never met people as incredibly ignorant as these apologists are.

They get _nothing_ out of this rather easy to read article.
<https://googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2019/08/a-very-deep-dive-into-ios-exploit.html>
"*The root causes I highlight here are not novel and are often overlooked.*
*We'll see cases of Apple code which seems to have never worked*,
*Apple code that likely skipped QA or likely had little testing*
*or no code review before the release was shipped to users by Apple*."

This was for _many_ iOS releases... that Apple didn't test even once.
The fact Apple doesn't sufficiently test iOS releases is clear to adults.

All iPhones are compromised the instant Apple installs an iOS release.
The proof is _overwhelming_ Apple doesn't even _test_ much of iOS code!

The proof is not only from Project Zero - it's everywhere.
*Even Apple can't refute the fact they never tested their iOS code.*

Here's just a few verbatim quotes from security researchers at Project Zero.
"The more important takeaway, however, is what the vulnerability was.
In 2014, Apple added an unfinished implementation of a new feature named
"vouchers" and part of this new code was a new syscall (technically, a
task port MIG method) which, from what I can tell, never worked. To be
clear, if there had been a test which called the syscall with the
expected arguments, it would have caused a kernel panic. If any Apple
developer had attempted to use this feature during those four years,
their phone would have immediately crashed."

"It's difficult to understand how this error could be introduced into a
core IPC library that shipped to end users. While errors are common in
software development, a serious one like this should have quickly been
found by a unit test, code review or even fuzzing. It's especially
unfortunate as this location would naturally be one of the first ones
an attacker would look, as I detail below."

"It's the kernel bug used here which is, unfortunately, easy to find and
exploit (if you don't believe me, feel free to seek a second opinion!).
An IOKit device driver with an external method which in the very first
statement performs an unbounded memmove with a length argument directly
controlled by the attacker"

The amazing thing is I've never met people as ignorant as these apologists,
who, given a spoon fed easy article to read, even then they can't see _any_
facts in that article if those facts tell the truth about Apple products.
--
All of you apologists own imaginary belief systems - much like Trumpists do.

Re: Is anyone noticing iOS v15.0's storage not showing all installed apps (e.g., VLC)?

<is5g9cF96c3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=539&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#539

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system
installed apps (e.g., VLC)?
Date: 6 Oct 2021 11:40:28 GMT
<irrcquFamc3U5@mid.individual.net> <sjg3gm$1507$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<is3cadFrbclU1@mid.individual.net> <sjijdf$14n2$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<is44gkF1au4U1@mid.individual.net> <sjjqut$4al$1@gioia.aioe.org>
 by: Jolly Roger - Wed, 6 Oct 2021 11:40 UTC

On 2021-10-06, Robin Goodfellow <Ancient-of-Days@Heaven.Net> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> asked
>> Robin (Arlen) previously exclaimed:
>>>
>>> huge portions of iOS code have _never_ been tested by Apple QA
>>
>> Links to websites complaining about this or that bug doesn't
>> constitute proof that code has never been tested, doofus troll.
>
> *Apple code that likely skipped QA or likely had little testing* *or
> no code review before the release was shipped to users by Apple*."

Adults reading this can see that "likely skipped QA" and "likely skipped
testing" are both *non-factual* statements as well as being a *far* cry
from Arlen's asinine claim that "huge portions of iOS code have _never_
been tested by Apple QA". You lose, again, Arlen. Pitiful troll.

JR

Re: Is anyone noticing iOS v15.0's storage not showing all installed apps (e.g., VLC)?

<w5mdnZLueqLiYPz8nZ2dnUU7-YfNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=541&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#541

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system
installed apps (e.g., VLC)?
From: ecpho...@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2021 15:37:19 -0500
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Sat, 9 Oct 2021 20:37 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2021-10-06, Robin Goodfellow <Ancient-of-Days@Heaven.Net> wrote:
>> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> asked
>>> Robin (Arlen) previously exclaimed:

>>> Links to websites complaining about this or that bug doesn't
>>> constitute proof that code has never been tested, doofus troll.
>>
>> *Apple code that likely skipped QA or likely had little testing* *or
>> no code review before the release was shipped to users by Apple*."
>
> Adults reading this can see that "likely skipped QA" and "likely skipped
> testing" are both *non-factual* statements as well as being a *far* cry
> from Arlen's asinine claim that "huge portions of iOS code have _never_
> been tested by Apple QA". You lose, again, Arlen. Pitiful troll.

But persistent.